Replies

• dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @larosa217 Thank you so much! :)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Wow, you can't check in for a week and I come back a bunch of new faces! Super excited to have all the new 30 somethings in the group! Feel free to join into any challenges that are going on (in the announcements thread).
  • YesImThatJames
    YesImThatJames Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm James, 32 and turning 33 in a few months. I'm new to losing weight and the gym. I've been living with my other half for almost 3 years and we have 4 fur babies. I've been heavy most of my life and finally decided enough was enough.
  • katiekatkins1
    katiekatkins1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 34 and looking to decrease my waistline and improve my general fitness! Feel free to add me if you want an inspiration buddy! Kate :)
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome to the group, hope everyone will succeed in their journeys! Hope to see you all in our threads and challengesm good luck!
  • thekatielong
    Options
    Hi my name is Kate, I'm 30 on my way to 31 in a few months. I must be honest, I am very embarrassed about how big I have become. My husband is very supportive and is cheering me on whatever I choose to do. In some ways I blame me being sick on getting this big but in all reality it's mostly my own fault. The medicine didn't help but I can't stay away from sweets. I started this app a bit ago but I would start and stop when I wasn't feeling good then just stopped because I became lazy.

I am ready for a change and I'm willing to do anything to loose this weight. I do need support because i have tried doing this on my own and failed numerous times. I thank you for allowing me into this group and I look forward to my new journey.
  • misimoo82
    misimoo82 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey , I'm from Essex, looking to loose a few pounds and get healthier after some family Health dramas ,
    Have to say 30's Rock so far ! Xx
  • kennethcanady9
    kennethcanady9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody, Just turned 35.... I started MFP early Jan 2015 @ 225 lbs. I'm 6' 2" currently 210 lbs.... Headed down to 190. Giving myself 6 months.

I'm just watching my food intake along with Mon,Wed & Fri = Cardio (T25 Workout) , Tues & Thurs = Lifting Weights. Relax on Sat & Sun.

Feel Free to Add me if you want an Inspiration/Support Friend,

Good Luck Everybody, Kenny!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Kate, Misimoo and Kenny! It is great to see so many new faces on the group. We have a couple of challenges going on, feel free to join in. A new miles challenge will be starting up in February and I will also be posting weekly challenges as much as I can. Feel free to join in, all challenges are up in the Announcements portion of the page. Also, feel free to try to start anything, this group is growing more active and we are hoping to keep it going!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hiya, My name's Angela, Im 32 (33 in March) and Im from New Zealand. Ive been on MFP for about 6mths and have lost about 20kgs (I think thats about 40lb?). Still have 15kg to go to get into my healthy weight range. Most of my exercise is running and cycling. Married, no kids, but have 2 cats and 4 chickens. Work full time and study part time extramurally. So free time is at a premium even without kids...
  • ae92jay
    ae92jay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Joe. I am 35 years old. I started MFP back in late September 2014. I used it until October and got lazy. I went from 155 lbs - 167 lbs by the end of November.

At the end of November I got so sick of the way I looked, and felt.
    So I started tracking my food, calorie intakes, and Joined the December & January Weight loss challenge.

Currently I am doing the February weight loss challenge, and 20 By Easter Challenge (140 lbs goal weight)

In two months I have went from 167 lbs - 152 lbs (15 pounds lost)

My goal is to be at my ultimate goal weight of 118 lbs by August 2015. Before my 36th birthday!

Hobbies:
    Spin bikes
    Outdoor cycling (road bike)

• bliddicoat
    Options
    Hi, I'm Becky, 31 amost 32 and would like to lose 100lbs. Married mom of 3 and in need of accountability buddies! Started eating healthier and need to start exercising, but motivation isn't always where I wish it was
  • ChaniGetsHealthy
    ChaniGetsHealthy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i am exactly 6 months away from turning 30 but i figured i'd join anyway! i am working my way toward gastric bypass surgery after failing at all other attempts to lose weight. i am married, no kids, and i have a cat and a dog. i work as a social worker and am working on a master's in public health right now. i live in Ohio and am currently buried under about a foot of snow!
  • Mslove9801
    Mslove9801 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 36, live in Washington state and just recently got divorced. I put on too much weight while I was married after having kids and I am determined to get healthy this year!

I am doing clean eating, intervals on the treadmill, yoga, walking my dogs and am thinking of adding weight lifting, but there are only so many hours in the day! I also work and go to school full time along with being a mom to two teenage boys. Writing this down makes my life look so much busier than it is! I make sure to take time for myself and once a week I just veg on the couch to decompress for a few hours with a good book or every once in awhile a Netflix marathon :)

Nice to meet you all!
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!!!! Please feel free to add me. I've been active on MFP for over a year and I log multiple times of day. I've had great success here!!!!!
  • blahblahsteph
    blahblahsteph Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Steph, I'm 31 and I'm ready for a change. I am hoping to find some friends on here to help keep me motivated through the loooong weight loss journey I have ahead of me. Feel free to add me. I think I'm a good friend in real life, so I'm pretty sure I'll be a good MFP friend too. We can take on our weight loss goals together. Yay.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Joe, Becky, shrinkthatgirl (love the name), MSlove9801, and Steph. I am so happy to see more people joining the group. Feel free to add me for additional support, I have been on MFP for almost 4 years and log in regularly.

We have a couple of challenges going on, feel free to join in. There is a weigh in challenge currently going on, we are 5 weeks in but still have 7 more to go. There is also a miles tracking challenge for February, set a goal and log miles. Also, there is a Fit Test you can take as a baseline so as time goes on your can see how your physical fitness improves. All of the challenges and related spreadsheets are in the threads in the "Announcements" part of the page!
  • ams4jc
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Ashley. I'm 31 and single. What matters to me most is Jesus and my family. I am so glad I found this app and am looking forward to really using it to benefit my goal of getting healthy inside and out. I look forward to getting healthy together in 2015!
  • ams4jc
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Ashley. I'm 31 and single. What matters to me most is Jesus and my family. I am so glad I found this app and am looking forward to really using it to benefit my goal of getting healthy inside and out. I look forward to getting healthy together in 2015!
  • enedhwaith
    enedhwaith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Agata, turning 35 in July, currently living in London. Struggling with my weight all my life pretty much and now being the heaviest ever - 205 pounds. Looking to loose 40 with healthier diet and mix of running and weights. Looking forward to doing it with you guys :-)
This discussion has been closed.