Leslie Sansone January 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! :smiley: I found this awesome group last year but didn't make much of an effort to be active.

I'd love to join in. I have several Leslie videos that I will be combining with another program, PiYo. My first goal for January is 25 miles; however, if I succeed in that goal, I will increase it. Looking forward to this journey with all of you. :+1:

Hi corrienhenson, glad to see you here. You can do this!

• AnnofB
    Options
    lidenalex wrote: »
    AnnofB and texasgardner, thank you for reading our goals, cheering us on and giving us positive feedback. <3<3<3

14/75

Alex, you have been an inspiration for me throughout the year... wow has it been a year, I think it has. Amazing how time flies. Glad you are here and still marching!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    While I won't be participating in the Jan 2015 LS Walk Challenge, I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year, and let you know I will be cheering you on!!!! :

Sue, wish you could walk with us but I know you have some particular challenges at the moment. Thanks for your support!

• Hazel_nuts
    Hazel_nuts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been away from exercising due to illness for several months, and I'm so happy to be able to get back into it. I'm setting a goal of 50 miles for the rest of this month.

Today I did LS 2 mile express.

Goal: 50 / Remaining: 48
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Walked 2 miles outside today...might do a DVD this afternoon as well.

6/50
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Jan 1st 3 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 2nd 3 miles 3 Mile Walk
    Jan 3rd 2 miles Belly Blasting Walk
    Jan 4th 2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 5th 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge 12/60
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

1.2 - Walk off Fat Fast - 30 minutes
    1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts & Walk Blasters Light & Flexibility Walks
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in albeit a bit late. I'm going for 100 miles for January (that's exercise plus fitbit steps)!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    24/75
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    January 5: 3 Miles from 5 Day Walk Plan, though I may throw another mile or two in later before bed :smile:

3/25
  • shauser61
    shauser61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    shauser61 wrote: »
    I'm new to this post but I do have several of the dvds. I did use them in the past but always stop after a couple of months. Please help me get on track. I'm 53 and need to lose at least 40 pounds (menopause is killing me). I have to start off slow due to an illness . I will start with 1 mile today and my goal will be to do at least 8 miles in my 1st 7 days.

Hi shauser61,
    Welcome. Just take your time and don't let your goal of losing 40 lbs overwhelm you. Walking is great for dealing with stress that menopause brings. Ask me how I know! Ha-ha. Just do what you can-as Leslie says, every step counts. Got a good group of supporters here so join in and keep walking!

• shauser61
    shauser61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Monday: (1.5) 3 miles: 5K With a Twist

3 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise.

My goal for January: 2-3miles or 30-45 minutes 6 days a week.

So far: 10 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 5 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise

:flowerforyou:

Welcome to new walkers that joined since Sunday :smiley: . Also I'm delighted with all the new miles and posts to read. I'll catch up with everyone much later tomorrow as it is already very early 'tomorrow' (Tuesday) while I'm posting about Monday. <3
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    There's just something about completing a 5K before 8:00AM - Happy Tuesday!

1.2 - Walk off Fat Fast - 30 minutes
    1.5 - 2M Power Walk w/Friends + 2 Lb wgts & Walk Blasters Light & Flexibility Walks
    1.6 - 5K with a Twist

Walk Strong today for your healthy mind!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    20/75 3 Miles with Bandi and 1 Mile Walk This Way
  • vlmcmurray
    vlmcmurray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just found your group. I have several of Leslie's dvds and enjoy using them when it's too cold to walk outside. I have been using MFP for several months to track my food and exercise, and it has been a great (and FREE!) tool to help me lose weight! But I would like to get more involved in the site for encouragement and motivation. I swim as well as walk for exercise, and my walking goal for the month is 50 miles. I've walked 9 so far; 41 to go!

Ginny

• corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    January 6: 4 Miles from 5 Day Walk Plan

7/25
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    whoo! Just did " Fast and Firm 4 big miles" and loved it! It's snow outside so this was perfect and I feel great now.

10/50 so far
  • KnittingRing
    Options
    Welcome, Nancy! That sounds like a great goal for January!

And, I should amend mine ... it is not 60 POUNDS, but 60 miles. Too much sugar from the holidays. As of today, I'm at 14/60. Happy walking!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Jan 1st 3 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 2nd 3 miles 3 Mile Walk
    Jan 3rd 2 miles Belly Blasting Walk
    Jan 4th 2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down
    Jan 5th 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    Jan 6th 2 miles 30 minutes to Fitness
    14/60