Virtual 5k Results ~ Post Here

Options
2»

Replies

• Farmgirlfit85
    Farmgirlfit85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So I have no idea what my 5k would be, but I did a 4.2 mile run in 55 min the other day WITH hills! I figure if I train for 4 miles, a 5k will feel like nothing!
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So I have no idea what my 5k would be, but I did a 4.2 mile run in 55 min the other day WITH hills! I figure if I train for 4 miles, a 5k will feel like nothing!

That's awesome!! Good job :-)
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Arbelina wrote: »
    Hi Tracey, I am doing a training plan on Endomondo for 10k at the moment and I love it, it is definitely worth giving a try. It has a lot of variation in the workouts, so it doesn't get so boring. I am in week 4 now and I am doing three runs per week, which are all 30 min long. One has 2 min intervals at moderate speed, 1 min recovery, and so on for 20 min (5 min warmup and 5 min cool down), next set is 1 min intervals with 1 min recovery, and third set is 5 1 min intervals with 30 sec recovery and then 30 sec intervals with 1 min recovery. Starting from week 5 the workouts get a bit longer, but the interval variation pretty much stays the same and that really seems to work for me to get a bit faster.

I think that I will check that out. Thanks!