Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Caseyjarryn
    I know how daunting the next week's runs look, but just take it slow and easy. I just did W3D1 run today and I was REALLY nervous but somehow I managed to do it!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Trust in the plan, thousands have done it before you. The gradual, yes they are gradual even if you don't think they are, increases prepare your body for the challenges ahead. Your mind will convince you otherwise. It might convince you to go too fast to prove you are unworthy or it may convince you that it is too far and you are unworthy. Don't let the gre(a)y matter persuade you out of this, your body is better than your mind. Slow down, talk to yourself on the run phrases if you have too. Just recite your favourite poems, passages from books, even sing. Run at that pace and you will get there. I managed it second time round, first time I let my mind convince me I was unworthy, I was not "running" and hence went too fast and damaged my knees. Good luck to you all and I look forward to reading about your continuing successes.
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6 Day 3 yesterday evening... 22 minutes straight. I went at a nice, steady, conversational pace and it was (mostly) easy. At the 19:00 mark, I'll admit that I contemplated stopping, but told myself that I'd come this far... what's 3 more minutes?! I finished and felt great! Week 7, Day 1 is tomorrow... 25 minutes. Ahhh, we'll see how this goes!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Finished Week 6 Day 3 yesterday evening... 22 minutes straight. I went at a nice, steady, conversational pace and it was (mostly) easy. At the 19:00 mark, I'll admit that I contemplated stopping, but told myself that I'd come this far... what's 3 more minutes?! I finished and felt great! Week 7, Day 1 is tomorrow... 25 minutes. Ahhh, we'll see how this goes!

Fantastico!!, the mind, the mind. I am so pleased you did not listen to it. A day or twos rest will make you stronger. You've done 20, now 22, it's only another 3 minutes just like the time you went from 2x8 with 4 mins walk to 20 mins. I know you can do it. Go girl, go.
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Completed week 5 day 1 this morning. I ended up running a little longer after my cool down to make it an even 3 miles. I'm looking forward to the rest of this week, even though I'm a little nervous about the 20min one on day 3.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Completed week 5 day 1 this morning. I ended up running a little longer after my cool down to make it an even 3 miles. I'm looking forward to the rest of this week, even though I'm a little nervous about the 20min one on day 3.

Great job on making it this far! You can do this! You might have to slow down a little to make it 20 minutes, but you can do it!
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Caseyjarryn
    I know how daunting the next week's runs look, but just take it slow and easy. I just did W3D1 run today and I was REALLY nervous but somehow I managed to do it!

Well Done!! I'll be doing W3D1 tomorrow morning! :)
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options

I know this feeling. Since week one I have been doing the 5km at the end i have been walking one min jog 1min but today i i went walk 1min and jog for2min...
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    W5D2

I made the 2 8min. I was very happy with them. The second on was a little slower but made it. Now I get to look forward to Friday. 20min straight.

It will be an early night and no wine........... I can and will do this.....

:tongue:
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    W5D2

I made the 2 8min. I was very happy with them. The second on was a little slower but made it. Now I get to look forward to Friday. 20min straight.

It will be an early night and no wine........... I can and will do this.....

:tongue:

Way to go:bigsmile:
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It can be done! :)

I really, really struggled through Week 4 - I did 5 sessions and then moved on to Week 5 even though I wasn't convinced I was ready.

August 9 W5D1 - I was puffed out by the end of the last 5 minutes session but made it the whole way through.

August 10 W5D2 - was completely stunned that I finished both 8 minute runs. The last minute was uphill and TOUGH!

August 12 W5D3!!! - done. Done & dusted. Dare I say it, it was actually pretty manageable and that was outside with some hills.

When I started C25K I never imagined I would be able to run for 5 minutes let alone 20 (it took me 5 attempts to finish W1D1) so I was stunned when I finished the day that everyone dreads. I was incredibly slow at 12.2 minutes per mile but my only goal for now was to run without stopping.

For anyone thinking of giving up - DON'T DO IT! Go slow, real slow, aim to finish. Because I was so slow I didn't need to worry about my lungs giving out - I just had to ignore my brain telling me that my legs were hurting.

On to Week 6! :happy:
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    W3D2 Done! I am so amazed at what is happening with my body. Two days ago I BARELY finished the 3min runs (honestly I wished I would die so I didn't have to finish them) Today while I wouldn't say they were easy, they were nowhere NEAR as hard... I was looking forward to the chime to tell me to walk but I wasn't out of breath at all!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I did W1D3 for the third time. I had done W2D1, once and wasn't paying attention to the times and was struggling with the 90 second runs(I don't think I was pacing myself properly). So, I went back to the previous day to feel more comfortable. Next run will be W2D1.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Well done everyone, you are all amazing. Keep letting people know your success, it inspires others to keep trying
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 2 today!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Did W4D2 this morning before work. I can't believe W5 is so soon...a little intimidated...
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hoping the rain holds off. It's a nice cool day, perfect for a run! Planning on completing week 8 day 2 today if the weather holds out. So close to the finish line!!
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W6D1 done. Found it harder than W5D3! It was really humid and my brain was talking me out of it. I walked the last 15 seconds of my last run.

Hopefully W6D2 will be better!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    AND done. Week 8 day 2 in the bag :) Got rained on for half the run but heck, that's all part of the experience right? So proud of everyone on this thread who are getting out and getting 'er done :wink:
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    W5D3

Well Im so happy. After Day2 and 2 8 mins jogs feeling how im i going to be able to do 20min straight, I DID IT.....It felt so good. I thought ok make it to 10mins and that is half way. When I got to 15min and my heart rate was still sitting on 155 i was so excited. The last minute was a littl harder but once I heard her say 1 min left I had a feeling of finish well. what a great joy it was. I think it is easier in some ways to keep going instead of stopping and starting.....

Mind over matter does work.:bigsmile: