MFP Winter Omnium Challenges - Results now in...

Options
2»

Replies

• Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get in if not too late.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    crack on mate, no worries... though i'm not sure you're weather qualifies for the rule #9 challenge - though i'm prepared to be educated on that front...

(actually, looking at average temp's for December in LA, it does occasionally dip into single figures celsius...)
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Rosie and I ride nights in the winter most of the time and the temps often are in the mid 40s-50s range with limited visibility so it is a challenge to leave a warm house after work and get out for a ride. We do have fog on occasion and rain, though recently it has been somewhat scarce;, and, if we ride into the mountains, we can run into snow.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    harksy wrote: »
    tydj7rcbo0mq.jpg
    [Like!]
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Just a quick Heads up folks - Winter Omnium finishes 28th February, less than 2 weeks from Now... I'm going to un-sticky all the individual threads and leave this one in-situ, because I really aught to get to start up the Classics Challenge Signup thread sometime soon...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Last Day Today Folks... If you could all book any rides up to date as soon as possible that'd be great, then I can finish the spreadsheet and put the whole "winter base work" to bed, and we can concentrate on the "Spring Build Phase" ;)
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Have the results been finalised for this?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    well i've updated all the threads, but I guess there's a chance that someone may need to get to work on monday to book in their final rides, so I was going to keep it open until Tuesday Morning...
  • TheBigYin
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Okay folks - time for the Results...

Base Distance Challenge

With 19 Points, the winner of this section of the challenge is Jakes1971... racking up more points than the rest of the competitiors combined... Chapeau J.

Hour-and-A-Lap Cross Challenge

Another clear winner in this category - Phytogurl with 42 points - excellent work.

Indoor Cycling Challenge

Well - this is pretty much a walkover for our resident "hamster on the wheel" - with a frankly ludicrous 97 points, due to burning 38,934kcals... (that's something like 70 "big mac's" or 16.5 litres of Ben and Jerrys Phish Food Icecream to put it in perspective)

Rule #9 Commuter Challenge

Another win for our resident nutter - Jakes1971 - 61 points (3057.5km) worth of commuting... All I can say is "you really must HATE public transport mate"

And of course, we come to the "overall" winner.

Well - it was really won in the "pain cave" this year I guess... and the overall win, with 104 points overall is the hamster Cloggsy71.

Well done to everyone who got out there and rode, or stayed in and rode, or combined the two. At the end of the day, if this challenge has motivated one of you to go out and ride once or twice more than you normally would, then it's all been worthwhile.

Now - let's get out there and ride our arses off for the Spring Classics.

• cloggsy71
    Options
    Woohoo! It's a hat-trick! Stan, Cav & the Hamster [happy dance] :lol:
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just spotted this as I've been a little distracted with face ache and that pain in the *kitten* lol

Well done Clive, staggering indoor effort mate, no way Id fancy that, give me a bit of cold wind n rain any day! :)

And yes I loath public transport :)

Thanks for running this Mark, I know you've had a troublesome Winter so Kudos for keep on keeping on, speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing you back in the saddle giving it some again.