NSV: Non Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    Waking up at 6AM to do my workout instead of trying to workout after work (never works, I end up making XYZ excuse and end up not doing anything)

I have the same problem! I am going to try working out in the morning and see if it helps. You're awesome for being so committed to your goal!
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    lalepepper wrote: »
    My NSV is having saved over $1,000 as of today since I quit smoking last July. I wouldn't have quit had it not been for all the other healthy changes I was making!

Congratulations!
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My NSV is having saved over $1,000 as of today since I quit smoking last July.

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today is pajama day at my preschool and I am wearing pjs that a month ago I could barely get into, and were uncomfortably tight. NOT TODAY! They are now roomy and the perfect pajamas to spend my Friday in!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for clothes yesterday because I was in great need of new pants, found a nice pair of navy work pants and jeans...both fit me in a size 13! (i used to be size 15)
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Back into my "skinny" jeans that I bought 2 years ago and outgrew. Now they fit perfectly. I have had them hanging in my closet so I would see them daily to remind me of where I want to be again and stay at. No more yo-yoing.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My NSV is having saved over $1,000 as of today since I quit smoking last July. I wouldn't have quit had it not been for all the other healthy changes I was making!

Hooray!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Babysat my grandchild for a few hours this morning, until the regular sitter could get there. I hadn't seen this person in a year. Her jaw dropped. She did not recognize me!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thank you Balancedwalk i was able to finally join. I missed being apart of the discussions. Your first challenge was awesome to be a part of and looking forward to the sequel. For me this was a non scale victory.
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I know it isn't a lot, but I went through the whole day without eating junk food. No cookies, chips, or anything else not good for me. I did have less than a quarter of a cup of french vanilla creamer in my coffee, but other than that nothing. I felt so much better throughout the day not eating junk food! Hopefully I will keep it up.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Keep it up!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Found an old pencil skirt in my closet that I have not worn in a very long time. I remember putting it away because it was too tight on me but I liked the quality of the skirt...I not only fit in it now, it's loose :)
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    krp97 wrote: »
    I know it isn't a lot, but I went through the whole day without eating junk food. No cookies, chips, or anything else not good for me. I did have less than a quarter of a cup of french vanilla creamer in my coffee, but other than that nothing. I felt so much better throughout the day not eating junk food! Hopefully I will keep it up.

That's great! That is a big deal for anyone that is challenged by cookies, chips etc. - I have my own "temptations" :)
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    krp97 wrote: »

That is quite the accomplishment! I definitely try to keep some room in my day to allow a little something here and there, but it's tough not having anything at all.
  • sharamarquis
    sharamarquis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since this time last year, I am down about 4 pants sizes (I like the styles from juniors sizes) from 17 down to an 11 (that I just put on this morning!). Oh, and I am getting *very* close to being able to complete an unassisted pull-up - I just have to get a little bit past the bar.

Great job everyone! :smile:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes, great job everyone!
    Oh, and I am getting *very* close to being able to complete an unassisted pull-up - I just have to get a little bit past the bar.

This is amazing. It's on my list of goals for the year, but I'm skeptical about my ability to do it. When I do the machine at the gym that assists you the amount of weight it assists me with is still much higher than I'd like, but I'm working my way up.

On slightly embarrassing NSVs, I had started the 100 pushups app a while ago, but had to be honest with myself about the fact that what I was calling pushups weren't really. I was going halfway down and couldn't go all the way down and get back up. I had to back way up and start working again on a bar. I only just realized that I CAN now do a full pushup--hadn't actually tried one on the floor in a while and I still have a weird hesitation about going all the way down when I'm on the floor. I can't do many, but it might be time to restart the app.
  • krp97
    Options
    Thanks NikonPal and lalepepper! I usually am not a sweets person but the past month or so I have been and I haven't been motivated to stop. Now I decided my long term health and goals are more important so I am working on actually meeting them.
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did 295lbs on the leg press today! GRRR!!!! (trying to build some muscles and rev up my depressingly slow metabolism lol)
  • krp97
    Options
    I did 295lbs on the leg press today! GRRR!!!! (trying to build some muscles and rev up my depressingly slow metabolism lol)

That is awesome!!! Way to go! How long has it taken you to build up to that if I may ask?
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Since I started on my weight loss journey in June 2014. I have lost 46.5 inches over all. Don't have a goal on inches but,.......I feel very happy with the inches lost so far.