ekg45x.jpg

2lb1jrk.jpg
    rhlaj4.jpg
    2zs9mpu.jpg
    2hgr8e1.jpg
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Just gotta stick a [ img ] in front and a [ /img ] in back, remove the spaces. :) Also, I changed them over to tinypic.com because they were huge. lol
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Massage you look awesome. Dem abs!

On imgur underneath all the links you can choose the size of the picture. If you decided to stick with them in the future. I like them for the privacy settings :)
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    You look great Massage, and everybody else too, good job!
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks Suremeansyes. I did do that, or i thought. haha Maybe ill figure it out by 6 mth progress.
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    Hi ladies :-) am interested in starting this program and am actually wondering where I can find it?
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Checkout this thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

or you can start with looking at http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

I found the MFP thread to be an easier read.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :-) am interested in starting this program and am actually wondering where I can find it?

Checkout this thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

or you can start with looking at http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

I found the MFP thread to be an easier read.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make an actual post with more progress pics someday when I'm closer to my goal... started SL on May 3rd... but I took a few pictures last night before bed and compared one of them with basically the exact same pic taken 2 months ago. Scale weight has gone down by 4.6lbs in the last 2 months. Have not been measuring inches and still 30-40lbs from my goal weight... but...

10nfcs0.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Oooh, considering it's not a huge loss on the scale, you look fantastic! Looks like far more than 5lbs.

ETA: This also gives me hope that some day I will see my belly button again...
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!!!!!! Awesome progress Willrun4bagel!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ketoandbarbell
    Options
    Your looking great willlift4bagels!
  • willrun4bagels
    Options
    Thanks ladies <3 Going to take the same picture in 2 more months and see where I'm at!

@massage... if I was allowed to change my username again on here, I would absolutely change it to willlift4bagels lmao.
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! You go willrun4bagel! That is impressive in only 2 months. Your waistline is nipped right in. Keep it going!
  • willrun4bagels
    Options
    Wow! You go willrun4bagel! That is impressive in only 2 months. Your waistline is nipped right in. Keep it going!

Thank you <3 this is the first time I've ever posted a progress pic anywhere without a shirt on (I have others on my phone that I've taken as I've lost weight but never posted them anywhere because they are scary)!
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    47e5a3d8-9161-4daf-b12e-b86a24e475f3.jpg

The picture on the left is from June 10 and the picture on the right is from August 24.

Here's how I got to this point (sorry, it's kind of a long story):

Last year, I decided to get fit. I've always been pretty skinny but I was NOT healthy. I didn't really exercise and I smoked on and off for 26 years. I tried to eat healthy but my husband is totally not a health nut so I ate plenty of junk, too. I started couch to 5k last May and then August 1, I quit smoking. Then 5 days later I found out I was pregnant with my 8th child.

I had wanted to start lifting before that but hadn't joined the gym yet. My midwife said nope, can't start lifting while pregnant so I continued to run as I could through the all-day nausea that plagued me through the first trimester. Then at 20 weeks, I found out I had placenta previa, which meant I was at risk of bleeding (and even hemorrhaging). I quit running by then and then had a bleed in early December that landed me in the hospital for 3 days. I was put on modified bed rest; I could be up but was supposed to take it VERY easy. Then from Jan 1 to mid March, I was in the hospital 4 more times. The last time, I went in March 6 and stayed until I was released with the baby on March 23. I also had a c-section this time, the first for me, and it went well, but the recovery was so different.

I was used to getting back into the swing of things pretty quickly so having to wait to do stuff really made me crazy. I started walking with the stroller when the baby was 3 weeks old and re-started the couch to 5k program when the baby was 4 weeks old. I started stronglifts when she was 6 weeks old. I told my doctor that either I was going to run and lift or I was going to smoke again.

I know this sounds really shallow and awful, but I was so depressed over how heavy I was. With my prior pregnancies, I started out between around 115 and 125 and ended between 150 and 155. With this last one, I got to the point where I refused to look at the scale, but the last time I weighed myself right before going into the hospital the last time, I was at 174, so roughly 50 lb. up from my starting weight. I don't know what my end weight was but it had to be high. I was super swollen after the c-section because my blood pressure fell so they pumped me full of fluids to avoid a transfusion.

When I got home from the hospital, I got on the scale to find I was at 171. In the June pic, I was at around 160. Yesterday, I was 154. Not a huge weight difference, but I am amazed at the difference in the pictures!

I've been keeping up with the running mostly and am trying to hit 40 miles this month (although I may fall short due to being out of town for several days and not doing jack), I've been trying to lift 3 times a week and I've been doing the 30 day ab challenge with co-workers. In the past couple of weeks, I've worked on cutting carbs and have lost several pounds already.

I'm not where I want to be in the end but am so psyched now that the things I've been doing have made a difference!
  • ketoandbarbell
    Options
    @rps That is a HUGE change! Congrats!
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    @RPS -- First, EIGHT kids?! Wow! I can't even imagine. :) And second, you look fantastic. So glad you're pleased with the changes and feeling upbeat about your body again. I'm looking forward to my first set of progress pics, and have my fingers crossed I'll see some improvements.

:) Courtney
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm sad because I can't see any of the pictures anymore! :( I just started the 5x5 program. I had previously done NROLFW but it was getting way to complex and time consuming. Also many of the moves I wasn't able to do at home. I would love to see some progress pics from those who have had success with 5x5 :)
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oh yay! now that I have posted the pics are showing back up! SCORE!