New to EM2WL?? Read this!!!

Options
Jennbecca33
Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
If you're new to the EM2WL group, welcome! We're so glad you found us! There's lots of great info to read about in the Announcements and Forums below. You can also learn more about EM2WL and find additional support here:

The website offers additional Team Member support, personalized training, as well as support from other members trekking through the same journey. You can even start your own personal journal to help keep track of your progress!

You can also follow EM2WL on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter!!!!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to EM2WL. I have been on MyFitnessPal for about a month and still searching for the ultimate long term - life long way to lose a few pounds, get leaner and of course eat better to live longer. I reviewed the article at this start of message board and I would like to learn, share and hope to meet some new friends.
  • judias26
    judias26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to your group!
  • newsight
    newsight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tend to always think..not eating is better to lose weight...but know that in the past I have been on programs that I eat so much my question would be " do I have to eat all of this?" and I lost weight!!! So the key is keep your body fueled. Glad to be on this message board and hope to find some interesting ways to get healthier :)
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just joined this group and I'm amazed to see people who share my philosophy. Getting healthy should never come from starvation!!!!!
    Wow, it's amazing I didn't find this group before; I have been on this approach for over 8 months.
    I started in April 2014, with about 1400 cals, jumped to 1650 in May, 1830 in August and 2000 calories in October, all the while I have lost 60 lb with minimal cardio ( walking and occasionally hiit) and lifting heavy 2,3 times a week( 5x5).
    This approach worked so good for me, and I really tried to help my other MFP friends by recommending them to up their calories.....it's quite hard for them :( happy to see all the great articles here, I will be sure to post links for all my peeps to see.
    I would love more friends from this group, people like me who love to feed their bodies right!!!'
  • sailor51
    sailor51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new to all this and found this group. This is something that is hard for me to wrap my head around. Eat More to Lose the Weight!! Looking for encouragement and motivation. I generally eat healthy, except for this last week, and I am certainly feeling it. I think the reason I don't lose weight, is I don't eat enough, but I hope to change that.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi Sailor51 - welcome. Do a lot of reading and feel free to join us also at our website.
  • NDRuszczyk
    Options
    I am new to this blog and I hope that this helps me. I have been "watching" what I eat for 40 years!! lol I hear so many people say, you're not eating enough and I have to wonder if I fit that expression. It seems like I have been starving myself to drop just 5lbs and I just cant seem to drop them. So help!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi NDRuszczyk. Please post below and/or go to the main website with your story and stats and we'll try to help as best we can.
  • ptrevino25
    Options
    If this says you can eat what you want and still lose weight, how does that work? what needs to be done to make this possible? Please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it (*)
  • Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Ptrevino! EM2WL is not about eating all that you want and still losing weight. It's about eating at a smaller deficit that is more sustainable for our bodies. We still eat LESS than what we burn, but instead of eating 1000 calories less per day, we might eat 400 calories less per day. A smaller deficit allows us to eat more, but still lose weight. The weight comes off slower, but it's sustainable and is something we can maintain for a lifetime. Welcome!
  • cindyagray
    cindyagray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am joining to not only lose weight, but to manage my health. I want to learn how to eat right and not starve myself. I want to live to see my grandchildren someday.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that I found this group while scanning in communities today. I've realized that this is the way for me to lose weight that feels natural to me, and so far I've lost 3.6 lbs since January 1st by doing it on my own via MFP and Fitbit. I look forward to reading more articles and checking out the website at home (since it's blocked at work for some reason).
  • dimeda78
    dimeda78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have found this group. I am having a hard time eating enough to meet the minimum caloric intake for the day. I am eating but I'm not as hungry as the calories I'm supposed to eat. I even make sure I have healthy snacks. Maybe I can find some help in getting on track here.
  • Kerrymac14
    Kerrymac14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well hello, I am new and I really have problems with eating enough. I just started exercises but, with my bad back it is really hard to lose the weight. Plus, I run out of food. Being on disability. I am trying to save money for food later In the month. So......I need some help
  • scathey2011
    Options
    Hi all. I am new as well. Joined on Wed but have been dieting my entire life. I live this concept. I am trying to figure out mfp and I feel like I may not be eating enough. Imfo said like 2250 cals I decided to try 1800 a day but i gym it up at least 500 calories burned a session... How does the deficit come? If i burn 500 doesnt that put me at 1300 which is pretty low. 5'6 217 pounds 33 yrs
  • letsjustgetitdone
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm not new here. I WAS here several weeks ago, as mackemom, but left because I was not losing weight. Turns out, I wasn't losing because I had a grapefruit-sized tumor on my ovary, discovered January 1 2015. Had an emergency total abdominal hysterectomy...all is great now that I KNOW why I was just getting a bigger and bigger stomach....I was so frustrated because I was counting calories and working out (even wearing an armband to show daily calorie burn)....
    Now, I'm healing up for 6-8 weeks. I'm happy to be back. And so happy the tumor was not malignant. PRAISE God!
  • letsjustgetitdone
    Options
    I NEED FRIENDS! Add me if you want! ;)
  • cecezo
    cecezo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group and trying to lose 30 pounds. I see terms such as TDEE, RMR, BMR and more. I am so lost, I do not understand a thing. Please help.
  • cecezo
    cecezo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    and I need friends, Please invite
  • atroanirbas
    atroanirbas Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been on MPG for awhile. But never used it to its full capacity. So I have a goal to drop a pant size and keep it off permanently. Need some help with accountability. Lol. Add me!!!