Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Cookie , John, Kyla, kirkor, Megan, Martin, my_chrystal82, aloster, Jen, MelKay2015, and 00fat2fit00!! :drinker: I am so sorry for not welcoming you earlier; these past 6-8 weeks I've had to focus on my family and nothing else. Craziness I tell you.

Any who, I am one of the mods in this group. Any and all ideas welcome so please feel free to start a new thread or join any of the current ones. Support and motivation are keys to success.

I just posted a weekly weigh in thread if you care to use it. I have also posted an August Miles Tracking thread. They are both open to edit so you can log in whenever.

Good luck on your journeys!

xo,

Jo
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looks like a great group! I'm a 35 yo mother of 2 (10&6) and am getting really close to my goal!!!! :) I'm a competitive badminton player from Vancouver Island and this was the first summer in 17 years that I went through off season training; running and weights! So proud of myself! I'm looking forward to next season being faster on court, slipping into maintenance, and more performance based fitness goals.

Good luck to everyone on their MFP journeys!
  • bettyboops33
    bettyboops33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I started my fitness plan today since last weekend I ran my first 5K ever :) It's great reading all your posts, definitely motivating! Being 31 with a full time schedule made me realize that it's time to get down to healthy business! It's now or never :) Feel free to add me for motivational support.
    Thanks
    Saraya
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 36 and looking for motivational group. I have 2 daughters, 4 and 11. My husband and I are doing this together this time and it is going really well!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Bobbiezilla, bettyboops33 and majigurl!!:drinker:

I am one of the mods in this group. Any and all ideas welcome so please feel free to start a new thread or join any of the current ones. Support and motivation are keys to success.

I posted a weekly weigh in thread if you care to use it. I have also posted an August Miles Tracking thread. They are both open to edit so you can log in whenever.

Good luck on your journeys!

xo,

Jo
  • mfi28
    mfi28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 37, married with children! I live in New England and have been an off and on again MFP member and this time feel really dedicated! Feel free to add me as I am trying to get back into the MFP routine!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group mfi28!! :drinker:

I am one of the mods in this group. Any and all ideas welcome so please feel free to start a new thread or join any of the current ones. Support and motivation are keys to success.

I posted a weekly weigh in thread if you care to use it. I have also posted an August Miles Tracking thread. They are both open to edit so you can log in whenever.

Good luck on your journey!

xo,

Jo
  • melissamarie2196
    melissamarie2196 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, yous are just what Iam looking for, LOL Iam 37 and the older I get the harder this weight thing becomes.
    Iam hopeing to meet new people and gain ideas and support along the way and also be here for anyone eles who may need it. thanks ladies...
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am 32yo female looking to get back on the healthy track. I am 5'7 175lbs hoping to get down tow 150-155lbs. I small goal for the moment is to get out and stay out of the 170'. It can get a bit crazy for me as I work long crazy hours and my bf is the size of a twig that sabotages me either on purpose or just unbeknownst to himself. I need some friends that will help with food ideas, keep me on track and make me accountable for my choices. I am trying to go low carb, no sugar, fruits veggies ect and trying to incorporate exercise into my daily routine. If there's anyone with the same goals let me know. I can use a friend to help keep me going. Feel free to add me.

My goal 10-15lbs by halloween
  • Berry9100
    Options
    Hi MFPs,

I'm a 35 year old Canadian female. Joined MFP yesterday. I've been successful on the Ideal Protein diet but I know that's not a life time program. I have 30 lbs to lose to hit my goal and then I'm turning to fitness to keep this weight off. MFP is awesome for meeting like minded people with similar goals. Feel free to add me.

Good luck everyone,
    Jessica
  • podgeetum
    Options
    Hi there everyone my name is Tracey and I'm 37 years old from New Zealand. I've been conscious of my weight most of my life and during a difficult time in the last 4 years I put on 15kgs - not sure how many pounds that is but it sure is a few sizes in clothes. I'm looking forward to putting my goals for myself first for a change and hope to achieve consistent weight loss:smile:
  • jeslynn24
    jeslynn24 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good Morning 30 Somethings!
    I'm a 34 y/o mother of 2 & wife from sunny Florida. My munchkins keep me busy on a daily basis, whether it is school projects, sports, or just about anything thus leaving me with little to no time for myself. I am at my highest point of my weight ever :sad: and it is so discouraging. I do not know where to start. Any suggestions and/or advice would be received with a smile. I just want to be around to for my munchkins :smile:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members! We currently have a weigh in spreadsheet and a August miles spreadsheet. Feel free to join in on those. It is just a way to try to hold ourselves a little more accountable.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Good Morning 30 Somethings!
    I'm a 34 y/o mother of 2 & wife from sunny Florida. My munchkins keep me busy on a daily basis, whether it is school projects, sports, or just about anything thus leaving me with little to no time for myself. I am at my highest point of my weight ever :sad: and it is so discouraging. I do not know where to start. Any suggestions and/or advice would be received with a smile. I just want to be around to for my munchkins :smile:

