23/11/2014 to 29/11/2014 Weekly Post

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
Hi everyone hope you had a great weekend.

My mom's 70th on Saturday...stupid, stupid skype wasn't working properly...rrrrrrrrrr... So couldn't show off my loss or celebrate with her properly...rrrrrrrr...but we did get to see her open her (huge) card and her present, before it cut out and she seemed to love them.

Sunday is my heavy weigh-in day and trend is decreasing...very pleased.

P.S. I can't seem to post anything with the normal site...only my phone, so weird. Thank goodness I have my phone. I would miss posting to you guys.

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Oh Orlcam....Just when you think, you're the only one....Sijomial shows up.

Though he is not on my friends list, he is a longterm faster, who knows his stuff. Always liked his posts and reasoning in the old group.

Glad you joined the group, Sijomial.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    dagnabit! Not a problem...yes I remember Sijomial..always respected his thoughts.

On another note...new logo & banner are up...I'll try to change the banner background along with the seasons/holidays. Hope everyone enjoys them. If I miss an important holiday in your country please prompt me...you know how self-involved us americans can be. ;)

Have a good week everyone.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! A friend in another challenge introduced me to 5:2 a few week ago. I've done some research and heaving thinking about it and I'm ready to jump in. I think I'll go with Mon/Fri for fasting days this week. One thing I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving season is great groups and forums on MFP; they certainly have helped in my fitness journey.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    dagnabit! Not a problem...yes I remember Sijomial..always respected his thoughts.

On another note...new logo & banner are up...I'll try to change the banner background along with the seasons/holidays. Hope everyone enjoys them. If I miss an important holiday in your country please prompt me...you know how self-involved us americans can be. ;)

Have a good week everyone.

Love the new banner! Great job Orlcam and perfect timing for Thanksgiving!!

• carlsoda
    Options
    Hi folks! A friend in another challenge introduced me to 5:2 a few week ago. I've done some research and heaving thinking about it and I'm ready to jump in. I think I'll go with Mon/Fri for fasting days this week. One thing I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving season is great groups and forums on MFP; they certainly have helped in my fitness journey.

Welcome! You will love 5:2! I love how it's slowly changing my attitude towards food. I used to be so concerned about every calorie I ate, so obsessed about food and now I'm letting it go. I'm not so worried about every little thing that I eat. You still need to be mindful especially on non-fast days obviously, but it's so much more freeing!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thanksgiving week! I'm so happy to have a 4 day weekend...my goodness I need it! I'm tired of these 5:00 am mornings 5 days a week!

I'm fasting today and Wednesday...getting ready for my feast on Thursday! I actually have a very healthy meal planned but making apple pie for our treat. I love apple pie and when I was up in Canada last month I bought Northern Spy apples just for Thanksgiving. They make THE best apple pie in the world!!

Hope everyone has a great day and of course a wonderful week!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Orlcam - nice and festive new suit!

Mapha - welcome to the group! Lots of nice people here!

No Thanksgiving here, but my fasts will be Mo / We with the possibilty of a third one on Fr after a carb and cal loaded weekend.

Carlsoda - could you send me a piece? Sounds wonderful!
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    @orlcam. Really like new logo & banner. Thanks for your hard work.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    First fast day of the week. So funny how now I look forward to them because I feel happier and more hopeful inside on the FDs. I don't think it has to do with anything external. Seems to be that eating more tires me out and on the fast days, eating less gives me more energy. Love it!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @orlcam - thanks for all your work on the banner. Looks great!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop Turkey week! TDEE day for me :)
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, hope you don't mind if I jump in to say hello. I am also brand new to 5:2 and I hope I'm doing it right (or at least, not too wrong). Today is my first fast day of the week. It's going well. I have decided to eat a little all day rather than wait until the end. I have a pot of soup (mostly broth wth a few vegetables and tons of spices) in my crockpot and I'm dipping some out all day long to sip on. Besides those calories, I had oatmeal for breakfast and plan on bacon and eggs for dinner. And water and hot tea all day long (which is normal for me).

