Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted here before I don't think.
    But I did swim today 3kms/ 60 laps freestyle in around 78 minutes today.

welcome aboard.
    i can only dream of the luxury of a a 50m pool or3k in so fast a time.
    well done.
    I think she has gone by the convention of 2 lengths of the pool equals 1 lap!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,440 Member
    Options
    Today i first did Stronglifts 5x5 in the gym, and then went for a 1000m breast stroke swim afterwards. Speed was 24: 22 today, and I think my technique is slowly improving. There are some strokes where I manage to get the dolphin movement right, arm movement and kick, and then I really do swim fast. But unfortunately there aren't many of those yet.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

hmm.i always assumed a lap was around pool circumfrence ie 2 lengths+ 2 widths top and bottom.only ever seen a rare few do that tho.

i did my normal regulation 156. lengths x 12.8 m for 2k today.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options

hmm.i always assumed a lap was around pool circumfrence ie 2 lengths+ 2 widths top and bottom.only ever seen a rare few do that tho.

i did my normal regulation 156. lengths x 12.8 m for 2k today.
    [/quote]
    Yep - in a 25m pool, 2 lengths equals one lap.
    So in your pool I guess 4 lengths equals one lap or something along those lines!
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The good news is, I've found out that my ear is fine, no infection or anything, so I can return to the water (hooray!). The bad news: my ear pain is caused by a damaged root in one of my teeth. So I'm having a root canal this week. Doh! Well, at least I can get back in the water soon. It's been almost three weeks!
  • fit4lifemom
    fit4lifemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    2100 m in 40 mins. It was a treat since the pool was setup for 50 m this AM.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Back in England last night and back in the pool for a proper swim this morning (versus lazy holiday pool swimming!). 2km mix of back, breast and crawl. Felt good to do proper exercise.
  • cw106
    Options
    Back in England last night and back in the pool for a proper swim this morning (versus lazy holiday pool swimming!). 2km mix of back, breast and crawl. Felt good to do proper exercise.

welcome back.

2k for me also in an empty pool.treat.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,440 Member
    Options
    Swam today again, after Stronglifts 5x5. 1000m breast stroke in 23:41 :) New record for me, exactly 19 seconds faster :p
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Great job, everybody!!!!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Swam for 55 minutes!!!!
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    yes like a fish! Im getting used to fins going to add in arm things too or a pulboy
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 74 min.

Back off vacation
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great job again, folks!!!! I'm looking forward to getting back in the pool tomorrow morning, my bag is already packed & sitting on the couch.......
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Great job again, folks!!!! I'm looking forward to getting back in the pool tomorrow morning, my bag is already packed & sitting on the couch.......

Same here - after almost a week away, again,due to an eye stye!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Back in pool this morning - just a 30 min swim (normally 45 mins) as had to be in work a little early. Felt good to be back.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Glad to be back I'm the pool again!
    My usual 2.4 km!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 79 min.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great work yet again, AQ, Panda & Bruce!!!!!!!!!

Back in the pool today for the first time in a week & a half, didn't feel nearly as rusty as I thought I was going to. 6500 yards freestyle in 114 minutes. Tomorrow will be the bigger test when I work on the other strokes.....
  • cw106
    Options
    1k freestyle for the first time since i did a sponsored swim as a cub scout!

brought on due to a strained quad muscle from squash lastPM, breast just not manageable.
    then the power went out !
    hopefully not a sign from above.
    great day all.