Like Minded Lushes - August 2014

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy August Everyone.

I am hoping to feel re energized and tackle August head on. Enjoying the end of Summer and all that entails. No guilt life is too short and too precious.

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWZA, can't believe it. The summer is flying by!!!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Truth Robin!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad.... I can't believe summer is almost over :cry:

Monday- 1 beer 10 oz red
    Tuesday- 5 oz red
    Wednesday- 5 oz white
    Thursday- 15 oz white
    Friday- Not sure, but definitely some drinks while catching up on shows. We recently got into House of Cards

No plans for Saturday. Thinking maybe some time by the pool and then maybe a date night with Mike and the kiddo. Sunday we have a 2 year olds bday party, but the parents like to drink, so I am sure I will have a couple beers or cocktails.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't believe it's August.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

There will be drinks tonight.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes! I have missed you. I've been on the wagon because I'm expecting baby #2 in January! But I still like to live vicariously through you all and keep up, so I'm coming back around!

Not drinking has not been as hard as I expected; seems easier than last time. The hardest was on vacation. I so wanted to have a nice mid afternoon beer buzz in the pool. And get wine drunk with my Mom and sister. :drinker: But Eric did 30 days no booze with me and has not been drinking much since so it really hasn't been that bad. I honestly hope some of the good habits stick and I cut back a little once I can drink again, but we'll see. I did have about 1/3 of a 3% grapefruit malt beverage thing last weekend. GASP! So I felt like I was imbibing when my sister and her fam were in. We're headed to see friends and swim out of town tomrorow so I may take one of those 3% bad boys along to sip on to feel like I'm drinking.

I hope you all are doing well. I've missed you!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Missed you too Ashley!!!!!!!!!! Congrats again and have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby!!

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. This summer thing is exhausting me.
    Next week should be an opportunity for me to get back to a semi normal schedule of moderation and exercise. I need it!

Happy August everyone :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    AUGUST!! I AM SO HAPPY IT IS HERE!!!! Come August 10th, my brother-in-law will be moving OUT of our house & I will actually like being home again!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    This week has been rainy, lazy and lushy!
    Tuesday=5 beers
    Wednesday=2 frozen drinks, 1 beer
    Thursday=2 glasses of red

I don't know if I will drink tonight, probably a wine spritzer or something...

August! Anniversary next week and Warrior Dash in two weeks-woohoo!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I am with you guys- August! Wow! Summer is flying by!

This week has been a LOT slower than last, now that the wedding is over. It's back to counting calories and working out- and of course enjoying the nice evenings with a few drinks.

Glad to see how up-beat everyone is! I find it's contagious! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! MEH :grumble: :laugh: I'm always sleepy come monday morning probably cause I drink too much on the weekends :wink:

Friday night, Len and I walked about 5 1/2 miles (round trip) to get some groceries. Decided to stop for a pineapple martini before heading back home....ended up having 2!!! Then we had 2 manhattans at home.
    Saturday we spend the day with my family. I drove home so I took it easy. 3 vodka drinks and 2 glasses of wine...that was over 8 hours. We came home drank about 3 beers each and stayed up ENTIRELY too late playing cards, dancing and being weirdos. It was awesome :laugh:
    Yesterday, we took a walk to the closer supermarket and liquor store, had some chi chi's (vodka, pineapple juice and cream of coconut blended) and some vodka tonics. You ever keep drinking because you know if you stop at a certain point you will pass out BUT get up 2 in the morning and not be able to get back to sleep...yeah so that's why I'm a bit hungover today :laugh:

It was a great weekend and I'm always so sad when they are over. BUT there is always next weekend to look forward to :bigsmile:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,160 Member
    Options
    Monday AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! MEH :grumble: :laugh: I'm always sleepy come monday morning probably cause I drink too much on the weekends :wink:

Friday night, Len and I walked about 5 1/2 miles (round trip) to get some groceries. Decided to stop for a pineapple martini before heading back home....ended up having 2!!! Then we had 2 manhattans at home.
    Saturday we spend the day with my family. I drove home so I took it easy. 3 vodka drinks and 2 glasses of wine...that was over 8 hours. We came home drank about 3 beers each and stayed up ENTIRELY too late playing cards, dancing and being weirdos. It was awesome :laugh:
    Yesterday, we took a walk to the closer supermarket and liquor store, had some chi chi's (vodka, pineapple juice and cream of coconut blended) and some vodka tonics. You ever keep drinking because you know if you stop at a certain point you will pass out BUT get up 2 in the morning and not be able to get back to sleep...yeah so that's why I'm a bit hungover today :laugh:

It was a great weekend and I'm always so sad when they are over. BUT there is always next weekend to look forward to :bigsmile:

I have decided I am going to live/drink vicariously through you :laugh:

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 glasses wine (yep...9 day streak broken)
    Wednesday - 2 glasses wine
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 1 rum and diet
    Saturday - 3 JD's and Coke Zero, 1 glass wine
    Sunday - 0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Saturday I went to the cute little Ren Faire that we have up here in Washington. It was very hot. I did okay. 2 vodka drinks and 2 ciders and a s- load of water over the day. But the heat really got me and I was home in bed by 6:30. Yesterday I didn't feel that great. Doug fixed me a bloody Mary in the morning and I had a couple vodka rocks before trying to sleep in one of the warmest evenings in my house so far. I was not ready for Monday. I am hoping to motivate my way to being good but I am having trouble giving a darn. Note to self: pull your head out of your *kitten* and start caring!!!!!!

Have a great week lushes.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options

I have decided I am going to live/drink vicariously through you :laugh:

DITTO! Sounds so fun.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    our weather has been crazy humid...we got some much needed rain which was nice.

my goal is to exercise every day this week. the broken toe is no longer an excuse.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 3 drinks
    Sat - 4 drinks
    Sun - 7 drinks
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Between the fact that it's been a rough couple of weeks, husband probably won't be home for dinner at all this week and it's the week before vacation there might be drinks each night. There will definitely be work outs to balance any drinks though.

Good luck to those going for 0's or moderation.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Kat, where are you kids going on vacay??

Monday-0

Plan is zeros until thursday, because we are going to a Goose Island event and then a zero friday, as well!!! That's plan :bigsmile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    2 Glasses of wine which fit in due to a good day of exercise.
    something similar today probably.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My weekend was kinda boring. I got some lemon soda to pour in my red wine-a little "tinte de vierna" which I drank Friday and Saturday. Sunday I went to happy hour. Then finally went to Trader Joe's (it opened a few months ago but I hadn't been). I got some cookie butter-uh, yum! and beer, wine, mochi balls, chocolate...
    Also, I made chia pudding last night and had that for breakfast, it was yummy!

Sunday=4 drinks
    Monday=2 drinks

Not sure about tonight....