JMBR - workouts

Options

Replies

• WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Last night was Day 2 - Cardio 2
    This morning was Day 3 - Cardio 1

Gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of the Cardio, I might just suffer through that once a week, then Run or Bike for my other day of Cardio. I really like it when I can get my workout done in the morning. I feel like my whole day goes better.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Started workouts 9 & 10, plus cardio 3 this week. They are tough, but I'm managing! Also thinking about what to do after I am done. The end is getting closer and closer. So proud that I haven't missed one workout yet. Keep going to those just starting out!! You can do it!!

Way to GO!!! Good for you!! Are you noticing results?
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! And yes, I am noticing results! I've lost 13 lbs, 1 inch loss in (each) waist, thighs, and biceps and 1.75 inches in the hips. So it is working :happy: Hopefully, I will be adding to those numbers lost.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Thank you!! And yes, I am noticing results! I've lost 13 lbs, 1 inch loss in (each) waist, thighs, and biceps and 1.75 inches in the hips. So it is working :happy: Hopefully, I will be adding to those numbers lost.

That is awesome results!!! Are you following the diet?
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Today was day 4, back to Workout 1, not a bad workout, it feels easier the second time around. Even incorporated some of the "advanced" moves :wink:

I know this is just the beginning and we are building a foundation, but I'm really committed this time!
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    Today was day 4, back to Workout 1, not a bad workout, it feels easier the second time around. Even incorporated some of the "advanced" moves :wink:

I know this is just the beginning and we are building a foundation, but I'm really committed this time!

Great job!! You got this! One day at a time :wink:

And to answer your other question about following her diet...I am not, but staying around 1200, higher protein, lower carbs. I used an average of what the plan allows.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    This morning was Cardio 2, in the AM before work, on a MONDAY no less. Yay for me! Here's to a great day and start to the week.
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    Good job! I am starting my last week of WO's 9 & 10, and getting nervous about 11 & 12 next week. No weight loss the past two weeks, I am really hoping that starts happening again. I am burning over 300 calories per workout on 9, 10 and cardio 3, so it should??
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    This morning I jumped to WO 3, I was sick of 1 & 2, so decided to bump it up. Calorie burn was 250. NICE!

I really need to get my diet under control, as I haven't really been losing any weight yet.
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    Great job on the workout, WordWhimsy! I am not doing so great on my diet either this week :cry: Candy keeps calling my name. Gonna try harder tomorrow.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    We went to see a comedian last night, so we were out late and I didn't get my morning workout in :frown: but I knew that would happen, it was a fun night with a few drinks.

I will get the workout in after work!
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    you probably laughed a workout :laugh: lol
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    you probably laughed a workout :laugh: lol

I wish I could count that as my workout!
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    I've been doing the workouts like the plan says (first workout, second workout, cardio, repeat, then rest day)...but I had Monday off from work and got all screwed up on my days and did workout 9 on Monday, cardio yesterday and workout 10 today. Oh well. I did them. Burned 314 Monday, 326 yesterday and 310 today. One more of each 9 & 10 and then I am on to 11 & 12.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    I ended up doing WO#4 yesterday after work, but then I was tired this morning and didn't get up to do my cardio :mad: just a little upset with myself. I had wanted to do a Couch to 5K workout on the treadmill, before work, then I wouldn't have to shower twice in one day. Oh well, I will get a Cardio workout in tonight.

For these workouts 3 & 4 I'm burning about 250 cals per workout. I think that is a great burn for 30 minutes. I am liking the combined moves too. I think this is a really good program and even if I'm not really losing weight, I'm feeling stronger.
  • JLoescher01
    Options
    I agree about feeling stronger. I was so out of shape when I started. Ugh! My lower back hurt so bad, I thought I needed traction LOL But.....ta da! I am officially done with workouts 9&10!
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym so that I could start going to the classes once my schedule changed, but I'm finding that I'm opting to do 2 JMBR at home instead...or go for a run on alternate days...weather here is still mostly nice so I can still get outdoors. I'm worried that I won't get as good a WO at the gym that I do with JMBR (although some of the trainers/instructors ARE really good)!

I think I'm still attached to Jillian, Mimi, Kenta, and David....I forget the other cast members' names...LOL :)
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    I did the workout on Friday, but sort of took Saturday and Sunday off, for really no reason, I had time, I just was feeling pretty lazy on the exercise plan.

I didn't get up this morning, but I felt I needed the extra sleep.

My CRUISE IS 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!! AHHH!!! I am in in way swimsuit ready. Oh well, One piece and a coverup. I will still have fun, just try to stay active and not go crazy on food and drinks.
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    Does anyone have a favorite JMBR WO? A least favorite?
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a favorite JMBR WO? A least favorite?
    I pretty much like all of phase 2 and 3 with the exception of WO 11 - I hated that one. I've been trying other circuit training DVD's and while I'm getting a decent workout none seem as challenging or upbeat as JMBR. I think I'm going to be repeating 5-10 again (anything to avoid WO11 though :laugh: )