Virtual 5k Results ~ Post Here

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Sorry I am late on posting, I've been sick. I look forward to seeing everones results!!

Replies

• kayjosh2422
    Options
    Completed mine today, 50:28. Not the best but considering I have been in bed for two days sick, I'll take it. Did more walking than jogging :( but next time I know that time will improve!!
  • KayKayCPA
    KayKayCPA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Completed today 36:02. Haven't been running consistently for a few months. Started back up this week. Hope to see improved time over the next 3 weeks.
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Completed my walk/jog ... 3.1 miles (5k) on treadmill - 52:05 minutes. Not as good as I wanted, but that only gives me reason to improve, right!? And considering it's my first one EVER, I'm proud :)
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Reporting in :)

5.16km - 8,198 Steps - 1:02:24 Time - AvPace 19:27

I feel great. Other than my thighs freezing it was a great walk. I trust you all are complete the challenge.

Thanks for letting me know this thread was started. I moved mine over :)

• walking_woman
    Options
    Sorry I am late on posting, I've been sick. I look forward to seeing everones results!!

I trust you are feeling better soon.
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Completed my walk/jog on treadmill in 33:45. I just started training at the beginning of this month for a 5K. My time when I started was around 45 min so it's nice to see how it has already improved.
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    43:56
    First time I attempted a 5k. Needs work lol
  • walking_woman
    Options
    43:56
    First time I attempted a 5k. Needs work lol

You did it. It is your baseline to work from :) . Having done it means you completed the challenge :)
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'll just report based on my workout yesterday. Given I was not 5k-minded, but I always go at least that distance at the gym. I spent half the time walking, so there's plenty of room for improvement.

Time: 38:00
    Pace: 12:15 /mile
  • Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    uff, sorry for being late - 32:56, my fastest 5 km ever :)
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Completed yesterday w/ time of 1 hour 15 minutes. My 3 year old learning to ride a bike was involved :smiley: It was a lot of fun to take my mind off my inflamed hip flexor. Doctor has side lined any running for at least another week. Bummer. I feel like I'm losing my running conditioning hand over fist with being side lined so long. It's been 6 weeks now!
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    completed yesterday (1/25):
    3.1 miles in 47:09. Kinda sad since I have actually been trying to increase my speed. That's okay. I am going to figure out a training plan and try to get faster.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    great job everyone!!
  • walking_woman
    Options
    Soybeaner wrote: »
    Completed yesterday w/ time of 1 hour 15 minutes. My 3 year old learning to ride a bike was involved :smiley: It was a lot of fun to take my mind off my inflamed hip flexor. Doctor has side lined any running for at least another week. Bummer. I feel like I'm losing my running conditioning hand over fist with being side lined so long. It's been 6 weeks now!

Look at it this way. If you make sure you are healed before getting out there again you will not re-injure yourself.

Take the time. You are not wasting it. Possibly do some training for upper body? I broke my leg at one point and was out for over 12 weeks. 8in a cast and another 8 of physio. My calf lost 2 inches during that time. I was heavy into cardio and strength training. It killed me to stop but the injury was a way Mother Nature told me I was working it too hard.

Once the physio started I bounced back.

You can as well. Enjoy the time with your kids :)

• AmandaStrickland1
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    3.1 miles in 47:09. Kinda sad since I have actually been trying to increase my speed. That's okay. I am going to figure out a training plan and try to get faster.
    That's how I feel... but hey, we're doing it! I think I need to shorten my warm up and cool down. ;-) Our next one will be great!
  • mimi4janda
    mimi4janda Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am impressed at your times. I did mine on the treadmill, hope that explains part of my time--- 80 minutes. Maybe I would have jogged a bit outside. Can't wait to try again next month.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    That's how I feel... but hey, we're doing it! I think I need to shorten my warm up and cool down. ;-) Our next one will be great!

Thanks, I agree! It sounds like this was your first 5K. That is awesome! Congratulations! My picture shows me finishing my first 5k. It felt amazing. I finished at 51:04 so I have improved some.

My goal is to complete a 40 minute 5k. I am thinking of completing 1 mile at my fasted speed 3 days a week and completing 3-4 miles as my long run once weekly. Does anyone have any other ideas for me?
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    mimi4janda wrote: »
    Wow. I am impressed at your times. I did mine on the treadmill, hope that explains part of my time--- 80 minutes. Maybe I would have jogged a bit outside. Can't wait to try again next month.

You did great!
  • AmandaStrickland1
    Options

Thanks, I agree! It sounds like this was your first 5K. That is awesome! Congratulations! My picture shows me finishing my first 5k. It felt amazing. I finished at 51:04 so I have improved some.

My goal is to complete a 40 minute 5k. I am thinking of completing 1 mile at my fasted speed 3 days a week and completing 3-4 miles as my long run once weekly. Does anyone have any other ideas for me?

Yes, it was my first. Awesome pic! Great goal, too... I'm thinking of around the same for my goal. Keep up the great work, and you'll be there in no time! :)
  • Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey, I am doing a training plan on Endomondo for 10k at the moment and I love it, it is definitely worth giving a try. It has a lot of variation in the workouts, so it doesn't get so boring. I am in week 4 now and I am doing three runs per week, which are all 30 min long. One has 2 min intervals at moderate speed, 1 min recovery, and so on for 20 min (5 min warmup and 5 min cool down), next set is 1 min intervals with 1 min recovery, and third set is 5 1 min intervals with 30 sec recovery and then 30 sec intervals with 1 min recovery. Starting from week 5 the workouts get a bit longer, but the interval variation pretty much stays the same and that really seems to work for me to get a bit faster.