Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Carrie and I am 34 years old. I have a toddler and a baby. Although it is difficult to find time for myself these days, I recently joined a gym and trying to make it there 4-5 times a week. I do not have many pounds to lose but I am here to help me stay motivated to make better eating choices and stay active as much as I can.
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kris. 31. The Mrs. and I just had our first child last week, a healthy baby boy. I'm 6' and mostly do at home programs like P90X and Insanity. My highest weight was 240 lbs before getting my act together and hitting my nutrition and work out goals. I bottomed out at a lean mean 176. I now maintain (depending on program) a weight between 180 and 200.
  • benjifit
    benjifit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Benji. I'm 36 and live in Queensland Australia. I'm always active, either at the gym or playing sports. My goals are to maintain my current weight whilst continuously increasing my cardio fitness.
  • SLCasey78
    SLCasey78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie and I'm 36. I've been successful in losing weight in the past using different methods including weight watchers. Unfortunately, I always gain the weight back plus extra. I am now at the heaviest weight I have ever been. I love to travel and I don't want my weight to interfere with that. My long term goal is to lose 50 lbs. I have a cruise booked for October 2015. My hope is to average a 1 lb a week loss and be down 45 before my cruise.

I look forward to talking to everyone. Hopefully we can encourage each other. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lboutte84
    lboutte84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 30 years old and starting over on MFP because I like fresh starts. I recently got married, finished graduate school, and started my career. It seems like turning 30 has meant I finally have time to myself to focus on getting healthier (no wedding planning, no more studying/papers, and I love my job). I would love support from other 30-somethings that are motivated on MFP! Feel free to friend me and I will happily provide support and enjoy receiving your support. I have definitely noticed changes in where I gain/lose weight and how I do so since turning 30 and so I am excited to receive and provide support to others that are in a similar phase in life :smiley: .
  • autumnalakika
    Options
    I'm 32, recently married (almost 3 years!), have a job (though there's a part of me that keeps going "get a phd anyway, it'll be fun"), and 2 cats. I'm not particularly fat, but I'm fat enough that it's annoying me.

I've tried meal plans (and I'm still trying them, I think the ones over here might actually work) and NerdFitness and nothing seems to work because I don't seem to have the willpower to actually stick to it. I know I shouldn't eat an entire 2l tub of ice cream just because it's summer and the weekend, but that doesn't seem to stop me from doing it.

I'm walking to Mordor, because I do a lot of walking anyway and that's fun (you can see how far I am over here, I've just gone over Hollin Ridge). I use the same spreadsheet to track other goals as well. I've successfully gone over 2 months without drinking coke thanks to that little spreadsheet. I tried paying for things in the hope that spending money would help, but it doesn't seem to. I'm actually going to the gym regularly at the moment (even if all the exercise I get is the extra walk there to buy a smoothie) because otherwise I'd lose part of my discount. Hopefully I can keep that habit up. I'm a big believer in rewards, but there's only so much stuff I'm willing to have around.

