• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.4 km - 65 minutes
    1/4 free and 3/4 IM
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 IM, 400 free, 1 x 200 IM, 4 x 100 IM, 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free.....

I've decided to see if I can start pushing myself a little more with the other strokes. As I feel stronger, I'm going to start dropping 100 yards off the freestyle set in between the 2 sections of IM's & each time I do that I will add that 100 yards to 1 of the 100 yard IM's. Today was my first time doing it, I dropped that middle 500 free to a 400 & made the 1st 100 IM a 200. I'm not sure of the time frame yet for when I make the next change, but that 400 free will become a 300 & the 2nd 100 IM will also become a 200. The ultimate goal is to get to 10 200 IM's without s freestyle break in between. Once I get to that point I will see what else I might change (if anything).......
  • GreenNetha1
    GreenNetha1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Its not much but I swam 3 times and back in a 25 meter pool today :)
  • Macstraw
    Options
    It may not seem like much to you, but I think it is - you're in the water swimming!!!! Stick with it & keep trying to push yourself as much as possible :-)
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Its not much but I swam 3 times and back in a 25 meter pool today :)
    Good job GreenNatha! Feels great doesn't it? Now just keep at it and gradual increase the distance!
    You'll be amazed even one month from now at your progress!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 IM, 400 free, 1 x 200 IM, 4 x 100 IM, 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free.....

I've decided to see if I can start pushing myself a little more with the other strokes. As I feel stronger, I'm going to start dropping 100 yards off the freestyle set in between the 2 sections of IM's & each time I do that I will add that 100 yards to 1 of the 100 yard IM's. Today was my first time doing it, I dropped that middle 500 free to a 400 & made the 1st 100 IM a 200. I'm not sure of the time frame yet for when I make the next change, but that 400 free will become a 300 & the 2nd 100 IM will also become a 200. The ultimate goal is to get to 10 200 IM's without s freestyle break in between. Once I get to that point I will see what else I might change (if anything).......
    Sounds great Macstraw!
    Keep listening to your body, especially those shoulders as the amount of butterfly yardage increases!
    But those exercises from the other thread should minimize chances of injury!
  • GreenNetha1
    Options
    11 times today back and forth down the 25 meter pool. Now is that called 11 laps or 22 laps?
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    11 times today back and forth down the 25 meter pool. Now is that called 11 laps or 22 laps?

22 lengths or 11 laps!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Way2Go GreenNetha. I think it sure beats trying to run! Keep at it.
  • Macstraw
    Options

22 lengths or 11 laps!

For us old-time swimmers laps & lengths are the same thing. When all the track people got too old & too many injuries in their legs to keep running, they migrated to the pool where they decided that a lap meant getting back to the same place you started, as opposed to traversing the course 1 time (for those running in circles, that happens to be the same place). Oh well, the world moves on ;-)

GreenNetha, that's a big jump in yardage - nicely done :-)
  • GreenNetha1
    Options
    My whole body hurts :)
  • Macstraw
    Options
    That'll pass, & as you do more it will happen less & less. If need be, back it down a little bit the next time & build it back up, you don't want to be so sore that you can't swim consistently. It's a marathon, not a sprint.........
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    2.0 miles @ 73 min.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    6500 yards freestyle in 114 minutes......
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Nice to be back this morning (last swim was Wednesday last week). Did 2km total in 45 mins - 400m free, 100 back, 100, breast - repeat 3 times then finish with 200 free. Felt great.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hooray!! Back in the water today after 29 days away from the pool. The chlorine nearly killed me -- I guess the outdoor summer pools + open water swimming got me used to lower levels. I did my usual 40 laps (1.14 miles), doing the first half as freestyle, then the second half as various strokes and drills, for 51 minutes overall. Felt great to be back!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Hooray!! Back in the water today after 29 days away from the pool. The chlorine nearly killed me -- I guess the outdoor summer pools + open water swimming got me used to lower levels. I did my usual 40 laps (1.14 miles), doing the first half as freestyle, then the second half as various strokes and drills, for 51 minutes overall. Felt great to be back!
    Great job Leaping Lemur and everyone else!
    :-)
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.4 km - 65 minutes
    1/4 free and 3/4 IM