47 and 30 lbs more to go!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    48 and 30 lbs too. Ugh...
  • CookiePTA
    CookiePTA Posts: 1 Member
    44 and need to lose 35#
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Wow! I had no idea there would be so many out there like me. Good to know. I will add all of you as friends and we will do this together. 30lbs is doable!

• I'm new to this whole thing... I'm 41 and 35 lbs to loose to be comfortable in my own skin... Can I join in still?
  • I'm 40 and looking to lose 50 but want to concentrate on 30 first. Count me in!
  • nettece1
    nettece1 Posts: 13 Member
    laxmom12 wrote: »
    ly1967 wrote: »
    I also need support, 47 and wanna lose 40 pounds ...also I am gluten intolerant .

Me too :(

• nettece1
    nettece1 Posts: 13 Member
    Gluten intolerant here also
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    ta
    I'm new to this whole thing... I'm 41 and 35 lbs to loose to be comfortable in my own skin... Can I join in still?

Yes Ma'am you sure can. I'm very new to this too! Y'all are more than welcome to friend me. I'm just a plain spoken cowgirl from NC.

How's everyone doing today? Anyone need some encouragement? Anything to celebrate?

I'm home sick with a nasty cold today. I finally had time to set up my profile and add pics. I've been fighting this cold thing since Monday and finally threw in the towel and called my boss last night.

However, despite being sick and feeling like sun dried road apples, I did manage to force myself to walk on my treadmill yesterday. I have a fitbit tracker and according to that I walked 5 miles. Go Me! It did make me feel better for a while.

My reward this morning for my tenaciousness was a 1lb. weight loss! Again, Go me! So, as soon as I get a few more Oz's of water, I'm gonna try to walk a bit more today. Albeit leisurely of course. The point is.... just move. I'm sick, but I'm not using it as an excuse. Hope this inspires one of you today!
  • RhondaCott
    RhondaCott Posts: 1 Member
    I am 45 and want to loose 30! Just rejoined MFP and am very motivated to do this. Would love to give and receive support!
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    What a positive and determined group.
    Just curious does anyone else set SMART goals? Specific - Measurable - Action required Realistic - Time. For me - S-in May wear my favourite dress on my birthday; M-it fits or doesn't;A-try on today and take a picture;buy a scale;set daily movement and nutrition goal in notes AND DO IT; meal planning; Realistic YES!!;Time track daily;try on weekly; May birthday.
    I have to track daily and would be interested in having friends :-)
    Have a successful day.

• CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    I set smart goals and help others to do it on a daily basis with my work so I don't even think about it. Your definition of each word is a bit different but that doesn't matter. Using smart goals as part of the plan is really going to help. Under Measurable you didn't include that your dress might be too big! :D
  • 252sarahw
    I agree Catfly. Yellowradiates will be in that dress by May and it will be too big.
  • 252sarahw
    Feel free to add me. I am 44 and I needed to lose 30lbs and did it. Albeit I am sure a few pounds were added over the holidays. I started last January and was able to shed 30 lbs by mid July. I tracked everything I ate and bought myself a food scale (which is now my best friend). I am always here for support and advice when needed. You can do this...trust me if I can do it...so can you! Happy New Year!

I can not wait until I'm where you are.... hmm July, Swimsuit season. How much have you lost total now?
  • daizirose
    daizirose Posts: 27 Member
    44 with a 35 lb goal. We can do this :) Please add me if you life.
  • WHITEBEARS1966
    WHITEBEARS1966 Posts: 9 Member
    30 lbs is my goal. Please add me as a support buddy.
  • mtroy74
    mtroy74 Posts: 3 Member
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Ok so anybody like me? I'm 46 and got to get 30 lbs off. Sick and tired of being sick in tired. Have done it before but not as easy as it use to be. I'm committed to get it off before summer. I need a few buddy's for support though :D . Anyone in with me?
    I'm 40 with 30 or so lbs to lose... support is what I need--- I'll add you !
  • Mom0823
    Mom0823 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I am 41 now and would like to lose 25 to 30 pounds. I have used fitness pal before but the groups are new to me. I did get down to 118 a few years ago when I used MFP. Now it seems so much harder. I need motivation to keep me on track! I just ordered fitbit charge hr. Hoping this will help too. I could use new MFP friends to help me along. Looking forward to a rewarding journey to fitness!
  • Hello everyone,
    I am 47 and would like to loose 40lbs it would help with my health. I am committed to this I have never been in a group. So I need cheerleaders on my side to help me keep going..

• I'm looking to lose 40 lbs too. Add me :D
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    sorry ladies menopausal moment - could not find the thread thank you for the kinds words about the dress being too big cat fly & sarahw. My lovely daughter in laws 29 & 27 are complaining about being old and out of shape - I just laugh we are so much stronger and more determined in our 40s, wishing everyone a successful day. I am off to find a seamstress to see about taking in my dress in May!!!