Favorite Anime

Options

Replies

• adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Full Metal Alchemist. Brotherhood is amazing. I also love Inuyasha, and Bleach. I've been meaning to watch Attack on Titan. I've heard its awesome.

i actually forgot to mention FMA it was the first anime i watched fully the first series was great and Brotherhood was just as good but i preferred the original
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've gotten out of the habit of watching anime, but some of my all-time favorites include:
    Fruits Basket
    I My Me Strawberry Eggs
    Cowboy Bebop
    Tri Gun
    The Slayers
    Full Metal Alchemist
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options

black bullet i havent seen whats the story line on it?

A near future, where humans have been defeated by the viral parasites named Gastrea. The Gastrea aren't microscopic, they are enormous. Humans have been exiled into a small territory and live in despair, side-by-side in terror.

In this world trapped in darkness—

Rentaro, a young man living near Tokyo and member of the "Civil Security"—an organization specializing in fighting against the Gastrea—is used to accomplishing dangerous tasks. His partner is Enju, a precocious young girl. They fight thanks to their peculiar powers until one day, when they receive a special assignment from the government. This top secret mission is to prevent the destruction of Tokyo...

Set in a near future.

I wish the description did it justice. It's a good show.
  • elixile
    elixile Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've also fallen a bit out of synch with watching regular anime, though I'm currently blasting through Attack on Titan, which is enjoyable. Ultimate faves will have to be:

- Full Metal Alchemist. Brotherhood is the better version by far, but I loved the original too, especially for the first part of the story (just more impactful)
    - Gungrave
    - Trigun
    - Cowboy Bebop
    - Hellsing

There's so, so many others I love too, but they're the classics for me! I agree with Rurouni Kenshin - but for the manga only, not the anime (same with Saiyuki).

We should have a recommendations thread :) Oh and Death Note Live Action has been out for ages, part 1 & 2. They're... not good imo. Can't wait to see the Rurouni Kenshin Live Action though!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

black bullet i havent seen whats the story line on it?

A near future, where humans have been defeated by the viral parasites named Gastrea. The Gastrea aren't microscopic, they are enormous. Humans have been exiled into a small territory and live in despair, side-by-side in terror.

In this world trapped in darkness—

Rentaro, a young man living near Tokyo and member of the "Civil Security"—an organization specializing in fighting against the Gastrea—is used to accomplishing dangerous tasks. His partner is Enju, a precocious young girl. They fight thanks to their peculiar powers until one day, when they receive a special assignment from the government. This top secret mission is to prevent the destruction of Tokyo...

Set in a near future.

I wish the description did it justice. It's a good show.

We should have a competition to see how many Anime/Manga are based on a post apocalyptic utopia/dystopia world :laugh:
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options

We should have a competition to see how many Anime/Manga are based on a post apocalyptic utopia/dystopia world :laugh:

I wish ALL of them! I love that genre!
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So many animes to love! I also read a lot of manga...for a lot of my favorites I've watched the anime and read the manga and loved both.

My long-running favorites are:
    Detective Conan
    Cowboy Bebop - Spike is the man
    Trigun
    Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
    Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Inuyasha
    Black Jack
    Fruits Basket

Some new additions to the favorites list:
    Spice and Wolf
    Blue Exorcist
    Sword Art Online <3<3<3
    Attack on Titan
    Hunter x Hunter

And anything and everything that Miyazaki has created. :)
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I like Hellsing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZxBcqrOS3d1cpdTgSfXWXc9T3_D5An0O722H3ltL9w4-DfZZSHw

Also Bleach (though I admit to losing interest after the first 100), Naruto (same about losing interest after the first 100), Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop.

I think I just lost geek cred.
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't like anime mostly, but I do have a few I like.

Loved Samurai Champloo, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist.

Recently, I really enjoyed Noragami- on Netflix.
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have seen so many great anime series. If I had to pick one favorite (note this is a most difficult choice!) it would have to be Elfen Lied.
  • Bri_Wags90
    Options
    Dragon Ball z. Hands down is the best. Can anyone suggest other good anime that is similar?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I've been watching alot of anime with my kids... Fairytale. Is awesome and legend of legendary heroes. Also watched attack on titan. Trigun has always been a favorite as well as initial D
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched in a few years. Most of my viewing was from late 80's to early 2000. Some of my faves:
    El Hazard
    Tenchi
    Slam Dunk!
    Kimagure (sp) Orange Road
    Love Hina
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    There's too many to count. But out of the currently airing seasons? It has to be Parasyte -the maxim-
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bri_Wags90 wrote: »
    Dragon Ball z. Hands down is the best. Can anyone suggest other good anime that is similar?

Really, there are no anime quite like it. I always thought that Fist of the North Star was kind of similar, and I know we're talking DBZ here, but Hunter X Hunter also used to remind me of DB simply due to the art styles and such too.

As far as modern anime goes, I am at a loss for ya lol.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, for the storyline. Hetalia for fandom - some great fanart and fanfiction out there for Hetalia. I also love Bleach and One Piece but I read the manga for those. I also really liked Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, and have a great many old favourites too like DNAngel and D. Gray-Man. Oh, and Tiger & Bunny was amazing!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Ghost In The shell (boo on the casting of the live action movie) and Evangelion. I don't watch that many new anime because all you hear about is a lot of the crappy stuff toonami has on. So much gets imported that you only end up hearing about by word of mouth. That said i do wish they'd make some more Excel Saga and maybe a Phoenix Wright anime. Getting kinda sick of all the Appleseed remakes though.
  • Eggsweet
    Eggsweet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Classics: Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Evangelion, Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin.

Recent: Mushishi, Madoka Magica, Baccano!, Psycho Pass and Kuroko no Basuke.

Just joined group, hi!
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I notice no one is mentioning whether they are watching subtitles or dubbed versions. Sometimes they've done a really good job with the dubbing, but others just break your heart. I grew up watching Voltron, and now that I've seen Golion its practically like watching an entirely different show. Half of the stuff that's been "cleaned up" for american broadcast has had to make terrible revisions. Cardcaptor Sakura is a thousand times better than Cardcaptors, so much of the character development is destroyed because we can't have a boy have a crush on a man! Entire episodes don't make sense. I've heard that Yugioh and One Piece have the same problem. I watched all of Slayers/Next/Try on VHS, and loved them but as soon as I got the DVD I discovered that I couldn't stand the actress they chose for Lina. She's no Megumi Hiyashibara that's for sure! My kids are not allowed to watch it until they can keep up with the subs.

That said I'll watch Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and FMA either way. Though I won't swear to the quality of FMA, I haven't watched enough to really judge. And all of the Miyzaki films dubbed since they started working with Disney in the late 90s have been excellent.

Most recently just watched Attack on Titan and SAO. Tried Death Note but couldn't get into it. Some of my old favorites I've yet to mention are Outlaw Star, Rayearth, Tenchi Muyo, Lodoss War, Unico, and Fushigi Yugi (shut-up, I got attached in High School) i wish Shamanic Princess had been a whole series. . . or that I could find the disk :(