30 lbs to loose. Anybody like me?

Options

Replies

• tvanouck650
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and get more frustrated than motivated. Let's cheer each other on :o
  • dskarosi
    dskarosi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in - 48 and need to loose another 30lbs (already lost 10 since Dec 8th on the Medifast diet).

Todays promise: I promise I will take care of me today. I will eat my 5 medifast meals, measure my Lean and Green, and drink all my water. I will not engage in self-pity for not being able to eat things off plan, because I am doing this to be happier and healthier.
  • amybrownfranks
    Options
    Milner100 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am 46 and just real want to get healthy and would like to lose 40lbs. I find it very hard to get the weight off but I am trying. Very slowly it is coming off.

Hello I am 47 with at least 40 to loose I would like to cheer you on during this journey.
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am 43 and ready to be fit again. Got a bit more to go than 30 lbs but I am super motivated and could use some friends who are as well. Cheers!
  • amybrownfranks
    Options
    I am 42 and have a least 30 pounds to loose. I am not new to MFP but I have been gone for a while. I need some motivation and support. I am a mother of 3 boys, student (want to graduate before they do) and small business owner. I have noticed in the last couple years that the weight has crept on and I am no longer comfortable in my skin. None of my "people" are overweight so it is hard to keep it in check. Please feel free to add me I would love to have a group for support and motivation again.

Hello I would love to cheer you on during this journey.. I am 47 and would like to loose at least 40lbs I need to get healthy for my grandbabies.. Want to be around to see them graduate.. Feel free to add me as a friend..
  • crisisborn
    crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    age 45 going for 50 lbs down with 5 lbs achieved. keeping myself honest with the food diary (MFP) and getting up and walking when I can, while tossing my medicine ball around. Been at it for just under 2 weeks.
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    “Strength is the capacity to break a Hershey bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.”
    ― Judith Viorst

Say it with me.... Give me strength this weekend. God knows I'll need it. LOL!

dpaaepyybwc1.jpg
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    Anyone else have a tempting weekend ahead? Tell us what you do or have done.
  • wannabthin1831
    wannabthin1831 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week but also decided to log my waist and hip measurements so that even if the scale sees no change I can see change in other ways. I'm thinking with measurements it might be better to do that on a monthly basis whereas with the scale weekly? Also I haven't figured out how to add people as friends ? Thanks for all of your support!
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    252sarahw wrote: »

With the Super Bowl it will be very tempting. I owe myself a little luxury with the eating but I am not sure how I'm going to play it yet.
  • helga859
    Options
    I'm 41 and need to loose 30lbs. I'm at my heaviest weight ever. Started two weeks ago and have been doing pretty good. I've lost 4 lbs and motivated to continue!
    Wishing all of you will power tomorrow.
    My strategy is to eat before going to a super bowl party. I don't need to be tempted.
    Good luck!
  • Msmia
    Msmia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    41 with 40 pounds to lose..
  • jenniferjoy4444
    jenniferjoy4444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. 44 and 30 to burn.
  • NYC8889
    NYC8889 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am 41 and would like to lose 35 to 40 lbs. I have been tracking my food just fine but struggling with pushing myself more with exercising. I make it to the gym at least 3-4 times a week but know that in order to see results, I need to step up my workout. I am working on this. Please feel free to add me and I will add those that said it's ok to add. Thanks.
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    I lost a pound this week but also decided to log my waist and hip measurements so that even if the scale sees no change I can see change in other ways. I'm thinking with measurements it might be better to do that on a monthly basis whereas with the scale weekly? Also I haven't figured out how to add people as friends ? Thanks for all of your support!

Great Idea. I really need to do that too. I've only had a tiny weight loss this week so I'm a little bummed. I know I've had a lot on non scale victories in the last 30days since I started. So I have to tell myself chin up, slow and steady wins the race.
    Saw this on the interweb and I think I'm gonna do this so I will stop obsessing over that scale.

bgcdli205o0c.jpg
    low and steady wins the race.

With the Super Bowl it will be very tempting. I owe myself a little luxury with the eating but I am not sure how I'm going to play it yet.

• 252sarahw
    Options

Sorry I this the button too many times.. LOL. I took a proactive approach to super bowl and had a liquid lunch and then I made some homemade white Chili for the game. Yum.
    kwki1qfmt66s.jpg
  • 252sarahw
    Options
    helga859 wrote: »
    I'm 41 and need to loose 30lbs. I'm at my heaviest weight ever. Started two weeks ago and have been doing pretty good. I've lost 4 lbs and motivated to continue!
    Wishing all of you will power tomorrow.
    My strategy is to eat before going to a super bowl party. I don't need to be tempted.
    Good luck!

Good luck to you too Helga!
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome to February everyone!!! We are still on track and getting healthier and fitter everyday......Just bought a new scale, so excited to be able to see those numbers now, last one had itsybitsy numbers, sure it has nothing to do with being 47. Plan of attack for today lots of chopped veggies ready and chicken marinating for the grill, started the day with yoga and just going to walk to the store for popcorn. I also have to work on my tutu so that will keep my hands busy. Have an amazing day everyone and take time to celebrate what you accomplished last month :-)
  • wannabthin1831
    wannabthin1831 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Great Idea. I really need to do that too. I've only had a tiny weight loss this week so I'm a little bummed. I know I've had a lot on non scale victories in the last 30days since I started. So I have to tell myself chin up, slow and steady wins the race.
    Saw this on the interweb and I think I'm gonna do this so I will stop obsessing over that scale.

bgcdli205o0c.jpg

I love that scale pic Sarah!! Thanks!
  • cattwood73
    cattwood73 Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    41 and ready to lose the 35 lbs. that have been bouncing on and off over the last ten years....ready to be done with the yo-yo! Picking up my Up24 tomorrow to get as much feedback and motivation as possible. Looking forward to this journey!