Check-ins

Options

Replies

• gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have to go to bed now as I have an early meeting tomorrow morning. Just completed day 8, and I think I am making progress since I am NOT inhaling all the snack items in the house. Since I am nearing my target weight the scale is moving slowly. But it IS moving!

@jafray4: you are doing terrific! 7 days completed, 23 pounds down in a few months, lots less snacking and a supportive spouse. Celebrate your success!
  • Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    On my 11th night I'm discovering, my stomach has shrunk...& I don't mean my waist-size, I literally get full way faster than before. This is a good thing, I haven't binged for at least 11 days so I guess my stomach is adjusting!

I enjoyed some naughty food for brunch (wings & beer) while watching the soccer games & have compensated with a myriad of intense exercising which I hate!!! (Shamelessly admitting here!) at 10:30pm, I'm still full from that heavy meal so 2nd night where I'm going to bed w/o dinner. :smile:

And congrats again to GXMILLER, SISPRY, JHLOVES, & JAFRAY for hitting your 1 week! 2 more weeks to go!

Here are the latest check-ins:

10 days: Bo
    7 days: gxmiller31
    7 days: sispry1
    7 days: jhloves2kni
    7 days: jafray4
    ? 6 days: kitten349
    3 days: equallyyoked
    3 days: spogna
    1 day: rlstepp29
    1 day: monique3677
    new: anamonacc

"EAT ONLY WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, CHECK-IN OFTEN, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES!"

Miss you guys! Come back and join our challenge!

?: hungry_annie
    ?: dankas001
    ?: belle_reve9
    ?: loanaevans
    ?: miniapplecoco
    ?: markthebark
    ?: IvorEdward
    ?: Sarah_SweetPe
    ?: bblumenberg
    ?: jrsygirl109
    ?: mshea62
    ?: princessaclar
    ?: HeidicooksSup
    ?: tashatp22
    ?: queenkori t
    ?: hanan20142015
    ?: kornishpiskie
  • Abobo08
    Options
    @gxmiller: you THINK you're making progress? You most definitely are! What a battle this night eating thing is!!! Good job!
    @jafray: so glad you enjoyed some fro-yo w/ your kiddies. & that hubby of yours! Just lovely!!!
    @kitten: you're almost a week down! Keep it going!!!
    @equallyyoked: just so glad to see you back! You are one active lady!!!
  • jkmbestself
    jkmbestself Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My Big Ball of Crazy, that's my life. Everyone in my family is going in 7 directions at once, from night shifts, to sports, to part time jobs and pick ups and drop offs. I do not like to eat on the run, I need to be in a calm and relaxed state of mind and sometimes that doesn't happen until 10 pm. Advice?
  • equallyyoked
    equallyyoked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making healthy snac bags ahead of time? That's what helps me a times. When I am hungry I will go for what is already prepared which is why Chips have won in the past because it was so easy to get to. I mean if you have to wash and cut up fruit then wash your hands before you eat it, you may choose something else, right? Well, maybe you have tried this and your schedule is still off. Sounds like if your family is doing so many different things at different times and you are doing some driving you are using energy and you probably are hungry during those times. So I hope something I said has helped but it definitely sounds tough. Keep checking in:)

As for me...I ate after 8pm (I think it was 9:15)I ate a rice cake with 1/2 TBS of P.B. not a terrible snack but I have had a 3 day streak of not eating after 8. I too need to remember that. My hubby asks me to tell him when I want to eat after my cutoff point but I still have to choose that. Thank God that I have another chance tonight!
  • slspry1
    slspry1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    night 8 completed
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Another day in the hotel. I've walked miles again but still not found my Fitbit :cry: got a round table discussion this evening so no chance of snacking yay.
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Being at the hot beach with exercisers everywhere helps lots! Hope everyone is having a great day!

