Favorite Anime

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Subbed all the way. I can handle dubbed, but I feel the emotions in the voices just don't feel the same.

I also don't mean to offend with this statement, but watching dubbed anime with strong American accents voicing the characters is kinda offputting for me. I recently watched "The girl who leapt through time" dubbed, and the way they said"Sousuke" really grated on my nerves.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Cowboy Bebop & Samurai Champloo need to be dubbed, because Steve Blum. Stuff like Attack on Titan HAS to be subbed, just for the raw emotion that comes across in the language. The line I draw in the sand, is that how you start it needs to be how you finish it. I tried switching in the middle of a series once and it just made the whole thing weird.

I'm on a anime hiatus right now as I finished Death Note a little while ago and it screwed me up. I'm just getting back to the point where I can sleep through the night without hearing a voice saying, "Delete! Delete! Delete!"
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    I have seen so many great anime series. If I had to pick one favorite (note this is a most difficult choice!) it would have to be Elfen Lied.

I wanted to love this show so bad! But the noise she kept making just grated on me too much. I'll have to try again since it came to me so highly recommended, but I'm taking my time getting to it.

• E_Goldfish
    E_Goldfish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Old school, probably Tenchi Muyo (OVAs). In recent seasons, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Hunter x Hunter, SAO (still working my way through the Gun Gale online season(s))

Re: Sub vs Dub - In most situations, I prefer dub. Although now that you can get both on one dvd/bluray, there's no need to pick. :) Excel Saga was annoying in BOTH languages. (and I loved that show)
  • hemmymomma
    hemmymomma Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im liking death note right now. Attack on Titan next. My brother suggested naruto so Im going to check that put next.
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    Moribito. For whatever reason, I absolutely loved that show. The episode where she goes full tiger mode was amazing.
  • LadyOfNightfall
    LadyOfNightfall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Most of my favorites are older: Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon (I've only seen the first three episodes of the remake), Gungrave, InuYasha, Fruits Basket, Chobits, Pretear, Ah! My Goddess, and Rune Soldier.

I'm not really caught up on current stuff, but some newer ones that I've liked are Black Butler, Sword Art Online, and Ouran High School Host Club.

Currently, I'm watching Legend of the Legendary Heroes. I like it so far, but the sudden change in atmosphere in the first few episodes threw me for a loop! The first episode makes you thing it is a light-hearted comedic anime. Then MASSIVE BLOOD AND GORE EVERYWHERE!!! O.O

As far as subbed vs. dubbed goes, I prefer dubbed. I'm a somewhat slow reader, so just getting past the occasional (for me, anyway) voice irritation isn't really a big deal.
  • liinvers
    Options
    I haven't watched a lot of the newer stuff and more into the older. For newer maybe 'Blue Excorsis(sp)"
    Recently however I've been rewatching the original Digimon series and preparing for the relaunch :smiley:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Most of my favorites are older: Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, Saiolor Moon (I've only seen the first three episodes of the remake), Gungrave, InuYasha, Fruits Basket, Chobits, Pretear, Ah! My Goddess, and Rune Soldier.

I'm not really caught up on current stuff, but some newer ones that I've liked are Black Butler, Sword Art Online, and Ouran High School Host Club.

Currently, I'm watching Legend of the Legendary Heroes. I like it so far, but the sudden change in atmosphere in the first few episodes threw me for a loop! The first episode makes you thing it is a light-hearted comedic anime. Then MASSIVE BLOOD AND GORE EVERYWHERE!!! O.O

As far as subbed vs. dubbed goes, I prefer dubbed. I'm a somewhat slow reader, so just getting past the occasional (for me, anyway) voice irritation isn't really a big deal.

my kids and I are watching legend of legendary heroes and we love it.

I only watch dubbed with my kids,they just can't read fast enough for subbed.. When its just the roommate and I watch on our own it's subbed. I just generally prefer it to the American voices
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Dragonball Z has to be my all time favorite :3 But I also like Hunter x hunter, Naruto, Hajime no Ippo, Angel beats, Mirai nikki, Shingeki no kyoujin, Kuroko no basket and Free! :P There's probably something I forgot...
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    Dragonball Z has to be my all time favorite :3 But I also like Hunter x hunter, Naruto, Hajime no Ippo, Angel beats, Mirai nikki, Shingeki no kyoujin, Kuroko no basket and Free! :P There's probably something I forgot...

Angel Beats... One of those shows that offered my soul joy and happiness with one hand, and with the other ripped my heart in two. The end of that show, just too much.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Indeed. T_T
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone finally mentioned Black Butler. I was starting to feel all alone in my fan-love.

Also among my favorites are Death Note, Madoka Magica, Trigun, Spirited Away, and Ponyo.

I usually watch dubbed because I am almost always multitasking on my computer and my eyes are elsewhere.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I just caught Ghost in the shell: Arise. For sure not the best version of GIS. They bothered to get the actress from Stand Alone complex but don't let her voice the Major. Kinda insulting if you ask me.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sailor Moon
    The Slayers <3 Lina Inverse

omg I loved those so much!! <3
    Also Dragon Ball and dragon Ball Z
    Sakura card captor,hunter x hunter, FMA...
    At least those are all I remember now, man I need to catch up in some of this things too college drains me in all anime and manga wise x.x (and anything non-college related really)
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I remember when anime wasn't nearly this popular in the 90s lol. It was finally getting big back in 1997 around here when i went to art school and folks were doing their own fansubs of new stuff that Japanese students brought back with them. I can go either way with dubbed or subbed although for stuff like Stand alone complex i go dubbed as the acting is really good. Anything by Manga Entertainment though i go for subbed as they're like the Troma of anime acting.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I don't Anime, I Manga.
    ok what is the difference?

As for my favorite anime it would be ranma one half, ghost in the shell and samari champloo.

• MagJam2004
    Options
    I don't Anime, I Manga.
    ok what is the difference?

As for my favorite anime it would be ranma one half, ghost in the shell and samari champloo.

Manga are the books. You read manga.

Anime are the shows. You watch anime.

Took me a while to know the difference, but then I grew up before the internet and didn't have the kind of help kids have nowadays.

On a different note, I found Moribito on Amazon Prime Video, but it isn't free and I'll have to pay for it. Ugggghhhhh...
  • hemmymomma
    hemmymomma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched a ton of anime, but my favorites are sailor moon, dragon ball z, death note, and attack on Titan. Attack on Titan is my favorite right now. Just started watching naruto as well !
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    Angel Beats

15%2B-%2B1