Leslie Sansone January 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!
It is January, 2015, and time to start a new monthly challenge! The first one for 2015! So lets make January an extraordinarily awesome month while we enjoy the beginning of a brand new year, with so many possibilities and hope for a brand new start of a healthy year ahead for us all!

Crisp and cold and even snowy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good :drinker:!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, or however you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome!

So tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would care to :p .

Come on in and let us start walking the January 2015 Monthly Challenge together. I am grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continued to inspire and motivate mile by mile and step by step during 2014, and I also look forward to an awesome 2015 together!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    January Goal: 75
    1/1/2015-Walkmeter Tracked Walk and interval run with my son :heart: in the Hague-4.02 miles total

Happy New Year of Walking everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I found you! Happy New Year Walkers! I am in for 75 miles this month. I did 5 Mega Miles this am.
    5/75
  • tobybears8
    tobybears8 Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am 60 years old and I have to do this this year. I started last year and quit. I am tired of being a quitter. I need to lose at least 50 pounds. Even 10 would make me feel better about myself. Hoping to keep up with it this time and start 2015 out right. I am going to try for at least 15 minutes a day. I know it isn't much but it is a start. I also have a gazelle and will probably use that too. Thanks for doing this.

68412363.png
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone!

tobybears8 -- Welcome back. You can do this and we will cheer you on. :D

zichab and PinkyPan, already out front and way ahead!

I'm shooting for 60 miles this month.

Off to pop in a Leslie dvd. Have a wonderful day!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »

Indeed, tobybears8! You can do it this time around! hi five to you (*) and welcome back.

zichab and PinkyPan started us off!! and Ann is already working it!!

I am going to a late Christmas get together for the grandchildren. A delicious pasta lunch and yummy snacks that everyone is bringing are on the menu :) So I'll need to keep my date with Leslie later on o:) LOL
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    I'll set my goal 75 for this month. Today was the first above zero day so I had a nice walk.

6/75
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Much school in the forecast for me this month, so will stick with another 50-mile goal. Happy walking, everyone!
  • coepeters
    Options
    Just joined the group. I'm 57 and want to lose 40 lbs. Just completed 5 mega miles. Motivation is my issue. Need team support.
    Happy New Year, everyone.
  • shauser61
    shauser61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this post but I do have several of the dvds. I did use them in the past but always stop after a couple of months. Please help me get on track. I'm 53 and need to lose at least 40 pounds (menopause is killing me). I have to start off slow due to an illness . I will start with 1 mile today and my goal will be to do at least 8 miles in my 1st 7 days.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Jan 1, 2014 3 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
  • AnnofB
    Options
    coepeters wrote: »
    Just joined the group. I'm 57 and want to lose 40 lbs. Just completed 5 mega miles. Motivation is my issue. Need team support.
    Happy New Year, everyone.

Hello coepeters! Glad you joined us. We have a really good bunch of positive folks here so support is here when you need it. Good luck!

• AnnofB
    Options
    shauser61 wrote: »
    I'm new to this post but I do have several of the dvds. I did use them in the past but always stop after a couple of months. Please help me get on track. I'm 53 and need to lose at least 40 pounds (menopause is killing me). I have to start off slow due to an illness . I will start with 1 mile today and my goal will be to do at least 8 miles in my 1st 7 days.

Hi shauser61,
    Welcome. Just take your time and don't let your goal of losing 40 lbs overwhelm you. Walking is great for dealing with stress that menopause brings. Ask me how I know! Ha-ha. Just do what you can-as Leslie says, every step counts. Got a good group of supporters here so join in and keep walking!

• AnnofB
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »

Indeed, tobybears8! You can do it this time around! hi five to you (*) and welcome back.

zichab and PinkyPan started us off!! and Ann is already working it!!

I am going to a late Christmas get together for the grandchildren. A delicious pasta lunch and yummy snacks that everyone is bringing are on the menu :) So I'll need to keep my date with Leslie later on o:) LOL

Sounds like a fun day! No worries, a few days with Leslie and you'll score over that pasta, my Friend. :smiley:

• AnnofB
    Options
    emuravyeva wrote: »
    Much school in the forecast for me this month, so will stick with another 50-mile goal. Happy walking, everyone!

Happy walking to you!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    lidenalex wrote: »
    I'll set my goal 75 for this month. Today was the first above zero day so I had a nice walk.

6/75

Wow. How do you stand that cold, Alex? And 6 miles-great work.

• Shannnabanana
    Shannnabanana Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy new year!! 3 miles completed this morning :) I'm aiming for 3 miles 6 days a week
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I discovered this group a while back but was never very active. I recently purchased 2 of Leslie's DVD's (3 Mega Miles- with the band, Belly Blasting Walk) and would like to alternate and do them 6 times a week. Can't wait to see my progress. Going for at least 50 miles this month.

3/50---3 Mega Miles
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    First walk of the year was awesome! Did the 4 Mile Power Walk (the one with the surges in miles 2 and 3) and feeling great now. Happy walking, everyone!
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm in - 25 miles for January. Going to start with my newest Walk off fat fast - 20 minute easy burn tomorrow. Baby steps! Thank you my dear friends Texasgardnr and AnnofB for keeping this challenge going. Looking forward to walking with all of you!
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am in for 50 miles this month.

Looking forward to the support and motivation.