Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Tappy44 wrote: »
    Hi! I just joined this group and I am going to start the C25K program on Monday again. I say again because I have completed it once about 3 years ago. Is this a pretty active group?

Fairly active, but goes in spurts!

Welcome to the group and good luck with c25k!

• DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 done. I have to laugh though because I think I actually run slower than I walk! But. I. Totally. Did. It.!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    dstirratt wrote: »
    Week 1 Day 1 done. I have to laugh though because I think I actually run slower than I walk! But. I. Totally. Did. It.!

Oh, indeed, I did that too many times. It's quite normal. Congrats on having started the programme!
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 yesterday!
  • mishycat74
    mishycat74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I haven't run at all since doing cross country at school many many years ago but I decided since I walk regularly that I'd give C25K a try. I have just completed Week 1 Day 1 and only thought I was going to die once towards the end. I may have started a little too fast and think I may have to start a little slower on Thursday when all being well I'll attempt Day 2. :)
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    well done everyone xxx week 1 day 2 complete xx
  • sharris215
    sharris215 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group but I'm starting Week 2 tonight. Does anybody else enjoy running in the cold? I'm actually looking forward to bundling up a little and warming up as I run.
  • iainletham61
    Options
    Onto W4 D1 now doing it on Thursday
  • kdanielson77
    Options
    Today was Week 2 Day 1
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and started Week 2 today as well. It was 20 degrees where I live so I did it on the treadmill.

I have tried running before but have failed. Now that I have the C25K app, I'm actually...enjoying it! I love seeing my progress on the log after every workout, and picking the emoticon to describe how I did gives me a smile, even if I've struggled that day.
  • chelm1222
    chelm1222 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    dstirratt wrote: »
    Have been walking 30-45 minutes everyday since Christmas 2 weeks ago. Wednesday tried 2 minutes run, 3 minutes walk for 45 minutes. Downloaded the C25K instructions and will give W1D1 a try tonight. Trying a 5k event on Mother's day weekend in May.

It's good that you will stick to the programme in order to advance slowly enough for your body to adjust. 5K in May sounds excellent, have fun preparing for it!

chelm1222 wrote: »
    Week 2 Day 1 done today, but had to decrease the speed slightly. Hopefully the day 2 I will be able to run at the previous speed I was running with the first week. I will also not run 2 days in a row; at least not until I'm a bit more used to running.

Just listen to your body without worrying about speed right now. It's more important that you manage to run when there's a running interval, than how fast you're doing it. You should preferably not run 2 days in a row ever during C25K. Happy runs, keep going!

I'm definitely too much of a competitive person to not run when I'm supposed to run during the interval. I'm also a bit of a lazy one if I don't have anything pushing me to try harder. I like doing some of it by speed (as long as I'm capable of running the entire interval) that way I can push myself to improve. Finished Week 2 Day 2 today and it was a much better run and I had quite a bit more energy than last run.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    edited January 2015
    Options
    W1/D2 completed. It was easier than day 1 which was the goal! Did on the treadmill @ 3mph when walking and 4 mph when running. Averaged out to be about a 19minute mile. I did just over 1.5 miles in 30 minutes.

Waiting until it is at least above zero to try outside.

Diana
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    sharris215 wrote: »
    I just joined the group but I'm starting Week 2 tonight. Does anybody else enjoy running in the cold? I'm actually looking forward to bundling up a little and warming up as I run.

I enjoy running in the cold (much more so than the heat!), but I'm having trouble figuring out the right amount of layers to wear for the temp! I either wear too much or not enough!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 3 complete. It went well. Pushed hard and ran completely through all sections. I'll have a rest day tomorrow and I'm going to redo week 2, day 2 because that was a hot mess.

I love running in the "cold"...that is "cold" because I live in Florida and it was 40s last week, 60s this week. When it's going to be 70/80s and muggy that will suck!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    New to this thread!
    Tomorrow (okay, I guess it's technically today since its after midnight) I do W3D3. So far, so good. Starting week 3 scared me to death, but I was able to do it. It wasn't easy… but I did it. Which was huge for my self-confidence. However… I really need to make my way to the local running store and buy proper shoes for running.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 3 complete. It went well. Pushed hard and ran completely through all sections. I'll have a rest day tomorrow and I'm going to redo week 2, day 2 because that was a hot mess.

If W2D3 went well, maybe retake only one day of week 2?
    New to this thread!
    Tomorrow (okay, I guess it's technically today since its after midnight) I do W3D3. So far, so good. Starting week 3 scared me to death, but I was able to do it. It wasn't easy… but I did it. Which was huge for my self-confidence. However… I really need to make my way to the local running store and buy proper shoes for running.

Welcome! I know the standard comment on MFP is to get fitted for shoes, but some people seem to think it's all right to wait a few weeks into C25K until you've eased into running a bit, found your form so to speak. Have fun at the store, buying gear is surprisingly addicting I find, much nicer than trying to fit normal clothing/accessories that fit.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    Options
    W1D3 done last night. After the 30 minutes I finished walking out the rest of the 5k. Time was 57 minutes. Just walking tonight - no running. Will redo W1D3 tomorrow to get back on a MWF schedule (My OCD just can't handle starting Week 2 on a Friday!)
  • mishycat74
    mishycat74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 completed. It started off easier but by last two sections I was again a hot mess with achy muscles. Hope nobody I want to impress saw me. ;)
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    I started my C25K on Monday - completed Day 1 like a champ. Now my goal is to stay within my calories limits, which is a HUGE struggle for me. Hope to run a few 5k's this summer. Good luck to everyone!
  • preetikasharma
    preetikasharma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week. I had done half of the program in 2013 so I know I can do it again and full this time, hopefully I'll be regular. :smile: