I don't wanna be single anymore!

Options
I am stomping my feet. But .. I want a relationship that is a partnership. Why is that so dang hard to find! Just because I am the girl in the relationship doesn't mean that I am your caregiver. I don't want the old fashioned let me make you dinner and iron your **** relationship.

I just want someone who wants to do stuff with me and love me and have loads of sex with me. Who WANTS to come home to me.

I am tired of being alone. My last relationship he lived almost an hour away from me and it was hard to see him. I always had to drive there .. even tho I was the one with the kid. I always had to pick up food on the way. I always had to suggest something to do. Over it.

Grrrrrrrrr. I don't want to go through the whole dating online thing .. that was a lot of work!

sigh. lol

Replies

• laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! You're not alone. I want the same things. But I actually DO like to make them dinner and iron their shirts lol (to an extent!! It's a plus if the guy likes to cook also!) The last guy I was "talking to/dating" (for lack of a better term) in May didn't drive to me once and we saw each other for about 2 months. I drove there every time because otherwise I wouldn't see him. (No sex btw) When I actually asked him to come by my way, he made an excuse and said he couldn't make it that night. He had made comments before about me living far away. 30 min drive is far to some people apparently :noway: But you picked up food on the way too?! Hell no!

I'm tired of being alone too :frown: It sucks. I should be used to it by now. 7 years.
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just got out of a 4.5 year relationship where I felt more like his mom than his fiance, so I know what you're talking about. I'm only 5 months out, though, so I'm still in "happy to be single" mode.

There is a difference between taking care of someone because you want to and taking care of someone because they won't do it themselves. I also love cooking and don't really mind housework. But when I work 40 hours a week and you work 40 hours a week.... I'd better not be doing everything while you plop your *kitten* in the recliner, bub.

I'm not harboring any ill feelings, obviously. ;)
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It took me a lil bit but after a 22yr dysfunctional marriage that I had to care for the invalid and another 9.5 yr relationship... I'm FINALLY at the point that I'm ENJOYING being single!!!! I'm about 10 months out from any serious relationship & feel GREAT! No one to report to, I can do what I want, no one asking why I didn't answer the phn, texts, no arguments, I can watch whatever I want on tv (except when my son is home), I can go on & on. Of course there's some things that I miss that I had in the 9.5 yr relationship but not the 22 yr one: friendship, love, awesome sex, respect, etc. but it'll come in time, maybe. I'm just gonna enjoy the freedom for now.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    But when I work 40 hours a week and you work 40 hours a week.... I'd better not be doing everything while you plop your *kitten* in the recliner, bub.

EXACTLY!
    I'm not harboring any ill feelings, obviously. ;)
    Haha!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Here Jen, I just read this profile on Tinder. Seems to be every womans dream...............not!!

"I am a man. I hunt. I'm hunting vagina...................................I can be contacted as randybugga on kik"

Sorry, I should be cheering you up about the online dating thing!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Here Jen, I just read this profile on Tinder. Seems to be every womans dream...............not!!

"I am a man. I hunt. I'm hunting vagina...................................I can be contacted as randybugga on kik"

Sorry, I should be cheering you up about the online dating thing!!! :laugh: :laugh:

OMG! Are you kidding? Please tell me you are kidding!

I just *sigh* signed up for POF again. barf.
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    Yeah .. I waited a good 2 1/2 years after my divorce to date ..lol. Definitely didn't want another man at that point. But I am ready now.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Nope......not kiddin!! Sad, isn't it? :noway:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I found a guy I know that is married with a toddler on Tinder. Makes my skin crawl now when I see him.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Well I found a guy I know that is married with a toddler on Tinder. Makes my skin crawl now when I see him.
    Ruth oh no!!! is this the guy that you went on the date with recently???
    Edit: Nevermind I read that incorrectly, I'm an idiot. Sorry!
  • Jennifer10723
    Options

Seriously. What is wrong with people. If you are unhappy .. LEAVE. He isn't doing the wife any favors by staying. That is for sure.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    ^^^ THIS!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Grrrrr! :grumble:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Did I mention that I ran into my ex husband on there (I posted that in the main forum and those people are too stupid to comprehend their *kitten* from a hole in the ground) but the thing said active an hour ago when I swiped on his photo.

He's currently married, and I found it funny that he only mentioned about his two girls and not his son. Oh well not my circus, not my monkeys. Once a cheater always a cheater.

I agree those guys make me wanna blow thier cover. But again...circus...monkeys....not mine...um yeah.
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    Did I mention that I ran into my ex husband on there (I posted that in the main forum and those people are too stupid to comprehend their *kitten* from a hole in the ground) but the thing said active an hour ago when I swiped on his photo.

He's currently married, and I found it funny that he only mentioned about his two girls and not his son. Oh well not my circus, not my monkeys. Once a cheater always a cheater.

I agree those guys make me wanna blow thier cover. But again...circus...monkeys....not mine...um yeah.

OMG! Seriously?! So he is re-married and still looking to date?! More like *kitten* .. not monkey..lol.
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My ex, who had a new girlfriend within two weeks of me kicking him out, texted me earlier today asking if I still had the pictures from when I tried on wedding dresses last year. He "never got to see them".

If he keeps bugging me about it, I think I just say, "How about I send them to your girlfriend and you can get them from her?"

He's such a schmuck.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My ex, who had a new girlfriend within two weeks of me kicking him out, texted me earlier today asking if I still had the pictures from when I tried on wedding dresses last year. He "never got to see them".

If he keeps bugging me about it, I think I just say, "How about I send them to your girlfriend and you can get them from her?"

He's such a schmuck.

at first i didn't 'get' why my ex didn't want any communication with me, but stories like this and others i've read, i'm quite glad he doesn't!

he also doesn't speak w/his son but that's another whole d-bag story...
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of being single too! I haven't had a serious relationship in YEARS, just keep finding guys who think I'm great for a few dates, but then they flake. It gets old, and I can never enjoy the "honeymoon" of a new relationship because that's when they all fail!! But I have my own place, a car, an awesome job, and a great education, so I don't want anyone to take care of me, I just want a partner and friend and someone to snuggle with at night ;)
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I was engaged earlier this year, found out my fiance was still looking and trying to have random hookups. Called it off. He recently got ahold of me again and wanted to work things out. We talked, hung out but then found out he's still doing the same crap he was doing before. SEE YA!!! I know I deserve better. I'm not going to settle. So....until Mr Right comes along....single life it is!!!! But I do miss having someone to watch movies with, make dinner with, talk, laugh, and just do life together. Someday....someday....
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I do, but then I don't. After 7.5 years with a lying lowlife, I now have 2.5 years alone and a big part of me is really protective of MY time and MY space. Probably not a healthy feeling but I don't know how to change it. Also the guys I meet really seem to want to move fast, every time that happens I assume the guy is just there for sex and I bolt.