Chalene PiYO

Options

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Hey, Susan!
    I'm in week 5ish, but I am 4 days off since we took a vacation mid-week 3.

I did not get the pack with the slides, only the normal.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

looks like I may actually be a thread killer. Many of these have mine as the last post! LOL

So today is my last workout for week 7, i'll be doing "Sculpt."

I have all of week 8 and 4 days into a 9th week since my schedule is a little skewed.

I may order the deluxe set of this workout but not until the end of October since I'll be doing another challenge through then.

There are a lot of negative comments on the program in the forums, but I liked almost every workout other than Drench. Drench is the longest and honestly, if I had time to do the full workout during my lunch, maybe I would be better at it.

This program is a bit difficult to do on a carpeted surface I've noticed, so you may want to get one of those mats from a sporting store or steal your baby's foam mat just to help you have that flat area.

I did take a photo and measurements when I started and plan to update you all once I've completed.

How is everyone else on this program doing??

T
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not really following the program yet. I'm doing chalean lean phase (just the lean circuits), running 4x/week, walking a couple of times /week, and piyo 2-3 x/week. I tried putting together a hybrid with ChaLean and Piyo, but was too sore the first week of lean phase and had to keep moving things around. I've been alternating sweat or drench with the other workouts when I do a piyo workout. I love the descriptions of the workouts posted above. Although I may permanently scared off of sculpt.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I'm not really following the program yet. I'm doing chalean lean phase (just the lean circuits), running 4x/week, walking a couple of times /week, and piyo 2-3 x/week. I tried putting together a hybrid with ChaLean and Piyo, but was too sore the first week of lean phase and had to keep moving things around. I've been alternating sweat or drench with the other workouts when I do a piyo workout.

Lean is definitely difficult. Are you starving??!
    I love the descriptions of the workouts posted above. Although I may permanently scared off of sculpt.

I'm glad I could help with the descriptions. I think they may increase in difficulty as you get better. it looks like you only do Sculpt 4 times during the 8 weeks, all after the 4th week.

Additionally, like any video, the more you do it, the more you get the next moves memorized and when you don't really have to see the screen you get a much better workout.
  • AZ0310
    Options
    I'm definitely starving and finally decided I have to up my calories. My arms feel like jello right now.

I like it when I understand what's coming up in the videos as I get really confused when I can't see the screen. The more I repeat, the easier it's getting to follow along.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Drench - still my weakest workout :(

continuing to work on it though.
  • AZ0310
    Options

You've scared me off sculpt, but I may try it this week.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

What doesn't kill ya.. makes your hammies look fantastic!
  • AZ0310
    Options

What doesn't kill ya.. makes your hammies look fantastic!

I just need to pick a day where it won't affect my running (with legs turning to mush)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Review: PiYO - Hardcore on the Floor

Listed as 30 minutes, clock is just over 33.

Different warm up for this workout. Some standing bends and then to the floor for some cat/cow.

I'm not sure if it was because I didn't eat much this morning so I didn't have much stamina but I found this workout fairly hard. My HRM however said otherwise. I was expecting to burn maybe 250-300 calories, but it was less. Probably next time will be better because I will know the movements.

Expect to do:
    Beast poses to kick thrus
    Beast to Russian Twists
    Plank to Split Leg to Knee Forward and Up
    Elbow Plank Hip Dips
    That Side Planky Crunch and Kick move
    Modified Superman Arm Reaches (near end of workout)
    A really cool new move (for me at least) called "Sea Turtle" (I loved this move!!)

Intensity Level: 4.5/5
  • AZ0310
    Options
    I would not recommend doing sculpt after lean circuit 3 and followed by a run. Just saying....
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have to think all the folks who are complaining that it "isn't enough" either aren't really trying, or have only done Align, Upper, and Lower. Because all the other workouts kick my butt! After the first time I did Core and Buns on consecutive days, I could just barely walk :blushing: And they all get my heart rate up pretty well too!

I guess if you subscribe to the idea that cardio is how you lose weight, maybe Piyo would be disappointing. But considering the name is a combo if Pilates & Yoga, I'm not sure what else they could have expected?

Anyway, I'm only a few weeks in, but I definitely see this program as one I will come back to every once in a while when I need a break from the weights. And Chalene looks AMAZING!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I would not recommend doing sculpt after lean circuit 3 and followed by a run. Just saying....

This made me laugh! Awesome....
  • SusanJenai
    SusanJenai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I :heart: (love) Piyo Buns. Piyo Sweat...just damn!! And that's all I have to say about that one lol.Tonight I have Piyo Sweat Intervals, (I think that's what it's called) sounds hard but my friend says it's pretty fun!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I :heart: (love) Piyo Buns. Piyo Sweat...just damn!! And that's all I have to say about that one lol.Tonight I have Piyo Sweat Intervals, (I think that's what it's called) sounds hard but my friend says it's pretty fun!

Strength Intervals?

I really do like the program but am still not digging the music.
  • SusanJenai
    Options

Strength Intervals?

I really do like the program but am still not digging the music.

Oh..Yes. That's right. That one was my favorite so far. I hate the music too! I play my own music to drown out the sound.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Today was supposed to be my last day, Drench. Instead I did the TF video.

Drench tomorrow. Then photos!
  • SusanJenai
    Options
    Today was supposed to be my last day, Drench. Instead I did the TF video.

Drench tomorrow. Then photos!

Awesome! Great job on finishing another program :smile: :happy:
  • SusanJenai
    Options

Different warm up for this workout. Some standing bends and then to the floor for some cat/cow.

I'm not sure if it was because I didn't eat much this morning so I didn't have much stamina but I found this workout fairly hard. My HRM however said otherwise. I was expecting to burn maybe 250-300 calories, but it was less. Probably next time will be better because I will know the movements.

Expect to do:
    Beast to Russian Twists
    Elbow Plank Hip
    A really cool new move (for me at least) called "Sea Turtle" (I loved this move!!)

Was this workout Harder then the regular Piyo Core? I think I'm going to try this one this weekend cause core wasn't challenging enough for me. Oh...and thanks for giving reviews on all the workouts, I'm finding them informative and helpful. :wink:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

Expect to do:
    Beast to Russian Twists
    Elbow Plank Hip

Was this workout Harder then the regular Piyo Core? I think I'm going to try this one this weekend cause core wasn't challenging enough for me. Oh...and thanks for giving reviews on all the workouts, I'm finding them informative and helpful. :wink:

I'm glad they are helpful. I do try to put in a little humor!

HardCore on the Floor is HARD. I only did this workout once since I had to modify the schedule a little. I'm not sure if the transitions aren't that great or what it was but I felt very uncoordinated. If you are looking to be challenged, this will do it.