Options
    Walked on treadmill, 5,000 steps daily goal, done. Yes :D
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    Way to go T!
  • bethlauren8
    bethlauren8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job T! I totally didn't want to, but I did my afternoon walk. A little over two miles, a little over 31 minutes. Worked out to about 4 mph. Still don't know what I will do for strength training, but I feel good about my cardio. I wish I knew how many steps it was like you T, but my app doesn't do steps.
  • TheJourneybyT
    TheJourneybyT Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great job bethlauren8!
  • FrancesAnnLFM
    Options
    Hi just joined the group...we are having a rare rain storm in az so i will be working out on my gazelle glider I also have tai chi dvd free weight dvd yoga ect i do walk with my walker or trek poles 2 miles on errands when my blown kneecap is in a good mood..i have resistance bands but they scare the bejebbers out of me was doing a leg exercise with them and they flew off and went snap next to my face YIPES...good morn...to all here in Glendale Az will be watching superbowl commercials and half time show from home..where i wont be temped to eat junk food out in public events..
  • monyokks
    monyokks Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do 20-30 minutes yoga every morning and try to walk at least 30 minutes 3-5 times a week and do weight machines 2-3 times a week. It's been GORGEOUS here in NW Missouri, so I have been walking in the park the last week --- the challenge for me is this BIG hill --- but have been LOVING it because it was almost 70 yesterday (winter temps are back --- 42 today)!! I used to be able to barely do 20 on the treadmill!! Have a BLESSED day, ladies!!!
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Oh, I would welcome 42!! I miss cold weather. Yesterday it was in the high 70's and we are supposedly in winter! I did not enjoy my walk. FrancesAnn your neck of the woods must be crazy packed right now with all the Super Bowl folk in town. You do lots of fun stuff though - good for you!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I mostly walk, jog a bit, elliptical. I lift "medium", but not as often as I should. I find it incredibly boring.
  • Ruthhc1
    Ruthhc1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've just joined a gym for the first time in my life. I joined a running group 7 months ago which I find difficult and run on a Monday. Pretty pleased that I ran a mile the other day without stopping and I could still actually breathe :D I go to the gym on a Tuesday and do circuit training. I do Zumba class on a Wednesday for 45 mins. Weather permitting I try to run on a Thursday or at the weekend and on a Friday I do a body conditioning class at the gym. All this from someone who's spent their life trying to avoid exercise. My aim is to run The Race For Life in July to race money for Cancer.
    I just want to get fit really but id like to lose half a stone too.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Great to read all your posts - well done ladies! Help with calories burned.... is it 20 steps equals 1 calorie? So far I've walked 5545 steps divided by 20 equals 227 calories. My Garmin Vivofit says 5545 steps burns 2131 calories which is 2.62 miles. I think 227 is most likely not 2131 - does anyone know?
  • lrbanton
    lrbanton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    started boot camp today for the fight for air climb I'm doing in March. Been going to the gym 5 days a week never thought I'd get there but having an event/goal to work towards has made all the difference
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Way to step it up Irbanton! :D
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    I'm going to Best Buy this morning to return Garmin Vivofit or Fitbit Charger HR. The Garmin Vivofit has inaccurate steps and calories burned. The Fitbit Charger HR also has the 24/7 heart rate monitor.
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Wow, Ruth, great job! You are very active. I can walk quickly for miles, but I can't run/jog - way to go!
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is either. 2131 would mean you could eat your whole days calories free. I think the 227 is more right.
  • anndieringer
    Options
    Wow, Super Bowl Sunday was a challenge!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Yes it was!
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know I went to el torito for brunch and well...no noshing for me:(. Tough day but I just barely made it under my calories
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    It was a challenge I failed - but not terribly. I'm already working on fixing the damage - moving forward not backwards.
  • marekdds
    Options
    No sense dwelling, can't change it. We just move on and do better.