August workout check-in thread - August one more rep!

Options

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I took a break last week from lifting. I was just feeling worn out and frustrated with myself. Today is my first day back at it and I'm starting the Madcow intermediate program. I hope I can still post here :)

Week 1, Day 1
    Squats: warm up + 5@50, 65, 75, 90, 100
    Bench: 5@25, 35, 45, 45, 55
    Row: 5@45, 45, 45, 55, 65
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    hey guys! I've been quiet in here lately because I've been so busy (haven't even seen the derp in the forums lately!) but I'm still lifting. A couple weeks ago I started up C25K to slowly work back up to my running strength I had in the spring (did a 10k) but I had injured myself. Now the hip flexor is feeling much better, but last week I discovered a sweet spot for calories and so with C25K and finally getting around to getting more than just 10lbs off I've only been lifting 2x a week with 3x5 and only increasing weight every few weeks. I'm just about where I was awhile back on squats so I'm still improving, which is awesome.

So tonight was A:
    Squats 135lbs
    Rows: 71lbs
    Bench: 71lbs

Also, as a note for anyone struggling with grip on rows (or I guess anywhere else), doing assisted pullups has drastically helped my left hand grip on rows. I wish I had time to keep doing them, but with my class starting, that takes up a lot of my post-work hours time.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options

3 more SL workouts for me then a week off and onto Wendlers...I think I have him convinced..if not might be doing something a bit different as our starting weights are pretty different...teehee mine are higher.

That's awesome.

Today I benched 531 day
    45x10, 65x5, 85x5, 95x5, 110x3, 120x7, 125x3, 145x1 this went up fairly easily. Maybe I'll try 150 on a joker set next cycle. :smokin:

Paused bench
    95 3x5

Superset x3
    Band assisted pu x3
    Pushup x10

Curls 15# 3x10 Elbow tendonitus coming back so had to throw these in

Then I did a conditioning circuit x5
    7 kb swings
    7 burpees.

The 35# kb was being used so I went with the 50lb. I was dyinggggggggggg by the last round.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Workout A today.

Squats - 5x5x115
    Bench - 5x5x80
    Row - 5x5x80

I think I'm going to stick with these weights until I can get the form better. I'm itching to get back to C25K tomorrow.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dl day today on week 2 of wendlers.
    Warm up, 5x135 5x140 7x155 (I think my 1rm is higher than I thought because 5 and 3 have been quite easy)
    Accessories
    Front squat 65lbs, calf raises 85lbs, side bends 25lbs and ax swing thingers 25lbs. 10 reps each 5 times through.

I also ran this afternoon (sweet sweet escape from work and people)
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5 Workout B (Day 4)

Squats -- Due to shoulder issues, I'm having to replace these with incline leg presses for now.
    Various warm-up sets
    5x5 @ 330 lbs

Overhead Press
    5x5 @ 20 lbs
    - 20 lbs was a little too easy, so I'll bump up to 10 lbs. (instead of usual 5) to 30 lbs. next time.

Deadlifts
    5x5 @ 75 lbs

Already counting down the hours to Wednesday!
    :) Courtney
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So, yesterday was

Squat 5x5 @ 150

Row 5x5 @ 115

Bench 5x5 @ 110

I'd been on a bit of a diet break over the week/weekend, so while it was still tough, it felt better.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    So, yesterday was

Squat 5x5 @ 150

Row 5x5 @ 115

Bench 5x5 @ 110

I'd been on a bit of a diet break over the week/weekend, so while it was still tough, it felt better.

Wow! Nice job! I'm almost there.

Last night:

Squat - 5x5 135lbs
    Bench - 5x5 100lbs (second time doing 100 but it's been heavy, going to try 105 next time)
    Row - 5x5 95lbs
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was going to get back to C25K today, but I felt like a truck ran me over today. Did I say ugh yet?
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So jealous of all you benching in the triple digits. I'm barely squatting triple. :ohwell:

Little one had a runny nose yesterday and I woke with sore throat. Ugh
    A day
    Squat 115 but only 3x5s today. Didn't have it in me to do more
    Bench 70 3x5 felt good will do again at 5x5s though
    Row 80 same as bench

SC
    High box squat 95 3x6 should've done more weight but was awkward since my bench wasn't at the right height.
    One legged hyperextension. Another awkward one as I don't have anything to hold my one leg so I have to wrap it around the bottom of the bench :huh: just weird.
    Hip rotation. Need different bands for that.
    Elevated feet and shoulders one legged hip thrust. These felt fine just need to contract glutes more.
    Overall a crappy day. :frown:
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Bench press day!

