Introduce yourself - again

Options

Replies

• bjwww7
    bjwww7 Posts: 4
    Options
    BJ here - new to MFP but glad to be here. Have 200+ to shred - one good things I do not look at it as impossible anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BJ here - new to MFP but glad to be here. Have 200+ to shred - one good things I do not look at it as impossible anymore. :flowerforyou:

positive attitude is key!:bigsmile:
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ugh, well here I am AGAIN! Same story, different adventure. I've been feeling myself working on my "mojo' and trying to get it back but you know you cannot force these things. You absolutely HAVE to be ready for change!! And here I am! The last fall was a doozy, it broke more than my spirit but I am back. Having a wreck, your son moving clear across the country and being unemployed can wreak havoc on the strongest of souls but I am bouncing back and hopefully bouncing back to a better me. NO time frame and less mental abuse. I think I try TOO hard and set myself up for failure. Lesson learned......

Anyway, I hope some of you can relate to where I am and where I am coming from. :) Good to be here.......
  • LadyNiteOwl
    LadyNiteOwl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Jeannette and I'm 61 years old. My wake up call was 2 weeks ago when my Dr. told me I am diabetic.
    I cut out sugar and sugary treats and lost 12# in two weeks. I have been a yo-yo dieter for most of my adult life.
  • joannlohr9
    joannlohr9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is JoAnn and I'm 25. I'm new to MFP have about 280+ to lose, hoping to find motivation here, about 3 yrs ago I started a desk job and night shift and have been struggling with weight even more since then.
  • SlimCuki
    SlimCuki Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hola people!

My name is Ellie, I'm 33, and this is my second time around. I'm certainly looking for new friends, & I love to read success stories!

Well, I read some people's post and like some I'm here again. The first time I joined I was 2 lbs away from the 300 club, I had lost about 40 lbs and then it all went down the drain. It's been a little over a year since that happened, this time around I started at 313 lbs. I used to keep myself motivated and things were a little different. I then changed jobs, my wedding was cancelled and my biggest stressor (my oldest sister) moved in my house all at the same time. Today that is all different, I absolutely love my job and I do it very well, wedding never happened but I live a happy life, and my sister (plus kid) are moved out. The last few weeks I have changed my eating habits (again) there's no more junk food or processed foods in my house (not having people here really helps), I'm researching new things, learning what a person who's never been skinny would need to do to lose weight and do what's possible to not have the saggy excess skin. I have a group of friends who do workout and when I'm ready to step it up I will join their group, the team that I work with, about half of them are health nuts even one of the directors, she's a body builder.

I just obtained PiYo and tomorrow is my first day. I did watch the first video to get an idea, did my weigh in, got my calendar, the only thing I won't be doing is the shakeology thing. Once my joints feel better, I feel better, and my body overall feels better then I'll step it up to something else.

I'm certainly looking for new friends, so please add me if you'd like!

Have a great week!
  • wannaclimbmountains
    Options
    Hello. I'm relatively new to MFP. I've been using it sporadically since the end of 2013. I think I weighed 368 at the doctor's office before last Thanksgiving. I started exercising with a trainer 3 times a week in July. I'm 328 now. I guess I didn't add my profile weight till I was 358 cause MFP says 30 pounds lost. That's cool! I have never blogged or posted on anything. I hope it helps me stay on track. Glad to be part of the group.

I just saw my post and it says I've been a member since Jan 2012. I have no recollection of that but I must have weighed 358 then! Whatever.
  • Purplespot1
    Purplespot1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Purplespot1. I've been a member for awhile, but not faithfully. Sept. 6, Saturday, I had to face some hard truths about myself. 316 lbs. at 5.2" - 56 years old. I can hardly walk and constantly in pain. It is time to take action. Finally, I'm going to take care of myself. Yes, I am the designated "matriarch" of our family. I didn't ask for the title, but I ended up with it. I've been eating my way through it for 8 years and never seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I've decided that I am going to have to visualize, take action, and create the light to better health to save myself.

