Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yup, 6500 yards freestyle in 114 minutes.......
    Fantastic Swim!!!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yup, 6500 yards freestyle in 114 minutes.......

not often i use this word in uk but

awesome!

scrambled 2 miles in today.
    had more tricep probs after squash saturday.at one stage crawling had pain in right ankle,knee and tricep And left buttock.bizarre.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 5 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes, starting to finally feel a little stronger doing the fly.......
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    1st time in ages that I had the time to do a proper 5km swim - managed it in 1 hour and 43 minutes. Got to do this more often as really want to get below 1 hour 40 mins.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    1st time in ages that I had the time to do a proper 5km swim - managed it in 1 hour and 43 minutes. Got to do this more often as really want to get below 1 hour 40 mins.
    In the words of CW, awesome!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Panda, you're doing great, & those last minutes will drop right off......
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    I did swim yesterday. My 1000 meter breast were a little bit slower than last time, but I had a little technique breakthrough (found out what the dolphin movement is good for), and for the first time ever I managed to crawl 100m :)
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 77 min.
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Leisurely swim today after yesterday's exertions. 2km of alternate back and breast stroke in 55 mins.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Finally back in the pool after about 10 days away due to flu etc.
    eased myself into it with about 2.4 km (an estimate as it was a weird sized pool and I was swimming diagonally across) but strictly freestyle with no IM.

I'm on a business trip and hadn't carried swimming trunks so bought some shorts where I am, and only realized halfway through my swim that my phone was with me IN THE WATER - in the pocket of the temporary swim shorts!

Bummer!!!

I will probably know in the next few days after it dries if a smartphone can survive 30 min in the water!!!!!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Sure did, 6500 yards freestyle in 114 minutes.......
  • cw106
    Options
    3k in 2 sessions due to pool restrictions.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 74 min
  • cw106
    Options
    a slow mile after a 5k fast walk/ jog.
    still logging the hard yards at both to quicker/fitter/stronger.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    Yay! Swam fast 1km with a new speed record: 24 minutes, 50 seconds faster than last time. Did some 50m speed tests on the four strokes and found out breast was just about faster than crawling, butterfly is ok-ish and back crawl has a crawling speed. Then i did some slower 500m breast, just to see if I can swim without being competitive.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great job Bruce, CW & yirara!!!!!

Repeated the 6500 free in 114 minutes today instead of alternating days with my other workout - I'll do that one tomorrow because the overall time is a little less & I want to be out of the water a little earlier.......
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    3.5 km (2.2 miles) in 90 min.
    Had hoped to do a 5 km but needed to be somewhere after that so had to finish early!

Yesterday's swim was at sea level due to work. Today's was at 1650 m above sea level which made for a far more breathless swim!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 5 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes, done begrudgingly by my body, which spent all morning tying to convince me to not swim today. First, my stomach was off. When that didn't stop me my hip stiffened up. When that didn't work my knee started acting up. When that didn't work my lower back started to hurt. I went anyway & pushed through, even though my form felt crappy & I felt slow. Ironically, the lifeguard (who is there most days & has seen me swim PLENTY of times) said it looked like I had a strong day. Go figure.......
  • cw106
    Options
    4k total for me today. a new distance best.
    interspersed with joining a hen party in the jacuzzi and steam room for a little light relaxation.
    never know. how a day will turn out using a hotel gym!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Fantastic, CW!!!!