Options
    4.12 miles walked today

68.99 miles walked to date
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,832 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

1/14

(Exercise bike 35.61 miles and walk 1.25 miles)

**total 36.86 miles today

***458.88 miles done and 491.12 miles to go.... :)
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    @Anaconda469 - please kick those morons out of your head right now! Don't place any meaning on idiots who are clueless. I'm not a cyclist but I've learned some things on here from you and the others and it's impressive to say the least. You're only competing with yourself, like we all are on here, and you're winning, right? So, ignore them (or give them a rude hand gesture next time) and keep doing the incredible work you've been doing so far.

The "ice storm" that wasn't much and a busy day forced me to do a mile of running and one of walking on the indoor track before my TRX class. They were supposed to be a mile each, but my running time was over my usual - there's 10.2 laps to a mile on the lane I used. So, I'm going with 2 and will crank out more tomorrow. It's supposed to be a balmy 35 degrees.

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Back with an easy 3 mile run today. I'm transitioning into a new training program this week. My next race is the London marathon in April and I want to see if I can pick up my pace. I'll be running more often and longer on the new program. Fingers crossed I can stick with it.
    exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    1/14- 3.3 miles running

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    Good end to the calendar week. Weather OK, Wind was sure cold though. Glad I had on fleece today. Started off slow, still PO'ed from yesterday, then I just threw myself back into training mode. I have at least 3 tours planned for this year. That and I will be doing the Mt Rainier ride again, a Mt Saint Helens Tour Des Blast Zone ride. All on my trusty Frankenbike plus Bend Oregon to Mt Bachelor, which is a very beautiful ride.

01/08 - 13.0 miles cycling
    01/09 - 12.0 miles cycling
    01/10 - 2.0 miles walking
    01/11 - 2.0 miles walking
    01/12 - 13.0 miles cycling
    01/13 - 9.0 miles cycling
    01/14 - 11.0 miles cycling

Total: 103.0 miles

exercise.png

• watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Jan 2: 11 km bike
    Jan 6: 4 km elliptical
    Jan 12: 6.5 km elliptical
    Jan 13: 20 km spinning
    Jan 14: 17 km bike

exercise.png

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles

exercise.png

• jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    1/14 - 1.05 mile walk
    - 6.3 miles exercise bike

oJjKm6.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Was running abit late this morning but I got in 6 on ex bike before work. I'm glad I do the bike in the morning before work because my job is physical & I'm on my feet for 7 hrs straight & by the time I get home I'm about shot!

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    1/14- 3 miles walk/run

exercise.png

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in there. 3.75 miles yesterday (Beautiful crisp day at the nature center) and 2 miles today (decided a lunchtime walk was more productive that screaming in frustration at work).

January total 38.5 miles

m1dCm6.png

@anaconda Use that anger at those jerks to keep on training. No One has the right to judge how we choose to ride, run, walk etc. Anyone who thinks that is OK behavior usually has more money than sense. You have accomplished so much with what you have, and you deserve to be proud of that, not embarrassed. (I really wish some people would just grow out of the mean kids stage. It is not funny just immature.)

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,371 Member
    Options
    anaconda - You are doing a fantastic job. Ignore them.

Mon - 3.14 miles -- plus 60 mins at the gym w/DD
    Tues - 2.49 miles -- searched out my pillow by 7:30
    Wed - 7.82 miles -- got it all done!

exercise.png

I hope everyone has a grand Thursday!

Chris
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.03 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Put a rough 3.3 miles in on the treadmill this evening. I felt every step. lol

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    21.2 miles on the bike tonight.
    MTD: 133.56
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

We're half-way through the month, folks. Take an assessment of where you are, where you're headed, and make a plan to get to the goal. YOU CAN DO IT.

Dave - man - those miles are hard - where your legs feel like lead and every step sucks. Thank goodness not every time is like that, huh?!
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    2.6 for me...mostly walking. I started as a run but my back is acting up. It's an unusual kind of pain for me, and I'm not sure what I did, but it hurt too much to run. Which really Bummed me out. :disappointed: hoping that by the weekend it'll feel better!

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    Went out for a ride today, it started out great. Ran into a couple of road cyclists (expensive bikes, full kits, road cycling pedals/shoes, the whole bit) today. I was stopped drinking water. Was asked what I was doing, said training. For what I was asked, for half and full century tours I said. I was told to get a proper road bike, get rid of the junk I have and then road ride, that I am not a proper cyclist. The two guys laughed and took off. Well to say that I was discouraged is an under statement. So I just cut off my ride and came home. Am feeling sad right now, all of the miles I have ridden, all the weight I have lost, and I love to ride tours. Oh well......maybe I will just give up and sell my bike and be done with it. Sorry for the rant, but I feel we are all friends here and I have no one else to vent to.

01/08 - 13.0 miles cycling
    01/09 - 12.0 miles cycling
    01/10 - 2.0 miles walking
    01/11 - 2.0 miles walking
    01/12 - 13.0 miles cycling
    01/13 - 9.0 miles cycling

Total: 92.0 miles

exercise.png

Or maybe you should keep training and then kick their a$$es. That's not cool for a cyclist to do. Ask any good club rider and they will tell you those are wannabes, not cyclists. I've ridden with several professional cyclists and they all had nothing but encouragement for me to keep it up. Then they kicked my tail and left me in the dust. Don't be discouraged. Take it as a challenge and train harder. There is no better revenge than success.
This discussion has been closed.