How far apart do most folks schedule their fast days? I plan on doing Monday and Wednesday this week, mostly because of Thanksgiving on Thursday (and Leftover Friday, lol).
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am finding this easier as each week goes by. It has been about 4 weeks and I have lost a couple of kilos I am pretty sure all up ,despite some fluctuations. I actually seem to only manage about 350 - 450 calories often on fast days. I have found that if I don't think about what to eat but just eat my standard fast day menu then it is easy. Recently had to delay a fast day from a Thursday to a Friday and was fine til night time and my husband was ready for a Friday night beer and it was so hot here in Australia. I ended up having a gin and that was the end of my fasting. Alcohol leads to poor choices! ;-)
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    CindyB97 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, hope you don't mind if I jump in to say hello. I am also brand new to 5:2 and I hope I'm doing it right (or at least, not too wrong). Today is my first fast day of the week. It's going well. I have decided to eat a little all day rather than wait until the end. I have a pot of soup (mostly broth wth a few vegetables and tons of spices) in my crockpot and I'm dipping some out all day long to sip on. Besides those calories, I had oatmeal for breakfast and plan on bacon and eggs for dinner. And water and hot tea all day long (which is normal for me).

How far apart do most folks schedule their fast days? I plan on doing Monday and Wednesday this week, mostly because of Thanksgiving on Thursday (and Leftover Friday, lol).

Cindy, Monday and Thursday works for me. I need the 2 days in between so I don't resent it. I must say it has only been a month but I can see me sticking with this forever as a lifestyle. I would like to know what other people have lost over what period of time? I guess you do what works for you. I don't like eating breakfast and start about 11.am. Then I have an orange and later, lunch and dinner. I prefer to have a simple routine and then it is out of my mind. I am never actually hungry. Good luck.

• CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    CindyB97 wrote: »

Cindy, Monday and Thursday works for me. I need the 2 days in between so I don't resent it. I must say it has only been a month but I can see me sticking with this forever as a lifestyle. I would like to know what other people have lost over what period of time? I guess you do what works for you. I don't like eating breakfast and start about 11.am. Then I have an orange and later, lunch and dinner. I prefer to have a simple routine and then it is out of my mind. I am never actually hungry. Good luck.

Thank you for the advice. I agree it would be ideal to have two days in between fast days. I guess I picked the wrong week to start 5:2. :-) I am eating all day for now, but may change later to the once a day meal.

Sounds like it's working well for you! I am anxious to see my progress over the next couple months, as well.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Cindy - Welcome to the group and to 5:2

Nothing wrong with switching your days around to suit your life. That's the beauty of this way of eating. I usually do Mo/Th and also prefer 2 days inbetween, however, the last few Thursday were very social, so I fasted Mo/We and threw in a Fr once or twice too.
  • Calahonda1984
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you're all having a fab week so far?

This is my second week on the diet and I'm fasting today and Thursday (last week i did Mon and Wed). I think starting form next week I will try and stick to Mon and Thurs to give me that to day break in between.

I didn't lose any weight last week even though I stuck to the plan - I ate well and fasted well! I'm hoping this week will give me the much needed boost to stick with it - I guess last week may have been water retention?

Back on the green teas today and I'm looking forwar dto my yummy dinner of roasted veg and cous cous later on :smiley:

Hearing stories from all of you who have stuck with it for so long and been rewarded with such amazing weight loss - I'm in awe! I really hope I can follow suit and get my confidence back in the process. Any advice would be most welcome x
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all the new members :D . Had my first fast day on Monday. Half way through the day I started to get the chills and came down with a terrible fever :s. Still getting over it today. I'm going to take it easy this week. I'm not going to fast until Saturday, give myself time to recover. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you're all having a fab week so far?

This is my second week on the diet and I'm fasting today and Thursday (last week i did Mon and Wed). I think starting form next week I will try and stick to Mon and Thurs to give me that to day break in between.

I didn't lose any weight last week even though I stuck to the plan - I ate well and fasted well! I'm hoping this week will give me the much needed boost to stick with it - I guess last week may have been water retention?

Hearing stories from all of you who have stuck with it for so long and been rewarded with such amazing weight loss - I'm in awe! I really hope I can follow suit and get my confidence back in the process. Any advice would be most welcome x

Welcome to the group. Do you weigh and log everything you have been eating? And do you eat up to or near your TDEE on nonfast days and stay close to your 500 cals. on fast days? I feel it helps to weigh and measure everything when you are starting 5:2. I do know that some on here don't but I feel that's the only way to get a true handle on how much you really are eating.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    snaps27: Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I think you are right about not fasting until you feel better.
    Happy Thanksgiving week everyone. Hope you all enjoy your day on Thursday.