Warm up + 75x5, 85x3, 95x6 - Got to break out the big girl plates for this!

Bench dips - 3x10
    Upright rows - 8, 9, 10, 9, 8 @ 60, 60.5, 61, 61.5, 62
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Press day for me
    warm up then 45 lbs x5, 50 lbs x5 and 55lbs x7

Accessories where
    barbell row 55lbs, assisted dips, incline push ups. 10 reps each in a circuit 5 times through.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    So jealous of all you benching in the triple digits. I'm barely squatting triple. :ohwell:

I'm just starting too, so also a little envious of all these big number being thrown around -- but don't worry -- we'll get there! :)
  • katro111
    Options

I'm just starting too, so also a little envious of all these big number being thrown around -- but don't worry -- we'll get there! :)
    We'll get there! I've been doing 5x5 and/or Wendler's since February and just now hit 95lbs for bench press. Upper body lifts are just not where it's at for me. Now squats, there's something I can excel at! :wink:
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wow you ladies are killing it!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Workout A today for me. God I love bench press
    Goblet squats - 5x10 @ 30lbs dumbbell
    Bench - 5x7 @ 70lbs!! and i couldnt even lift that weight up more than 3 times a couple weeks ago!!!!!! I'm quite happy with this.
    Rows - 5x5 @ 60lbs.

Happy dance!
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Checking in...
    Workout A (day 7)

Squats - warm up + 5x5 @ 70lbs. Still working on form, but I feel its getting better
    Bench - 1x5 @ 45, 5x5 @ 55lbs. This was tough, I was afraid to "fail" on my last rep of last set so I did only 4 reps. It was a lot harder than last week.
    Rows - I decreased weight to 60 today, should have been 75, but form was off, so I took it back to get proper form and completed 5x5.

I also lost 1 lb this week (totally happy, this is the only loss in over a month) and I have gotten smaller somewhere because two pairs of my pants are too big!
  • katro111
    Options
    Just got in my weekly HIIT (that coincidentally I skipped last week lol).

37 minutes of HIIT sprints - 30sec on/60 sec off
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    DL night for me last night - man I love deadlifts!

Squat 5x5 @132lbs
    OHP 5x5 @60lbs - man I don't enjoy these at all :cry:
    DL 1x5 @132lbs

Then some raised back leg weighted lunges, some lat pulldowns and a huge cup of hot tea as it was FREEZING in our garage last night!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies...two workouts to post today

Monday was A...

Squats warmup + 3x5 @ 145 (hubby still working out) and high bar squats still
    Bench Warmup + 3x5@110
    Rows same as above

Tonight was B

Squats warmup + 3x5@ 150 high bar still...wowsers but still BW
    OHP warmup + 3x5 @ 80 tried on last set to use SL method and yup no issue
    DL warmup +1x5@180...ouch on the hands...

One more left not sure if it will get done on Friday or over the weekend as DH is working Fri and Sat night...then a week off and on to Wendlers..Yah.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    stayed off my knees for three days - well, i did go to the gym and try on saturday but it was clearly not going to happen. started again yesterday with re-introducing riding, to see how they did. i finally found the location of the mythical vapourware job, and it took me at least 90 minutes each way because i made absolutely-no-hurting-the-knees the rule the whole way.

didn't quiiiiite keep the rule, hard to do over that much distance when there are gradients involved too. but i did get all the way there and then back without making anything even worse than it already is, so there's that. and some hope i'm on my way to better if i could deal with 22 miles in one day without re-disabling myself. it also gave me a pretty realistic worst-case time frame, because that was a pretty worse case. rode my shorter commute today, 7.5 miles with the Real Ugly Hill.

i know could go to the gym and try to deadlift/otherlift around the knee thing, but i've just got this really strong instinct-voice saying not to do anything until it's better. right now i just can't keep myself from making form experiments and this is probably the worst time ever to be playing with that.

plus, during the course of today's ride i was barrelling down a slope into an underground parking lot, and i hit a speedbump-edge or a drainage gutter or something that was so steep it jolted my chain right off the cassette and damned near put me over the handlebars. i stayed on okay, but by the time all the dust had cleared and i had the chain back on, i realized the impact really did a number on the joints in my left wrist and the base of that thumb. so, no barbells. i need to just chill out already.

still admiring everyone else though. especially happy for @symba getting some positive reinforcement from her clothes/scale.