Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes: 2 M @ 78 min
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I swam 2K today. My coach is having me do drills to strengthen my legs and my kicks for free and breast. My endurance is better. I don't stop as much. I think the addition of circuit training is making me stronger in the pool.
  • jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Monday and Tuesday (1 hour each day)
    Practicing my free style stroke (breathing) and labs I can swim it without going into my usual breststroke. I do better when I relax and take my time - so many things to remember. Breathing is most important :laugh:
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi again - not checked in for a few days, apologies for leaving the Coniston question hanging, thanks for picking it up 60sPanda :smile:

Today will be much colder - wetsuit will be on at Capernwray - a local dive centre in a flooded disused quarry that allows swimmers, so long as you've registered (swim fees much cheaper than scuba) http://dive-site.co.uk/
    Very clear blue water, some friendly fish and you get to wave at the divers swimming under you
    Planning to do 2 or 3 x 500m laps

Oh and last night did a 1750 set in the pool (all freestyle)
    30 x 25 - steady
    3 sets of 10 x 25 on 5 minute repeat
    10 x 25 steady cool down (interesting that Brits count lengths and US count laps)
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes: 2 M @ 76 min.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    2000m - couldn't resist doing a fourth lap today and it wasn't even that cold :smile:
  • Snip8241
    Options
    I swam 1600 meters today. Freestyle, breaststroke and kick drills. The pool was beautiful, Sunny, not crowded. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
  • jjeanmneis
    Options
    We had some nasty storms lastnight. I couldn't swim, but I did walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Swam yesterday, a good 40 minutes. Man, my lats were killing afterwards.

I'm really not quite sure how to get my continual swimming base up. I'm getting to a point where 100yards can be done, and if I really focus, and work efficiently I can eke out 200 yards in a single effort before I need a rest.

Aside from just swimming more, I really have no idea how to get to a point where 1k yards in a single effort is doable.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    To dbmata,
    Just keep practicing it will come. Don't worry about the increase so much. When I first started I tried to increase 50M after a month sometimes 100M. It took me 9months to get to 1600M and I could only do that sometimes( I started at 500M though). Don't get discouraged.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Thanks for that, not getting discouraged, just a touch frustrated. Looking forward to an open water session soon.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Going now!
  • Ms_J1
    Options
    I swam 2150.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Swam breaststroke 45 minutes with an open water swim club off Carbis Bay, Cornwall, UK. Mild temperature, choppy playful waves and the most spectacular views of blue sky, beach and wave profiles.
  • Snip8241
    Options
    Swam breaststroke 45 minutes with an open water swim club off Carbis Bay, Cornwall, UK. Mild temperature, choppy playful waves and the most spectacular views of blue sky, beach and wave profiles.

Sounds lovely.
  • Snip8241
    Options
    I swam 2K today. It is a nice time at the pool, quiet, sunny, peaceful.
  • Ms_J1
    Options
    Swam 2500 yards.
  • dbmata
    Options
    HEading to the lake in a few here with my new wetsuit to try it out and put in a small 30 minute or so workout. Had a heavy lifting day for arms and abs...so I might not have enough in me for a bomber swim. :)
  • jjeanmneis
    Options
    YEP :happy: 1 hour
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Havent been to the forums for awhile so just saw this tbread for the first time!
    Today Sunday and church so no swimming!
    Yesterday was gym day so 400 cals on treadmill then strength training!
    But thursday did my 2.4 km swim!
    :-)