11 days: Bo
    7 days: gxmiller31
    8 days: sispry1
    7 days: jhloves2kni
    7 days: jafray4
    ? 7 days: kitten349
    4 days: equallyyoked
    1 day: rlstepp29
    1 day: monique3677
    new: anamonacc

• gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done! I feel a habit coming on. This feels good, having some control over the situation!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting to check in. I think I started my challenge on Monday, if so that makes 8 evenings of success. That's a record for me! The only problem is I seem to be hungrier during the day, so I snack more. I might have to go back to logging to know when to stop eating. I quit because we eat out a lot and my husband cooks some off the wall meals. Both are really hard to find in the database. One night we had oxtail stew! I did a lot of guessing when I was logging, but I undoubtedly ate less.

Not snacking at night will be a huge help in losing weight.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I checked back, and I actually started on Sunday. So I have nine days of success -- whoo whoo!
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Last night was a fail- woke up twice at 1 and 3am and ate :( Will try yet again.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was out of town for two nights (June 23 & 24) and I'm happy to report that I was successful on both nights!!!!

That puts me at 3 nights total! ????
  • equallyyoked
    equallyyoked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat last night. It was extra tough because I watched a movie and I love me some snacks!!!. I prayed and asked God for strength. He gave me strength and I didn't eat! Hope everyone else was successful and if you weren't try again tonight.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @ anamonacc - You can do it! It is really hard when you wake up in the middle of the night. Your trying and that is more then a lot of people!!!

I have been lucky and have slept really good for the last week. Day 8 done!!! But I really though it would get easier but It isn't :( I just keep telling myself I don't want to start over after all of that hard work.
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    After 3 long days away from home I can safely say I avoided night time eating as I was with people all the time and late to bed. That makes 9 nights since starting that I have been good!

On. The minus side the food was not what I would have chosen as part of a healthy eating plan so I'm glad that I'm back in control of my own diet!
    The best news of all I have found my Fitbit :smile: so back on track with healthy eating and monitoring my exercise. I would have loved to have known how many miles I did do though as the hotel was enormous and every seminar room was miles from the next.

Hope you are all on track.
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Well…I'm starting over today :angry:

Went to a super late movie last night and had an entire roll of crackers! I couldn't log on to get encouragement/motivation at the time! My hats off to you, equallyyoked for resisting! But no worries, I'm getting back on today and I will make it to 21 days!!!! I'm proud of myself for making it to 11 in the 1st place :bigsmile: .

@Kitten…so glad you found your fitbit. How many habit breaking days are you on? I'm not really sure.

9 days: gxmiller31
    9 days: jhloves2kni
    8 days: sispry1
    8 days: jafray4
    ? 8 days: kitten349
    5 days: equallyyoked
    3 day: rlstepp29
    ? day: monique3677
    Redo: anamonacc
    Redo: Bo

• rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @ Bo

Been there done that! I know it's super frustrating when you had so many positive days in a row, but I believe the true pay off comes from NOT giving up!!! It makes you stronger! You will succeed and make it to 21 days sooner or later!
    Persistence is key! :flowerforyou:
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Thanks rlstepp! You're a great model! :wink:

@Jafray: I agree with you completely that on some nights (like last night for me) it can be totally difficult but for me, there has been other nights when I didn't struggle at all. Prior to taking up this challenge, more or less every night, I would snack mindlessly in front of the TV, computer, or a book. So even though I haven't reached 21 days yet, I'm thinking maybe that it doesn't necessarily become easier but perhaps the snacking just happens once in a while rather the nightly and my brain is on auto-pilot to snack…that to me is a life-style change! Healthy and sustainable!
  • MarkTheBark
    MarkTheBark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I was out of town visiting family from Friday evening and returned Sunday. Thankfully I stayed within my goals on Friday and Saturday. However on Sunday and Tuesday evenings I ended up snaking a little.
    Consequently the weight loss progress is a bit challenging due to it fluctuating from any given lowest weight back up 2 or 3 lbs. For example on Monday I weighed in a 360.8 and Tuesday morning I had bounced up to 362 but had come back down to 361.0 by Tuesday afternoon. And then today I'm back up to 363. I'm not sure if all of this is normal or if is a result of snacking.
    Any thoughts would be helpful and appreciated.