I will appreciate any friend support. Thanks!!!:glasses:
  • aburley
    aburley Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Alicia, 31 y/o, married, with a 2 y/o :) I lost 60lbs using MFP previously. I am back now, weighing about 305. I came in about 316. I am trying to do the Couch 2 10k program for exercise right now. I just finished week 2. Thus will be my 3rd week of returning to MFP. Feel free to add me! My diary is viewable by friends, and I try to log daily ;) Keep up the great work all!!! We still have about 3.5 months left in the year! (plenty of time for progress)
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm 59 and for the first time in my life i am willing to do what it takes ...this is day 13 for me and I feel so much better. I started at 368 pounds and will weigh my self tomorrow. I can't wait till I lose enough weight to be able to walk more than a few minutes at a time. My first goal is to keep logging my food every day for a month. I will be so proud of myself when Sept 30 arrives. If you have room for another friend...please add me....thank you
  • laumis1
    laumis1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm Lauren, been part of the 300 club for a lot longer than I have been a member on MFP. I have had a lot of wake up calls on this matter this past year and I've decided that since all the calls have not been made to me directly, I'm going to do something about it before I am told by fate or a doctor. I say that but I did have a moment last night. As I have been trying for a week now to do better and get started, I tried to utilize my wii fit last night and it informed me I was too heavy to play. That was devastating. I decided I didn't want to watch my family play and opted to take the dogs for a walk so I wouldn't depress myself. I weighed in for the first time in a week and my weight hasn't changed at all but my waistline says I've lost an inch in my hips and 1/2 in in my waist. So I think I'm doing something right. I hope!
  • sosure77
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Syed, I have just joined the MFP community. I currently weigh 336.65 lbs and have lost a few pounds since i started. I have always had a problem with my weight and have been a slave to all kinds of diets: crash diets, juice diets, atkins etc; you name it i probably would have tried it. My biggest letdown is my motivation, i left all those diets as I got demotivated with the same routine and given that I am emotional eater, it just doesn't help.

I have had multiple warnings from doctors but my worst moment and my ultimate wake up call came when i was just too unfit to play around with my kids. It was the lowest i ever felt and i decided that its enough and I need to get fit and I need to make a better effort.

A friend of mine introduced me to the MFP app and he exercises with me daily. I can see the change and i can i am so glad that i am slowly moving towards my goal.

Its a long road ahead but i am much more confident this time.

Its good to meet you all and i hope we can keep each other motivated to reach our goals
  • neybor
    neybor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Bill and I started MFP 90 days ago. I have lost a total of 32 lbs. I bought a Garmin Vivofit which motivated me to move around more then I started using MFP. I started out just trying to meet my steps goal. Once I got started and started seeing results I am kinda obsessed with walking now. Who knew?! My starting weight was 335 lbs.
  • mommyonamission418
    Options
    Hi I am Katie. Im from chicago and MOM to a goergous 11 month old daughter. Before i got pregnant i lost 50 lbs. Unfortunately pregnancy and laziness after birth caused me to gain it all back. So far I am back down 22 lbs and working to get back to where i was. The fight is definitely not as easy as it was before having a baby as now i am juggling raising her working full time and trying to manage my eating and exercise. Im looking to connect with anyone who is looking for support and is walking thru this constant struggle. I want to be a healthier person for myself but more importantly my little girl so she has a good example. If your interested in becoming a part of my journey send me a message or request me. Good luck
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristen, 37 years old, from NJ.

I changed my lifestyle 5 months ago, when I weighed in at 330 lbs (the heaviest I've ever weighed). I've been overweight since I was a young teenager, I can't remember the last time my weight began with a 1. I've lost weight before, getting close to 200 lbs about six years ago, but then reverted back to old habits. Things are different this time though, as it's finally clicked that I will die young if I don't do something about my weight. Plus, the weight holds me back from enjoying my life.

Right now I weigh 258, my goal is to get to 180, and then I'll reassess. I'm going to make it this time, I'm done killing myself with food.
  • tuzaque
    tuzaque Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi am Hauwa , I'm from Nigeria, Am 40 ,joined MFP awhile ago but became serious 3weeks ago. Weighed 326 lbs , was having a lot of back aches, swollen legs and then I got this shape pain in my chest twice, I told myself it was time to do something about me, and here I am.
  • aquaticbliss
    aquaticbliss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just got serious about losing over 100lbs 2 days ago when I stepped on the scale and found out why my body is hurting so much again. I had lost over 70 but have gained almost all back! At 58 years old...it is especially frustrating!
  • healthyMSk
    healthyMSk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi used MFP a lot a few years ago & it really helped. I have spent the last year dealing with health issues that I still am trying to figure out but one of the main problems was nausea which has caused me to change my eating habits & my weight is creeping back up.
    I really want to connect with other people too & recalled this site was always great for meeting people with similar goals. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!
  • coragrimes
    Options
    Hi my name is Cora I weigh 305 I have lost the same 90 pounds about 5 times! Well this needs to be the last time!! I have been on MFP for a few years off and on this is the first time I am taking it super seriously and have joined the gym and am going 4 times a week! So far I have lost 6 pounds and am very excited! I need to lose about 130 pounds but am trying to take it one day at a time!
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined this group. I read through some posts and liked all the positive support you give each other. I started at 382 about a year and a half ago. Down to 301. I can't wait to get into the 2's. I'm so close now, but the last few pounds have seemed like they have been painfully slow.