Dec 21 - Dec 27 Challenge Thread.

Options

Replies

• GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas! Looks like everyone's hanging in there for the holidays. Have a good one!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to each of you! Thankful for this group!!!
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    7o6g1l89m30a.png
    Yesterday I posted in the wrong thread … so here it is.
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ho ho ho … I'm not the "Green Giant" … hope you all have a merry day.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Christmas dinner over. I did pretty well with dinner, some prime rib (wasn't bad but honestly, just give me a rib eye on the grill for that red meat craving), baked sweet potato and some sauteed green beans. Now the problem was that my cousin decided to 'take December off' and bake! So cookies and candy treats all over. Yep, I had my share and then some. Am I feeling guilty about it? Nope! Overall I feel I did quite well for Christmas.
  • heronh
    Options
    My ex foster all happy and well loved at his new home with his "BIG" brother the Malamute.

d8t2rzrga3h4.jpg
  • heronh
    Options
    John what a lovely present!! Great way to preserve memories.
    Options
    Awww Heron, he looks like he's fitting in just fine.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!xelc4on1mkdz.jpg
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day! Had a great day at work yesterday, helping volunteers do present distribution in the wards. All of my 'High' functioning D ward guys were already or about to go home on family visits so was a good day for them, still able to hold it special. Here is a pic of my Buddy and Teammate James T. (Therapy) Dogg in his new jacket. No more chain collar for the lad.

vu4gs8h2m7vs.jpg
    Options
    Merry Christmas!xelc4on1mkdz.jpg

Guarding the presents. Hehehe...
    Options
    Happy Day After Christmas! I hope everybody had a wonderful day.

Remember, no guilt today from yesterday's treat fest. :)
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Heron, Such a cute pic. They look like they have been buds forever:)

Stacy and John, They are gorgeous furbabies! Now I feel like I need to post some pics of my bad boys.

Ha ha Jen. It is difficult for me to not feel a tad guilty since my belly is going to be reminding me of my transgressions for days. Me eating excess cheese and crackers makes for intestinal distress. TMI, but true! I would be just fine with not eating anything for the next week. Wait....did you hear that rumble?...It's my belly!!!

My focus for the next week is to drink a ton of water and wean myself off Diet Coke. Putting together my Whole30 folder and dusted off my workout binder. Time to get serious :o
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. I tried to track what I ate yesterday, but gave up at feast number 1 with my step-brothers. Had feast number 2 with my wife's sister and her family. Since my wife was in the hospital with the medication reaction and associated liver insult, she hasn't been drinking any alcohol. So, I stopped drinking also to support her. Today, I'm down more than a pound, so, I must not have been as bad as I thought...

Kris, I gave up soft drinks a few years ago for Lent. After a few days, I didn't miss them.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    kris3b wrote: »
    Heron, Such a cute pic. They look like they have been buds forever:)

Stacy and John, They are gorgeous furbabies! Now I feel like I need to post some pics of my bad boys.

Ha ha Jen. It is difficult for me to not feel a tad guilty since my belly is going to be reminding me of my transgressions for days. Me eating excess cheese and crackers makes for intestinal distress. TMI, but true! I would be just fine with not eating anything for the next week. Wait....did you hear that rumble?...It's my belly!!!

My focus for the next week is to drink a ton of water and wean myself off Diet Coke. Putting together my Whole30 folder and dusted off my workout binder. Time to get serious :o

You sound super determined Kristin. Sending you good vibes for the diet come thing. This is how I did it:
    Tons of water all day with 1 Diet Coke end of day as a reward for abstaining all day.
    After a while, you'll see that you can do without that one.
    But when I tried to have just one mid day, it was not good! Needed another, another, etc...
    You can do this!!!!!
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well Merry day after Christmas. I know I have not been very consistent the last couple of weeks, life has its way of getting the way of your plans. Spent the day with my 11 YO and went over to friends for dinner and did a little AR15 construction :) I feel I ate very responsibly and the food was excellent considering my diet for the last couple of weeks. Sent my son off to TX with grandpa this morning so I will be alone with the dog for a week.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    MarkMcElvy wrote: »
    Well Merry day after Christmas. I know I have not been very consistent the last couple of weeks, life has its way of getting the way of your plans. Spent the day with my 11 YO and went over to friends for dinner and did a little AR15 construction :) I feel I ate very responsibly and the food was excellent considering my diet for the last couple of weeks. Sent my son off to TX with grandpa this morning so I will be alone with the dog for a week.

Great job on the Christmas eating. Keep it up.
    And you are not alone Mark. We are here for you.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Too many sweets yesterday. Was a true carb day. THo honestly in my past it was closer to normal than I care to admit. Woke today with a horrid headache.

Boy can I tell how much more likely I am to make poor choices when I start the day with a carby breakfast...it was good tho. Homemade sausage, gravy & biscuits. I'd also baked a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese icing and German chocolate brownies. Smartly I carried those to my cousins and the leftovers stayed behind. Well most of I stayed behind. I brought I piece of cake home to stuff into my belly before bed. I seriously was out of control.

This carb hangover is exactly what I needed to get back on track.