November Chit Chat

Options

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Thanks Crabada - the eye patch really helped my gainz ;)

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like Mean Girls, I'm having a fugly day today :-1: Thought this would be a great place to vent humorously. Hope it's just a fluctuation and I didn't just realize I've let myself go :neutral_face:

My pants were tight on me this morning and I've been contemplating undoing a button. I haven't though, not because I have standards (because I don't) but because I'm wearing the type of slacks that have like a million clasps at the waist. I also took off my faux nails last night so my hands look like nubs. Lastly, my eye is all wonky - I think I scratched something and my lid hurts so maybe I'll get to wear a patch with my ensemble this week.

i bet this won't comfort you, but i just enjoyed your 'bad' day more than i enjoy some people's 'good' days. as far as the eyeball scratch goes . . . take it to emerg and get them to put some coloured dye into it. that way, after they've finished shining and infra-red light on your eyeball to look for the scratch, you can go to the gym and work out with fluorescent fluid leaking out of your nose.

ask me how i found out about that. go on, i dare you.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    6nmumbkxg1rz.jpg

Just wanted to post some inspiration for everyone!
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    @BPJ (I always have to think and make sure this isn't PBJ :) ) -- What is a "review app"? I'm not sure what you're asking for. Sorry if I'm just confused.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Lol Canada...

Crabada...I actually have never thought of that - PBJ...ha!ha!
    I meant a well-reviewed app..an app with great ratings...one that does not require GPS enabling to track activities like stair-climbing, weight lifting, etc. The few I found require one to enable GPS...
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @bepeejaye: Runkeeper will let you manually enter activities, but I am not sure if you can run it without GPS, as in, I don't know if it will let you open it if there is no service connected to your device (either wireless or cellular). I just tested the app in airplane mode on my phone and that worked, so I would guess you could still open the app on your iPod even if no wifi is connected to it.
  • coltsgirl311
    Options
    I think it also has a "stopwatch" mode so that it will track the amount of time that you do an activity rather than using GPS, but I have never used that mode and am not sure how accurate it is.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    bepeejaye wrote: »
    Bwahaha! Nice one Crabada...and the Yoga sloth - roflmbo!!
    Today lifting was ok...I felt a little bit slow on the BP...I think because it is not done often the muscles "go to sleep" lol...

i agree about that. it seems like very single post-bench-press day is doms day all over again, and as far as progress, i'm not making a lot.

last week i did a bit of extremely-light bench (well, 45 instead of 65, and it felt light) in between Official Bench Days. and for what it's worth, i did make my 5lb increase on bench last night for the first time in i don't know how long. i'll keep this up for a while and see if it unsticks my progress with benching at all.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like Mean Girls, I'm having a fugly day today :-1: Thought this would be a great place to vent humorously. Hope it's just a fluctuation and I didn't just realize I've let myself go :neutral_face:

My pants were tight on me this morning and I've been contemplating undoing a button. I haven't though, not because I have standards (because I don't) but because I'm wearing the type of slacks that have like a million clasps at the waist. I also took off my faux nails last night so my hands look like nubs. Lastly, my eye is all wonky - I think I scratched something and my lid hurts so maybe I'll get to wear a patch with my ensemble this week.

i bet this won't comfort you, but i just enjoyed your 'bad' day more than i enjoy some people's 'good' days. as far as the eyeball scratch goes . . . take it to emerg and get them to put some coloured dye into it. that way, after they've finished shining and infra-red light on your eyeball to look for the scratch, you can go to the gym and work out with fluorescent fluid leaking out of your nose.

ask me how i found out about that. go on, i dare you.

No I love it! What's humor without self depreciation? I have drops from a previous eye scratch trip to urgent care (I call them my eye roids. They're going to get yuuuuuge!) The fluorescent leaking sounds great though! I'll keep that in mind for the future.

So, dare accepted: how do you know all about that??
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    So, dare accepted: how do you know all about that??

i fell asleep with contact lenses in once, and woke up in a wild clawing frenzy that scratched one eyeball. during my painfully self-conscious teens. sitting in some coffee shop after the e.r. with a patch over one eye, feeling Romantic and Interesting, and wondering why everybody was spilling coffee down their fronts and suddenly remembering urgent business somewhere way over there when they caught sight of me . . . . then i wiped my nose on a napkin and realised it must look like i had a leaking yellow highlighter pen in my left sinus somewhere.

plus, my kid got something in his eye once and for him they did that blacklight-postery dye. that one was great. the doc turned out the light and dropped the shades, and there was nothing but one wildly glowing purple eyeball and a cascade of giggles.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Yikes! I had scratched my cornea the first time from sleeping in my contacts (and also from sleeping face down on a carpet). As I sat in the urgent care waiting room trying not to get the flu or ebola, I told myself to not drink as much next time I go out :# I think a twig or something just flew in my eye this time.

I about died reading your experience. That's so emo leaking highlighter while you feel romantic and interesting in a coffee shop. Please say you were also wearing a beret.

• canadianlbs
    Options
    Please say you were also wearing a beret.

ginormous army surplus coat :D with a book in every pocket.

i think i was still under the hemingway influence then.

• TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    6nmumbkxg1rz.jpg

This is so wonderfully random. :)

• coltsgirl311
    Options
    I just remembered why I don't venture out into the general forums very much anymore...there is an epic argument thread going on there about how long it takes for the "New Year's Rush" in the gym to pass.... LOL
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Lol @coltsgirl. Let me guess.. someone posted because they hate how all these resolutioners crowd the gym every January. After some people nod in agreement, another person says, "Who are you to judge their journey? Maybe they're actually going to get in shape! Mind your own business at the gym. GOD this is why I work out at home!" Then there's some pages of back and forth which devolves into people arguing about the merits of cardio versus weights. Then someone says that they do both cardio and weights in Body Pump and it's such a good workout, you don't need to do one or the other. Fighting continues about how Body Pump is mostly cardio even though it mimics the benefits of weights because it's HIIT.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I saw that thread and pretty much how it went down followed by snarky comments, name calling and a little bit of complaining added. All starting from the simple question of when the rush of new people ends and things slow down again at the gym. Fun times on some of the general forums. I read them for entertainment often times when perusing the internet and procrastinating from writing.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I find them entertaining, too. No matter what, if they become popular, they turn into a food fight.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    There is also one in the fitness forum devoted to talking about butts. That one went pretty crazy too and caught moderator attention.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying both of those. It's kind of like watching reality TV, I think. Devolves into human nature at its worst after a while and it's entertaining in small doses.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    So, when does the resolution rush end? :smiley: Ahahahaha! (But seriously. When?)