I need motivation and support and encouragement and to be accountable and I don't know what else. Hopefully I'll find it here :smile:
  • clearlydivinesounique
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!, I'm Eudina, 34 never married and no children. I do have 2 feline furbabies and 2 canine furbabies. My goal is to lose the weight and hopefully be pregnant within a couple of years. I live in Jersey and have appx. 180 lbs to lose.....an entire person. It's a little discouraging to see that but It is what it is. I have been up and down for a very long time and I am hoping that this is last time. I enjoy power lifting...presently I can leg press about 1000 and squat about 400 and I am looking forward to finding a healthier me. I am looking for support buddies who can keep me accountable and hopefully make some great friends in the process
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Diane, I'm 36 and live in Palo Alto, CA. I have a 16 year old son, and I've been trying to lose the baby weight for 16 years lol. I work full time and keep pretty busy with my son (who's a 10th grader), his dad and our two dogs. I would like to lose 30+ lbs, but need some motivation. I'm on a low-carb diet and need to start working out again. In the past, I've done Jillian Michaels's workouts and they've worked well, but I'd gain the weight back by eating too much.
  • Steffie782000
    Steffie782000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Stefanie, I am 36 and I live on Vancouver Island in Canada. I am married to the love of my life and we have two beautiful girls 8 and 6. I was very athletic and could eat whichever I chose before having children. I actually modeled in my youth. After having children I went from 5'8 and a 130lbs to 5'8 and 230lbs, during my second pregnancy I went up to 260lbs and the weight did not want to come off. I cannot keep blaming the weight gain on pregnancy though as our youngest is 6. However after having children I made sure that they were fed healthy food as well as my husband and I ate whatever junk I could get my hands on.
    I have attempted many times to lose the weight and just fade off and go down my old path. I have tried to do it alone and that is wear I think I have failed. I need to be accountable and others that can help me be accountable and who I can help as well.
    I am taking administration in college this year and I was using that as an excuse not to exercise, my fall semester has finished and this is the time I am taking for myself to build routine and plan to stick to. I look forward to meeting everyone.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Wow! Welcome everyone who recently joined. I was suprised to see how many people joined in the last week or so. I am looking forward to getting to know you and working on this journey with you! The group has been a bit quiet of late but if you can think of anything to breath some life into the discussion please chime in. I would love to have more ideas!
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Sherita. I am 36 and live in Oklahoma. I'm a busy full time workin' single mom. I've been a MFP user for approximately 3 years. I want to reach a healthy weight and have decided it's time for me to finally truly commit to losing 50 lbs. Looking for motivation, encouragement and support. :)
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm not new to this but I am rededicating myself to my health and getting in shape again. After getting a new job with a lengthy daily commute and buying my first house it's been a busy year and a half. I have noticed that many of my MFP friends have dropped off the wagon so I'm looking for some new ones. I promise to be supportive! Please add me.
  • duanebazzett1226
    Options
    Hi my name is Duane I have been going strong running and weight lifting since July i'm down 42# and have 39# to go by my first 25K in May. Started training already for my 25K about 2 weeks ago.
  • dunderwood10
    dunderwood10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 for a couple more months married almost 13 years with two kids and count my macros with this app.... going to get even more dedicated to my lifting and running this year hopefully have found some great support in 2014 so best is yet to come.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome to the group Sherita, marqcutie80, Duane and dunderwood10! I just started a thread for miles tracking for anyone interested and am planning on starting a thread for another weigh in challenge for anyone looking for a little more accountability. I would love to see this group more active so if you have any ideas feel free to start something or let me know and I can put it together! I am looking forward to taking this journey with you and supporting you on your way to your goals!
  • cindyfeilert
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Cindy and I'm 31. I've been with my husband 16 years married 10 we have 3 kids 14, 8, 2 I am here looking for people to support and support me with losing weight I have been off tract for many years and ready to get back on track I ready to start my new life I have been already been working hard for about a week now and am thinking having others to talk to would help Thanks :)
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone who has joined!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad to see you all here. Feel free to add me as I'm very active on MFP and have had many successes over the past year!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Also, feel free to add me, I have been on almost every day (save a few days a year) for the past 4 years and have all intentions on continuing!
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the new members of the group, it's lovely to have you on board, please feel free to add me, as I'm now back & very active on here again :smile:
    Also please feel free to join in on any discussion or challenge, all are always welcome
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Names Ginny and i am 39 (soon not in the thirties..cries...haha) I started at 300lbs and my lowest was 140lbs. Till i had my thyroid removed, bad eating choices and discovered i have back arthritis. Which sadly hinders me from exercising as much as i want to. But i do walk and do exercise videos. I vowed to get the 30lbs regain off last year and i made it to 162. Till of course i had the bright idea this Christmas to give myself a 2 week free for all. Yeah well now i am back up to 179.5. But i am on track today and vow to get off the rest of the weight by summer! If you need a new friend feel free to add me. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.