Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1000m Swim Lessons
    Drills - drills - drills and flip turn attempts.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mac!
    Today 60 min in the pool. I'm traveling today so was a small strange pool so no idea on distance covered. Presumably approx 2.5
    Tried to concentrate on my technique today!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    One hour, two miles. Well, two swim miles. Needed a bit more time to get in that extra 250. 5x100 IM is still all the fly I got. I might venture a 200 (emphasis on "a") next week... :)

New swimsuit day can't get here soon enough. Go go gadget UPS!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    About 30 minutes... 20 minutes into it, I got to chatting with the gal in the lane next to me. I'm always looking for answers to some question or another. She was young and a former swim team member. So helpful.

Cheshire, new suit for me too. Fun!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    120 laps. 6000 yards. a hair under 2 hours.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been swimming for 2 weeks doing a very bad breaststroke with my face out the water. Yesterday I had a lesson with goggles, hat and noseclip and learnt how to swim with my face in the water and practice breathing. I can do 50 lengths with my wrong stroke and could only do 10 with the right stroke. So I'm starting again, doing it properly and will slowly build up stamina. Absolutely loved reading the thread on this and it's given me a huge boost! Well done fellow swimmers!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're working on the breaststroke! It's how Captain Matthew Perry, the first person recorded as having swum the English Channel did so. You are in great company.

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    2000 56:50 +a 30 minute swim lesson.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    First ever swim meet today. About to head out the door.
    No idea what to expect.
  • LisaFury9
    Options
    Yes snorkelling!!!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    Options
    @ashenriver, best of luck! Have a blast! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    27x50 yds. Did not time
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 miles @‌ 67 minutes
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    750 free, 250 Breast, 250 Back drills, 250 kick drills: 90 mins
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Great swimming folks!!!

Ashen - best of luck, hope you had a lot of fun!!!
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Finally Home! It was a full full day. I swam in 5 events. Two relays where I swam 50 m free in both. I only have my split time for the first medley (39.01).
    My other three races were 50 m free (40.95 sec), 100 m free (1:33.68) and 1500 m (31:04.35 with splits averaging 2:05)

Apparently I have also caught the coaches attention, not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I also need to find a way to keep my goggles on when I dive into the water.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    Options
    Congratulations! That's super awesome!

[quote="ashenriver;31113576"
    I also need to find a way to keep my goggles on when I dive into the water. [/quote]

1. Put the strap higher up on your head.
    2. Make sure your chin is tucked to your chest as you hit the water. (It doesn't actually have to touch your chest, but this is an effective way of overcompensating on the general rule of "keep your head down").
    3. Glue.

• AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 58 min -
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    ashenriver wrote: »
    Finally Home! It was a full full day. I swam in 5 events. Two relays where I swam 50 m free in both. I only have my split time for the first medley (39.01).
    My other three races were 50 m free (40.95 sec), 100 m free (1:33.68) and 1500 m (31:04.35 with splits averaging 2:05)

Apparently I have also caught the coaches attention, not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I also need to find a way to keep my goggles on when I dive into the water.

Great job Ashen!

I also have problems with goggles coming off with dives and it tends to destabilize me for the rest of the race!