JMBR - workouts

Options

Replies

• WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I haven't updated in a while. I'm on my last week of JMBR. I have to admit I'm kind of impressed I made it all the way through. I've lost a total of 12 pounds and toned up a lot.

I thought 9 and 10 were the hardest, with 11 being right behind them.

I have to get a plan in place of what to do after. I am 6 pounds from my goal. I'm going to look into P90X3. Otherwise, I can just pick randomly from JMBR or some of my other JM DVDs.

I'll probably take on good cheat day in between. :)

Great job! I am going to "restart" tomorrow on Week 2, I did one week, then life got in the way, and I was doing other things. I have a cruise in October, really want to lose at least 10#
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have about 2 weeks left with JMBR. I've gone back into Phase 2 after I heard someone mention that in that phase people lost the most weight...now I'm working my way back up to 11 and 12 and after that I'm going back to toning and cardio at the gym as I'm getting closer to maintenance.
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    I have to admit, I feel very badass when doing the wheel pushups in 12. Dancing crab is fun too.
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    wheel pushups? dancing crab? I'm scared! lol :noway:
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

You've got me a little nervous--I start 9 tomorrow! I was bored with cardio 2 so I did cardio 3 today to end weeks 7 and 8--wow. I think I was tired but it definitely kicked my butt.
    I can totally do this!
  • pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options

You've got me a little nervous--I start 9 tomorrow! I was bored with cardio 2 so I did cardio 3 today to end weeks 7 and 8--wow. I think I was tired but it definitely kicked my butt.
    I can totally do this!

Yes, you can do it!
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. I was really nervous about 9 & 10 and honestly didn't feel that they were such a big step up - now 11 on the other hand - that one just killed me! Good luck and remember you got this!
  • jodios528
    Options
    I'm still playing with my post JMBR workouts. I've been trying to mix up pure strength (did Jackie Warner's Personal Training) with cardio/circuit training. Yesterday I did the 10 minute solution bootcamp, which seemed like more cardio as there wasn't a lot of weight bearing exercises. Today I'm trying RIPPED. I'm going to be mixing my cardio with long calorie burns and some HIIT which feels more like a heart pumping JM workout. I also picked up JM's 30 day DVD used at the library sale some I'm going to add that into the mix as well.

How is everyone doing?
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    Just started WO's 7 & 8 this week. Wow my chest and arms and abs are sore! This will be a long 2 weeks, I think!
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    Yesterday and today I was suppose to finish JMBR #9 and#10, but I'm sick so I can't. I wonder how hard it's going to be when I feel better and start working out again? I was 2 weeks and 2 says from finishing the program and being a graduate. So sad!!! On another note, I lost 3 pounds from being sick and not working out? Why? Am I losing muscle that quickly? I made myself eat so food can't be it. Tip, if you r sick and need to eat but don't want to eat peanut butter and Nutella for a lot of yummy calories. :-)
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    Good job everyone! Today I'm finishing up my daily workout with JMBR -- with the exception of weekends, and have been recently been focusing on 11 and 12. Tomorrow I go back to work and thus the gym in the evenings, so I'll probably only be doing JMBR 1-2x /week vs. daily now. I have to say, doing this program has really improved my strength and flexibility, not to mention seeing results. Combined with diet changes and running, I feel like JMBR reset my body and got me in shape faster.
  • Dnneka
    Dnneka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I started JMBR three months ago but i stopped last month at the end of two months. I was not seeing any changes on my scale and became demotivated. The only times I saw significant changes is when I did JMBR in the morning as I woke up and I did cardio in the gym in the evening. I realized then how significant my diet is to weight loss. As such, I stopped. I wanna start back though because I did see the scale drop whilst doing JMBR and I did feel powerful. I'd just like to see change. I've been trying to lose 30 lbs for years now and have only been able to lose max 5 lbs at a time. Any advice and support will be appreciated.
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    Dnneka, I would just follow her meal plan and keep at it. It does work! I don't make her recipes, mainly because I don't care for some of it, but I just try to stay around 1200 calories, up the protein, lower carbs. I am finishing Phase 2 tomorrow and have lost 13 lbs so far. Good luck to you!! ( I wish we could get more people on this thread. It seems everyone finished or quit.)
  • jodios528
    Options
    Was missing JM so did her NMTZ DVD. There were a lot of the same BR moves. I have to say I missed the energy of a big group working out with her. Still a good work out.

How is everyone doing on the program?

I'm thinking of going back and starting again from phase 2 - anyone else do something like that?
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    I totally did that once...I hear you on missing the group energy...her other workouts are solid but the team in JMBR helps distract me from the pain. I'm still doing 2 workouts every other day, btw. I have 11 more lbs before goal weight.
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    Was missing JM so did her NMTZ DVD. There were a lot of the same BR moves. I have to say I missed the energy of a big group working out with her. Still a good work out.

How is everyone doing on the program?

I'm thinking of going back and starting again from phase 2 - anyone else do something like that?

I'm going to start another 90 day program when I graduate from JMBR in 6 more workouts!! 90supreme... I don't think I'll like it more than jillian, but we shall see. I'm hoping she comes out with another one.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Starting again, I never made it past week one, so I don't know if I'd really call it starting over, more like "restarting".....

I did workout 1 this morning, the workout itself wasn't bad, it was the getting up at 6 am that was the toughest part.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    For the first workout seeming easy yesterday, I was definitely sore today! I had an early morning meeting, so I didn't get my workout in yet, but I WILL!!!
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Newbie here... Tonight I do Week 2 workout 1. Tomorrow will wrap up the first half of phase 1. I'm already seeing significant progress in my range of motion and a slight increase in weights during the workouts. I'm staying away from the scale until the end of the first phase because I don't want to get discouraged. I am seeing progress in my fitness and when it comes down to it, that's what really matters to me. Keep at it, ladies!
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    Started workouts 9 & 10, plus cardio 3 this week. They are tough, but I'm managing! Also thinking about what to do after I am done. The end is getting closer and closer. So proud that I haven't missed one workout yet. Keep going to those just starting out!! You can do it!!