Options

Replies

• CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    to eat a lot an gain about 5 pounds.

Already ran:

Trolley Run in KCMO, 4 miles @ 7:15 minute mile
    Papillion Half in Papillion, NE @ 8:57 minute mile - very TOUGH course the last 5.5 miles were uphill

Goals:

Plaza 10K in KCMO, hope to run 7:45 minute mile
    Looking for an EASY half to run in Sept. or Oct., hope to run under 8:15 minute mile - someone let me know of some easy runs
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but here are the running goals I have set for 2014:'
    1. Run 2014 miles (or more)
    2. Run a sub 4 hour marathon
    3. Beat current 1/2 marathon time of 1:55.
    4. Run injury free.
  • vgnrnr
    vgnrnr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First 100 mile trail race (done)
    Sub-20 5k (done on a training run, but not official... Yet!)
    Sub-9 hour 50m
    Drop 5-6 hours from my 100m time
  • Kelven23
    Kelven23 Posts: 51
    Options
    stay healthy, try to get back to where I was pre-injury
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Last week, completed one of my goals of finishing a half marathon.

Really hit the wall the last couple of miles so right now my next goal is to train for another half in October (12 weeks away) and improve on my overall time and have something left in the tank for an good finishing push at the end of the race.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Running goals for for 2014:

2,000 miles for the year (1,100 ytd)
    Run three ultras...
    Did the Glacier Ridge Ultramathon 50k (Portersville, PA) in April
    Have the Youngstown Ultra Trail Classic 50k (Youngstown, OH) coming up in September
    Have the Glacial Trail 50 Mile (Greenbush, WI) in October
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    After I've had such a crappy year... I'd like to finish my races that I've signed up for.

So far this year, I have completed three half marathons, I have sprained an ankle, had a flair up of ITBFS, Shin splints and may have a stress fracture in my fibula. This after running 1200 miles , a full and 8 half marathons last year incident free.

30Km at the Winnipeg 10 and 10
    Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service Half Marathon.

And then I think I will take an offseason and cross train. Allow my legs to fully recover.
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Finish Half Marathon in December 2014 under 2 hours. :smile:
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My goals are modest:

Do a sub 40 minute 5K.

I'm almost middle aged, still obese and run slower than a sloth on valium so any increase in speed is huge for me (best time currently is 41:23). I plan to slowly increase my mileage and introduce speed work/intervals - cautiously, because the last thing I want is an injury.

Looks like I won't make my goal this year. Did a 10K in August and ever since my right foot has been sore. Got close, though - 40:17. Would like to change my goal to completing 50 parkruns. Am almost there, have done 42 so far (the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything).

• quakerboy
    quakerboy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1/2 Marathon last weekend (2:03) with the goal to be ready to do my first marathon on my birthday (5/30/15).
  • quakerboy
    quakerboy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Luck
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    OK, late to the party...

But right now I am just hoping to PR in the 5k I have on November 1. Current PR is 27:12 from May of this year where I somehow ended up winning first place in my age group (because apparently the other 30-34 year olds in my town all had a bad day, lol).

I have a list of other goals, but will save them for 2015 since I had to recover from a knee injury this summer (non-running injury which kept me from running all of July and part of August). :flowerforyou:
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Guess I forgot to post in here oops 2014 Goal...

Run at least 1 race every month, so far so good, I have the Green Stride 1/2 marathon coming up for my October race and I have already signed up for a 5k in November and December
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Mine were to get a half marathon PR... I beat my previous time of 2:02:33 by a solid five minutes in September. 1:57:42. All downhill course so that didn't hurt!

I also want to do a sub 25 minute 5k - hopefully at the one I'm running Nov 22.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Incase people don't know, this is actually rduhlir...I took a break from MFP, regrouped, and came back with a new account..... Lots to update on.....

**Update**
    1. Complete 5 HM....I will be completing 4 half marathons this year, my final one being next weekend.
    2. Get base miles up to 30 MPW...steady....Pretty much done, currently in reverse taper right now though, lol
    3. Sub 02:15 HM time (current PR is 02:26:59).....Won't be happening this year, as focus shifted to completing my first full, rather than a PR for a Half.
    4. Sub 30 minute 5K (current PR is 31:51).............Done
    5. 1000 miles run/walked this year...Done
    6. Finish my first full....Done! St. Jude Memphis Marathon Dec 6, 2014! Time: 5:29:41, $1,099 raised in fundraising.

Sorry that I kind of just dropped without a word. Had a lot going on and just needed to reorganize.
  • toni5671
    toni5671 Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    First goal of 2015 is to get down to racing weight so that I have a legitimate chance at my second goal which is a half marathon PR followed by my third goal which is my first ultra-marathon. Getting bored with road marathons so it's time to mix things up!
  • HappyFairy
    HappyFairy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For 2015 I would like to run sub 30mins 5k, sub 60mins 10k and I will be running my first half marathon in October and want it sun 2hrs 20mins xx
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi, I am new here! I started running about a month ago and did about 53 miles in March doing c25k. I am preparing to 10 in June (and planning to run 5k in May with my colleagues). Maybe I'll do a HM in September, we'll see. Anyway, I want to try to do 500 mi in 2015! Also, my plans are to do two 5k's, two 10k's, one 8mi, and maybe a half this season!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Hi, I am new here! I started running about a month ago and did about 53 miles in March doing c25k. I am preparing to 10 in June (and planning to run 5k in May with my colleagues). Maybe I'll do a HM in September, we'll see. Anyway, I want to try to do 500 mi in 2015! Also, my plans are to do two 5k's, two 10k's, one 8mi, and maybe a half this season!
    March 2015 - 53 miles
    April 2015 - 62 miles

Total for 2015 - 115 miles
  • KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Also new here. My goals include 750 miles and 6 HM's in 2015. 2 down.