Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I swam today after a five day break. My coach took no prisoners. I did 2000 meters in about 50 minutes which is faster for me.
    I have incorporated walking into my daily exercise. I did 3.5 miles this morning before my swim.

I can't do anything the rest of today. :bigsmile:
  • AlicesGrandma
    AlicesGrandma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes, I swam today. In fact, I heard about MFP from another swimmer and this is my first day. I do water aerobics :flowerforyou: three times a week and swim on Sundays. I am pretty water-logged but very happy! I really look forward to getting support from others and giving support where possible.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Welcome Seattlesue. We have varying degrees of swimmers. Some are reallly good others like me do my best which is still slow. No pressure just helpful hints and encouragement.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good morning - only had 30 minutes in the pool today (had to get into work early) so spent 15 mins on butterfly and drills then 15 mins mix crawl, breast and back. That felt harder than a straightforward 45 min crawl session!
  • AlicesGrandma
    Options
    :smile: I went to aqua-jog this morning for 45 minutes. This was a different instructor and she worked it hard. I like her because she laughs almost constantly and it's contagious! If I can remain uninjured, I am going to try doing water aerobics four days a week and light swimming on Sundays. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • AlicesGrandma
    Options
    Hi Holly and Snip! Thanks for responding. Have a great day!
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Great to see lots of newbies here, and all the others that have been away pulling impressive distances - 2-6 km sessions!
    Great stuff!

Im down with bad flu so.no swim till next week!!!
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have some open water events coming up so I've been focusing only on distance freestyle lately. Did 5,000 yards yesterday and 6,000 today. I plan to ease up a bit tomorrow, but should still get some decent yardage in.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I swam open water today - felt a bit odd doing just the one 500m lap, like I'd just got going lol, but that was all my girl wanted to do, see what time we did when they post the results
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I swam open water today - felt a bit odd doing just the one 500m lap, like I'd just got going lol, but that was all my girl wanted to do, see what time we did when they post the results
    Update - she did it in 11:00, I was tagging behind at 11:09 - she'd have smashed that time if she wasn't bothered by seeing the submerged boats, statues and divers - back to natural lakes for her next open water pb, she prefers slightly green water to crystal clear!
    Hope the blue green algae in Windermere subsides soon :smile:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @ 77 min.
    Back on track YTD = 221 miles / goal (300) = 73%
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Best swim ever today - managed to swim 2 miles in 63 minutes. Only 3 minutes to shave off this to reach the target I set myself a year ago.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    I swam 3 days in a row, did some water running to mix it up, and also did some running/weights/elliptical/bike/zumba. I wish I was well to do enough to design a house where I could build an indoor pool, and mini gym, b/c I'd be swimming and doing the other activities as much as possible.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @ Panda - Great job, those 3 minutes will be gone in no time!!!!!

Swam today for the first time since twisting me knee up pretty good a week & a half ago. It's been improving steadily, so I gave it a try today. A little rusty, but shook most of that off. Freestyle was ok, even kicking, but flip turns are still out (for now) & I didn't try the other strokes yet. I'll try them later on today, just wanted to see what I was able to do while I had the chance to get laps in......
  • Macstraw
    Options
    @ Panda - Great job, those 3 minutes will be gone in no time!!!!!

Swam today for the first time since twisting my knee up pretty good a week & a half ago. It's been improving steadily, so I gave it a try today. A little rusty, but shook most of that off. Freestyle was ok, even kicking, but flip turns are still out (for now) & I didn't try the other strokes yet. I'll try them later on today, just wanted to see what I was able to do while I had the chance to get laps in......
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hey Macstraw. Sorry to hear about your knee. Knees are my downfall. Both had cartilage removed and orthpedist says knee replacement in my future. Trying to make it til I get medicare. I have a question for my open swim on Sunday the 10th. I don't know how much to warm up. I know what I do in the pool but don't seem to get my groove until about 1/4 the way into my mile. Anyone else can add their 10cents ( inflation) also.
  • AlicesGrandma
    Options
    Yep, I went to water aerobics this morning and worked out for an hour. It was a tough one because Leslie (instructor) was doing some different things. We always do intervals. Today we also did a lot of arm work. :drinker: <--NOT that kind!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Thanks, Holly - I was aggravated because that was the knee I hadn't injured before (dislocated the other one twice as a teenager & had a minor partial tear in the meniscus a few years ago - the orthopedist who replaced my hips said he'd have a relationship with my knee in the future). Seems to be good, I tested the other strokes briefly this afternoon & it seems to be OK so I'll try doing more on Wednesday & I'm gonna try to get back to walking tomorrow morning......

As for the warm-up for the OW swim, I don't have any real experience in them so I'll leave it for those who have done them to give you specifics. I will, however, be thinking of you on Sunday & wishing you the best of luck.......
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @ 82 min.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Recovered from flu!
    Good to be back in the pool!
    Back to the usual - 2.4 km mostly in I.M.
    About 80 to 85 min!