Great swim, AQ!!!!!
  • brownmara
    brownmara Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Swam 30 minutes today.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    yesterday i got to the pool late after travelling down country for a biz meeting.
    limited time so just pushed myself more.
    set new personal bests for 1km, 1 mile,and 2km in one session.
    i dont mention times as i am amongst the slowest here, but have reduced set distance times by over 20% in past month which is helping my weight loss/ fitness hugely.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    yesterday i got to the pool late after travelling down country for a biz meeting.
    i dont mention times as i am amongst the slowest here, but have reduced set distance times by over 20% in past month which is helping my weight loss/ fitness hugely.

Great job CW.
    It's the personal bests and the pushing the envelope in the pool that matters!
    And like you have noticed it is having the intended effect on the physique!
    Times will range and vary widely among us!

So keep on hitting those personal best times!

:-)
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options

CW, that's an AWESONE job!!!! No need to worry about ranking anywhere here timewise, this is not a competition between any of us - we are all equally excited to see the progress of each & every one of us. If you're not comfortable putting you out there by posting the #'s, then by all means don't - all I'm saying is that there's no judging here. You should be REALLY proud of what you've accomplished so far & you should be aware that you are going to accomplish so much more, that's the really cool part of all this.......
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Back to the gym today, should be there pretty consistently now Mondays to Fridays (except for the end of September, beginning of Octoberish when I have about a 3 1/2 week job that will have me out & about too long & too far away to make the gym - although this job entails a LOT of walking every day). Today's workout:

All freestyle - 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 in 114 minutes of actual swimming time.....
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 76 min

Thanks, Mac

You are doing right 3 miles in 114 min
  • cw106
    Options
    CW106 100 lengths in a 25 metre pool 2500m
    How long is the pool.you swam.at?
    Either way good job on the personal best!

****rocketjohn (what a name) I know the feeling!
    After gym yesterday my swim today was hard work especially the first 500m or so!!!

my gym pool is listed at 12.8 metres on speedofit.
    sorry i missed this earlier, and thanks to you and others for inputs and motivations.much appreciated.

am currently working on interspersing my breastroke with front crawl. just trying to get breathing technique/intervals sorted.

today i returned to the treadmill then a 2km continuous swim. as i was doing alternate breaststroke/ crawl. new pb for distance!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    45 minute sea swim Carbis Bay, Cornwall, UK. The water is starting to cool down a bit now.
  • cw106
    Options
    decided to set a baseline today for ongoing development.
    swam breastroke only, in a 12.8m pool.
    1km.(78l). 51 minutes.
    1 mile(125l). 82 minutes.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great job, yogi & CW!!!!

No swim today - lifeguard decided to not show or call anybody when she woke up nit feeling well, leaving the woman at the front desk of the gym to bear the brunt of 5 people looking to swim within 15 minutes of opening & no other lifeguards answering their phones. I felt bad for her, she has no control over the staffing & she was still trying her best to get somebody there, but a couple of the people were giving her grief. Complaints need to go to the pool manager & gym manager.....
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Sorry Macstraw - All pumped up for your swim then couldn't go!

Yesterday swam in pool that had been told was 25 m. However swimming in it seemed a whole lot longer than my usual pool and I began thinking maybe all along I've been swimming for shorter distances then I thought!

Well I was relieved today to find out that it is a 33m pool and not 25m. Certainly explains why the butterfly lengths didn't seem to end!

Lol!
  • cw106
    Options
    3k total.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Ni work, CW!!!!

33m of fly without a turn? I think my arms would fall off....lol
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 72 min

Good work all.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    yes
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    not yet must swim more :)
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Had a really good swim today, 200m x back / 200m x breast / 200m x crawl and repeat - total 3km. Followed by butterfly (1 length fly, 1 length english backstroke and repeat for 5). That was plenty for me.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    well done you my training pool isn't really long enough to practise fly :/ whats english backstroke? :o or what makes it english?