I feel your pain. This journey is not easy. Throw in family life and it is very tough to make progress. It is possible. I am 34 also, with two boys. It is a conscious decision everyday to make time for myself. I do a lot to try to incorporate my boys into my "exercise". We do lots of walking or set up obstacle courses in our yard that we have to go through. My 4 year has gotten so into the idea of exercising that he acts like my personal trainer and makes me "work out". It definitely isn't as good as I would do on my own but it is better than nothing.

For food, I just plan out everything at the beginning of the day. My food is pre-planned. I package up my snacks and bring them to work or if I am home, leave them where they are in line of sight so I am not digging through cabinets to find food and getting distracted by something else. My dinners for the week are planned on Sunday before and we shop specifically to that grocery list so there is not a lot of extra food in the house all the time.

Feel free to add me if you want extra support!
  • justinpc
    justinpc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Justin and I am 31 years old. I am married and have a 3 year old daughter and my second child is on the way. I have struggled with my weight for about 15 years now. This is the second time I have tried MFP. Hopefully I will have more success then the first time. I really need to lose about 50 lbs. to help make me a healthier person so I can be around for a long, long time! Any help or advice anyone has will be much appreciated.
  • dalexandria81
    Options
    Hi ! I'm Alexandria, 32, and mom of a 2 year old daughter. Looking for some peer-group motivation. My husband tends to do his own fitness or provide commentary on my form / style of fitness, so we haven't found a good activity to meet in the middle yet. :-)

My goal is to get back into shape, better shape than I've ever been preferably. Approximate weight loss goal would be 40 to 30 pounds, but who knows what will happen with the muscle tone being added back.
  • super_hanh
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I've recently joined & hoping to develop a support system to stay motivated & help others as well, along our journey.

I'm 39, married without kids. I stand at 5'3" with a starting weight at 170lbs, current 167lbs & goal is 110lbs.
    Most of my life, I've been a little chubby, but managed to make it work for me. Now that I'm older, I've started to experience pain that I've never had to deal with before. Piriformis syndrome has been really painful. With a trip to Boston in October, I've started working out to strengthen my muscles & stretching the hell of them. It's been the motivating force for me to me get off the couch & take care of myself.

I'd like to stay motivated to get in shape to feel great, but especially so that later in life, I'm not a cocktail of meds.

Looking forward to advice, suggestions, & encouragement anyone has to offer! :-)
    Thanks!
    H.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Justin, Alexandria and super_hanh to the group. We have a current weigh in challenge going on. We are a few weeks in but feel free to join in. There is a spreadsheet in the post and you can just add in your stats. Also, I expect we will have a miles tracking spreadsheet going and I am trying to resurrect a strength-ish workout challenge for September. There are quite a few active members on this page and we are hoping to find way to have the page be more supportive and active. I am looking forward to supporting you on this journey!
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow 30-somethings,

I'm Kristi, 30, originally from Spokane, WA but currently living in Santa Clara, CA. I live with my boyfriend, Jacob, and our cat, Noodle. I'm just trying to get healthier to make life a little more enjoyable and to prepare for things I want to do in the future, like have a family and all of that fun stuff. I'm 6'1", at my heaviest weighed 357 lbs, and as of this morning I was at 331. I'm hoping to get down to the 170s eventually. I haven't been under 200 since I was 13 - I don't even remember what that's like.

I also have a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. It seems to be aggravated by physical activity, but I'm trying to work through it. I try to walk at least 2 miles three days a week and so far it's going well.

Happy to meet you all. :smile:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Kristi! First off I would like to say great job with your loss so far. 25 lbs is a great starting point for you in this journey. I am sure if you focus you will reach 1derland some day.

We have a challenge that is a few weeks in (just a weigh in challenge) that runs through October and monthly we have a miles tracking thread. Both are at the top of the discussion box. Feel free to join in if you wish. Also, if there is anything you would like to see in this group feel free to post ideas. We are always looking for new and fun ways to support each other on this journey.
This discussion has been closed.