The Cast

Options

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Oh heck I need to friend him. Could you imagine their training sessions? I bet they are crazy hard. How would you workout with a sweaty Kenta right there? In public? Where if you do anything naughty you could be arrested? Stupid laws!

I do have to say watching Omar and David do fast feet and then David and Ken do burpees on Cardio 2 makes the workout pretty hot. I won't be getting sick of cardio 2. mmmyeah. lol
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    lol..you are crazy lol. I would be soooo embarrassed to workout in front of kenya. I workout in front of a mirror to make sure my form stays on point, but the way I look sometimes during my workout ...is far from cute lol.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Yeah there is no way in hell I'd do ANY jumping exercises in front of Kenta. I'm glad he can't see me through the TV.

Workout 8 one of the cardios is Rock Star Jumps, which are not my favorite, but whatever. But watching David do them HOLY CRAP. It's hot. He also does jack knife crunches in Workout 7 with weights and just cranks them out. It's really nice watching him. I mean that in a totally pervy way and not in the he gives me motivation way. lol Well maybe a bit of motivation, but mostly pervy thoughts.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    lmao!!! Yeah David rocks out in all of his workouts..I notice that in workout 4 last night. We were doing some sort of one leg jump..I think that's the one you said where he was jumping so high he looked like a tree lol...yeah. I'm sitting there like damn...how is he doing that...he must have springs in his shoes or something lol.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Omg yeah! He's like Tigger! Him and Ken can jump crazy high!

Terri does smile waaaaay more the harder the exercise is. I imagine in Phase 3 she starts looking like the Jack Nicholson Joker.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    lmao @the joker haha!!

I did notice that Terri goes way harder in DVD 3 versus whatever she was doing in Cardio 1 ..shocked me. I thought she was just a filler the way she was throwing them punches in cardio 1 lol, maybe it was a off day.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    There are some workouts she gets crazy in, especially when Jillian is right there. But in cardio 2 during plie hops she is sucking at them. I am too so I'm not judging, but she is also one of Jillian's people so I expect a bit more.

Jillian kind of gets mad at some people in Workout 7. Mimi, Lana, and some other chick (Terri maybe, I can't remember) are using light weights when Jillian specifically says use the heavy ones. Lana has an excuse because Jillian gives Lana's 8's to David, but she gets mad. She also tells Mimi to get up during the plank-a-palooza that is Circut 1 in that workout. It makes me glad she can't see me. lol
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    haha!!! Jillian got crazy on em lol. WOW! that was probably a laugh, but yes! luckily she can't see us. Sometimes I don't start exactly when they start...I wait for like 5 seconds lol.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I'm always behind on all the ones where you have to wrap the cord around your feet. I'm also always yelling "SLOW DOWN" at the TV during that time, because ya know, they'll hear me. lol My remote is usually clear across the room during that time as well.
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The one time I rushed trying to get the cable Stafford around my feet for cable pulls, I didn't wrap it, just looped it. MISTAKE! Damn cable snapped off my feet during a pull and whipped my boobies so hard it left welts! I was laughing and crying at the same time! The rest of that workout was worthless cuz I wanted to take my ball and go home. Lol
  • qhiggins86
    Options
    Wrapped, not Stafford. Wtf phone!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    LOL OMG OWIE!!! I'm so worried about snapping myself with that thing. lol

OH OH OH!!! So I watched workout 9 to get an idea of what I'm up against today and Jillian brings Kenta to the front (he's in the clear back) and makes him show everyone the exercise he made up. Awww yeah.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I know he showed out!!!! So did workout 9 seem way crazy or not really
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Uh workout 9 and 10 look really hard. Not going to lie. You get into a ton of jump training. Cardio 3 looks redonkulous. Your 1 minute of cardio in 10 is with weights to make it harder. Oh I can't remember which one it is, I think 9, you do Rock Star Jumps as part of your warm up. To me I know its going to be a beast when you do your hard exercises from before as a warm up. Oh and all her beautiful people look like they are about to fall over dead too, which didn't make me feel any better about things. lol

I had to switch my rest days to Monday so I did her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD on Sunday - which was way easier after doing Body Revolution! Seriously before that was her hardest DVD for me. Tonight I do workout 9. If I can get through this week I will be very proud of myself because I really wonder if I will be able to do some of this stuff.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Okay I did workout 9 last night and 90% of that sucker is in plank it seems like. It would have been easier for me if my foot where I cracked a bone in it a few years ago wasn't hurting from the cold @$$ weather that came in last night (its 9 degrees now but the wind chill makes it feel -20) and if my boyfriend wasn't taking up half my workout space playing with the dog. It is HARD though. There are things called dive bombs where you are in down dog position and then move into an updog position by pushing your head forward. I had a hard time with those and I could not do rock n' roll squats, which are doing a squat, then going down to the floor, doing a backwards crunch and then popping back up on your feet. Its mostly body weight work. We used the resistance band once and I think we only used weights, 5's and 3's twice. It's going to be do-able eventually, just this was the roughest first night workout I've had this whole time.
  • qhiggins86
    Options
    How are the plyos in phase 3? I'm hoping my connective tissues get stronger as I do this program so I don't have to worry about my knees, but you never know...
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    For workout 9 the plyos aren't terrible. I know in workout 10 you do jump lunges, which hurt my knees when I did them before in 30 Day Shred - but that was when I was first starting to workout and my knees have gotten somewhat better since then. Also you can modify them by just switching legs and not going down in the lunge. I haven't done 10 and Cardio 3 yet. I will let you know how the plyo feels for those, but with 9 it didn't hurt my knees at all. Now my quads and shoulders are hurting, but there are a LOT of planks and holding chair pose, then the friggen squat jacks which kill your quads. I know in workout 10 for cardio you hold your weights a lot for it to make things harder. Oh and the warm up for workout 9 is rough. High kicks, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, and something else (I can't remember). 9 is a beast. But the only bad pain I got from it was in my wrists from all the plank poses, none of the plyo was too rough.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    aaaaaaah!!!! my knees hurt....why jillian why!!! this is so not cool, cold weather plus painful knees. Well actually I only feel the pain when I do those damn forward and backward lunges. smh!

HA! I think workout 3 is killing me lol....I'm not even close to workout 9, but I'm sure my body strength will progress as I go along. My house has been sooooo cold that my body has barely been able to move let alone ...workout! So normally when I don't workout when I'm suppose to...and then try to jump back in like everything is normal. My body doesn't react the same. I feel like a TRUE fat girl that out of shape!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I hear ya!!! OMG my knees and foot have been killing me with this weather! I'm so stiff. After like the first 2 circuts I'm warm to where I can move fine but before that its rough. My boyfriend must run hot or something because he keeps setting the thermostat at 68 and is STILL hot. I'm over there worrying that if I go to the bathroom it will come out as ice cubes because I'm so cold.

Your body will get a lot stronger and be able to handle workout 9 when you get to it. I know if I had skipped Phase 2 and went to Phase 3 after 1, I wouldn't have been able to do hardly any of this. Workout 10 isn't bad. I actually liked it. It works your hammies and glutes like crazy. Lots of plyo in it. And LOTS of different squats. It wasn't too bad doing the plyo, I actually didn't have problems with it like I did back when I did 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30, so the program has helped some of my joint problems.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    that's great. My knees never warm up lol...Every time I get down there...my knees are screaming..Lord Jesus my goodness please help meh!!! smh... Unfortunately my house was built in the 50s....so we don't even have a thermostat...we have to depend on electric heaters..and some big gas fire machine that's hanging off my wall smh. looks like it was built in 1920 lol. I'm excited for Phase 2 & 3...but yet so nervous..