Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    AQ - I swim with a waterproofed iPod to pass the time, the monotony would make me nuts otherwise. It's funny, a few years ago my wife asked me a few times if I wanted one & I kept saying no because I figured it would distract me & make it more difficult to keep a lap count considering my mind wandered enough as it was but she got it for me for Christmas & once I started using it I realized listening to the music actually kept my mind occupied just enough to keep from wandering & it's been easier to keep my lap count.....

As for swimming today:

250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 IM, 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free
  • swimdeb1
    swimdeb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was tired this morning and not sure I wanted to get up. I was rewarded by a beautiful day, good friends, and a great coach. 2000 m
  • swimdeb1
    swimdeb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow! Quite a workout
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Back in the water this morning after a rest yesterday & did my normal 2km. What was best of all is that for the first 20 mins I had the entire pool to myself. Wonderful. Then just 2 people arrived and we had lanes to ourselves for the rest of the swim. Doesn't get more relaxing than that.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I swam twice yesterday. The first was an open water practice swim - about .95 miles. But it didn't feel like enough so on the way home from the river, I stopped by my rec center to swim more. Once I got there, I realized they were going to close in 30 minutes so I crammed 1200 yards in 22 minutes. I should show up pressed for time more often!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    yes, swam 2 miles today in 74 min.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Good job Deb, Panda & Bruce!
    MS_J1 going by that ticker I hope you've got your post ready for the Success Stories forum!
    :-)
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mile and a half tonight. Slow slow slow. A little wrecked from my workout this morning and really felt it.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    just set another pb for 100 lengths at gym.1280m total.
    back in for 2nd session shortly.....
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    CW106 100 lengths in a 25 metre pool 2500m
    How long is the pool.you swam.at?
    Either way good job on the personal best!

****rocketjohn (what a name) I know the feeling!
    After gym yesterday my swim today was hard work especially the first 500m or so!!!
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Morning everyone. Just back from my later than normal Saturday morning swim. 440m breast, 440m back, 720m free, then 200m back, 200m breast, 400m free. Finished with a couple of fly laps and finally managed to do 40m non-stop (2 lengths) - woo hoo! I am getting there.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great workout, Panda!!!!!

No swimming the past few days (uncooperative weather) & I won't be able to go in the water Mon-Thurs. this coming week. Hopefully I can at least do a little bit tomorrow.......
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Panda, Good job on the consecutive fly laps! Fly is a real killer!

I swam Friday but 2km instead of usual 2.4 as had to rush off for a meeting afterwards!

I believe it was also my second day since I began the tumble turns and hopefully the elimination of a lot the resting times will reduce overall swim time further!
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Another great swim this morning. Alternated 200m back, 200m crawl, 200m breast for an hour with a final distance of 2.5km. Feeling good.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Anther great workout, Panda!!!!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    yes, swam 2 miles today in 76 min.
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Just back from the pool on this horrible wet UK bank holiday - repeated yesterday's session and finished with 4 laps of fly (but with breaks in between).
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great workouts by both of you, Panda & Bruce!!!! Can't go in the water until Thursday afternoon at the earliest, probably won't get any more lap swimming in until Thursday, Sept. 4 BUT that's when I'm back in NY after the summer & should be able to start getting my long workouts in 4-5 days a week, along with some walking.......
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1.5 miles tonight. Plus some running/walking this morning. Feeling strong. Plan on doing 2 miles tomorrow. If all goes well.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My swim today was a 100 metre pull.

It is sad and pathetic but a sprained ankle means I cannot kick and I can even feel the strain just pulling.

It will be at least a month before I will be back in the pool. Even if my ankle gets better the pools are closed for maintenance till mid Sept and I will then be away for a wedding.