Like Minded Lushes - August 2014

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Kat, where are you kids going on vacay??

Our annual trip to Top Sail NC :smile:

Monday - liquid dinner, oops.

Guessing it'll be a lushy week, what is it about the week before a vacation that just makes you not give a damn?
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Lol...the week after too, kat. You get in vacay mode before then it takes you a while to get out of it.

hell...I've been in vacay mode all summer and the scale shows it. But it's been so much fun :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE!!! Way to much anticipating/dreading girlfriend's departure which is spend lamenting over liquor.

Way too many mojitos yesterday. They crept up on me and I was slow, slow, slow today.

Tonight is a zero. Tomorrow is calorie counting and spin class.

SoCal, the scale is definitely proving a point.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

One more day before Bourbon County Event, WOOT!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    look at you, kate...well done!

I had wine again...2 glasses...and we grilled rib eyes that were amaaaaaazing. but I always feel alittle ucky the next morning when we eat so heavy like that.
    More exercise today...and better eating. Probably another glass of wine.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I got a zero yesterday and tomorrow I have to work so hopefully that will mean another zero.

I am determined to drop at least 2 lbs. this week. :angry: I went grocery shopping and have all the goodies I need to be a good girl. We spent $150 dollars on just liquor alone between liquor store and bars.

I will hold out until Friday when we go to another friend's house for apps and wine. They are a little more conservative so moderation will be there. They have a son who's 19 who just built a vineyard in their back yard this summer. It's filled out since planting in the spring; and , they want us to check it out. It kind of makes me wonder, where did I go wrong?:huh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kate, I love all the things that you and Lenny do - have fun at bourbon-fest :drinker: :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Kate, way to go with all the 0's!!! And I love reading about all the things you & Lenny do too. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun together! So great!

Kim, $150 on liquor and bars? Sounds like me & my hubby :laugh: It's all ok though!

I try every week to hold out until Fridays for drinks, but I usually end up slipping. This week I have some 18 year reserve Jameson whiskey (on Sunday night) which my brother-in-law had bought my husband as a thank you gift for letting him live with us the past 8 months. BUT Monday & Tuesday were 0's! Tonight will be too!!

Soooo glad it is Wednesday!:heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    have I mentioned how much I love summer??
    Preston and his cousins :heart:
    694f2857-7d10-4f12-a8b1-3942e2f8466d_zps80311a9e.jpg
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Nice pic, Sydney!! Summer fun is the best. You're lucky to have a nice long season.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had a bottle of Riesling last night. Summer and cool white wines. I love summer. I hate BP medication and the fact that I haven;t found my groove with it. I hate being dizzy. I hate that my bp is still really high. I love summer. I love that Bodi continues to heal even if it is really really slowly. okay, I am done. :laugh:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Kim - I think the only thing my son has ever planted was dirty dishes in the sink.

Gary - Lovely wedding picture. Congrats to you, your wife, son and new daughter in law.

Robin - Glad to hear Bodi is continuing to heal. Boo for high BP and meds that mess with our heads.

Syd - Great pic. I would enjoy summer more I think if I was closer to an ocean.

Cheers other lushes!

Trying for a zero tonight...so far so good.... but it is only 4:30 here. I did have the Jack Daniels out to marinate my salmon in and I didn't even take a swig like I usually do...so maybe...
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-tiny glass of red-maybe 2 oz
    Tuesday- 10 oz red

My crazy boss is making me so stressed....so drinking will probably be the norm until this audit is over....oh well
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have not been trying to abstain, I guess...
    Monday=2 drinks
    Tuesday=5 drinks
    Wednesday=2 drinks

Tomorrow is my 5-yr anniversary, so there will probably be a bottle of wine or two...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Trying for a zero tonight...so far so good.... but it is only 4:30 here. I did have the Jack Daniels out to marinate my salmon in and I didn't even take a swig like I usually do...so maybe...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry about the BP mama - metoprolol did that to me. Not sure if you're doing this, but cardio brings down BP by 10 to 20 points. It helped with mine. I wish I could say it's from losing weight - but, it is not!!

Alright, I'm having one Coors Light Pounder because that's all I have.

I tried a TRX class tonight - HOLY SHAKING MUSCLES
  • kblue2007
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZLPSw8U8
    My mom shared this video with me....it made me cry!

Happy Anniversary Amy!!!

Syd, what a gorgeous pic!!!!!!!!!!

Chloe, good luck with the crazy boss!!!

Kim, how ya feeling today from the workout?

Robin, so glad about Bodi. Hope the meds even out for you!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-2 very large glasses of the rest of the chardonnay from last week....I had a weak moment....I got two workouts in and it was a gorgeous day and Len said that sobriety is the for the birds :laugh:
    Thursday-Goose Island Bourbon County event, WOOHOO!!!! We logged some extra time at the gym this morning. Not like its going to make up for it but it helps. I, mean, I could get a salad but I'm not :wink:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Kate - Len is right, sobriety is for the birds! Hope you have so much fun at your Bourbon event! That sounds awesome!!

Amy - Happy Anniversary!!!!

Chloe - sorry about your crazy boss. That doesn't sound like any fun at all. Keep your chin up!

Sydney - such a beautiful picture! So jealous...I wish there was an ocean here in Kansas. LOL

Robin - So happy to hear that Bodi is on the mend!

Kim - What exactly is a TRX class? Sounds interesting.

I've had a pretty good week. All 0's except for 1 drink on Sunday with the yummy whiskey/sprite. Tonight I'm going to go to hot yoga and then I'm debating whether I want to buy some elderberry wine or not. Decisions, decisions!! Very excited tomorrow is Friday!! One more day & my brother in law MOVES OUT!! I've never been sooo happy as to have my quiet house back!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Very excited tomorrow is Friday!! One more day & my brother in law MOVES OUT!! I've never been sooo happy as to have my quiet house back!!

That went really quickly Bridget!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more until you have your domain back!!!!
    xo
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Oh Kate, it didn't feel like it went quickly! I'm honestly surprised with myself due to the fact I didn't completely lose my *kitten* in the past 8 months. It's been pretty rough...I now know with 110% surety that I do not like roommates!!! Definitely a learning experience!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    2 skinny margaritas and 2 glasses of wine yesterday...spread out over some time. But yeah...kind of a fail on the booze lol. I did have a great workout yesterday so that helps.

I was celebrating my dad's house FINALLY closing escrow after months of total bullsh!t.
    Should get the check today. Still have to settle his estate as the trustee but the hard part is done.

Busy day today...no real time to exercise...but I probably won't drink either.
    Tomorrow I plan to spend the day at the club...workout...hit the pool....then start the weekend...which for me is just about every day during the summer...hence the 3 lbs I've gained. :drinker: