Check-ins

Options

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did OK last night - a good book helped. I started on a Sunday, so I think tonight is the 21st night. In case I'm wrong, I'm gong to assume It's a few days away. That will be a good way to make sure I continue. I'll keep logging in, since the accountability is keeping me honest.
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 20 for me is done. No snacking after dinner - nothing till breakfast. This group has been great for me, I am now just a couple of pounds away from my original goal - set over two years ago. I have fought the last ten pounds forever! But identifying where I have been failing and doing something effective about it took me a loooonngg time.
  • Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I must be miscounting...sorry y'all! I'm making it tonight despite so much festivities and goodies hanging around!

Check-ins:

20 days!: gxmiller31
    20 days!: jhloves2knit
    16 days: jafray4
    15 days!: kitten349
    5 day: rlstepp29
    1 day: Bo
    ?: sispry1
    1 day: anamonacc
    ?: markthebark
    ?: equallyyoked
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Well tomorrow will be 21 days for me. I've appreciated this grouping the support it offers but I know my journey continues. This last week has been easier as I have been off work and my other half has been around. I struggle most when I'm home alone so this week will be a telling point for me.
    I hope everyone is ok and achieving what they want to achieve.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Made it through last night (7-5-14)!
    I'm now at 6 nights! When I finish tonight, I'll be at a week. That will be the longest for me since starting this challenge. I'm staying positive that tonight will be successful! :happy:

Good job everyone! Keep moving forward!
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well tomorrow night I will be starting over :grumble: And it wasn't even worth it!!! Complete stress, mindless snacking. We just had a huge storm pass through with hail and tornado warnings. grabbed some snacks for the kids and headed to the lower level garage. next thing I knew I was eating the snack food!!! not happy with myself.
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    I made it last night - 21 days accomplished! Tonight is difficult, so I don't think I've developed a new habit. I'll be struggling with this problem for a long time, but this group showed me I can control my eating.
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    21 days. This has been SO worth it. I plateaued for about a year! And this group has helped me get the scale moving down again. How cool is that?

Thank you Bo, and everybody for helping me be accountable. I couldn't have done it without you! We can all do this. Just never give up, and you will get to your goals, whatever they are.
  • debralcm
    debralcm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a strong weekend. I kept busy and even though I did snack late at night, it didn't turn into a binge. So, I'm happy!
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    Rlstepp29 - good for you! You can do this, it does get easier and if you do slip a little just dust yourself off and start fresh again. We can all do this!

Thanks a bunch gxmiller31!!! You are such an inspiration!
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    I had a successful night last night (July 6)!!!
    I'm finally at 1 week...yippeeee! :happy:

Big Congrats to gxmiller36 and jhloves2knit!!! Way to go....21 days done! :flowerforyou:
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Congrats gxmiller, jhloves, & kitten for accomplishing your 21-days yesterday! You guys are such an inspiration! I too want to really thank this group for keeping me accountable even if I have not reached my 21-days YET! Every time I've fallen off, (which is one too many), I find myself needing to get back up and come back on here to check in!

So what's next GXMILLER, JHLOVES, & KITTEN?

@ JAFRAY: You have been so super strong! Welcome to the pick-yourself-pick-up club!

@ RLSTEPP: Yippeee indeed!

I'm super happy to report that I've made it through 2 nights now and I'm staying focused for tonight!

Here's the count!:
    Check-ins:

21 days!: gxmiller31
    21 days!: jhloves2knit
    21 days!: kitten349
    7 days: rlstepp29
    2 days: Bo
    1 day?: debralcm
    Redo: jafray4
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    After a successful 21 days, I fell off the wagon last night. I'm going to start over, counting this evening as day 1.

Thanks for all the kind messages. This group helped me control nighttime eating for longer than I ever have; it was well worth it.
  • MarkTheBark
    MarkTheBark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Finally last night was the 1st night was the first night that I haven't done late night snacking. Even though I did get in late from a meeting and working out at the gym I only had a PowerBar that I counted as part of the calorie count and after workout routine.
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Made it through last night!!! It was so tough cause I couldn't fall asleep, was watching shows, and craving a lil' snack! But didn't! :smile:

@ JHLOVES: You're totally right about 21 days isn't quite enough to fight off a bad habit that was developed over years and years and years! Here's to making it another 21-days! :drinker:

Check-ins:

7 days: rlstepp29
    3 days: Bo
    Redo: jhloves
    1 day?: debralcm
    Redo: jafray4
  • debralcm
    debralcm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HI Adobo,

Thanks for moderating the group. Can you remind me how the check ins go? Do I reply a general message or reply directly to you?

I still want to be able to have a snack after dinner (insulin) but want to stay within my calorie goals. Can that be considered a success?

Thanks,
    Debby
  • rlstepp29
    Options
    Woot! Woot! 8 days completed last night (7-7-14)!
    Sorry for the late checkin. I was out and about today. Getting closer to 21. :wink:
  • artype
    artype Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! This looks like a very motivated, supportive group--just what I need! I had been doing great with MFP, but fell off the wagon. I have been back "on" for the past two days. Nighttime eating has been a problem of mine forever, so I am thrilled to find this group. I will try to check in each day. Thanks!
  • jhloves2knit
    Options
    I was OK last night, so I can count Day 1 as completed. Tonight is going OK, although I'm thinking about food a lot.
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Well last night was 22 nights, so habit broken? I wish! For me the habit is not broken until I am sitting there home alone at 9.15 thinking I really want to eat. I don't need to eat but I want to. Last week my partner and I were off work so it was easy. As a secret eater when you have company it's not going to happen. But now? Back to working long hours, lack of energy for preparing even something simple for just myself and the convenience of just reaching for a biscuit ( or 10) or crisps or nuts or ANYTHING. that is my ongoing challenge. It's not helping that I have been logging everything, generally coming in at 1200 calories and not losing an ounce. I'm ensuring that I do10000 steps almost every day and am hitting 70000 at the end of the week as a minimum. I'm feeling disheartened. :ohwell: