Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    rest day today from cardio. 21k again tomorrow, maybe a bit more, pending my legs ;)
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had to miss the Parkrun this morning as I have slightly injured my neck. Hoping it will be back to normal for my 9 mile run tomorrow. I never thought I would see the day where I am annoyed to be missing a run for a legit reason
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Heal up ;) I'm just eating breakfest then on to my normal Saturday training run, hoping for at least another 21k :D
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    21k training running done. Shaved 6 minutes off last weekend's run. PR 2:07:35. But I was feeling the "burn" on the last Km. 8)
  • GreatCthulhu
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • simonwarren777
    simonwarren777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    First post for me, and first race of the year this morning. Nearly bailed on it since it was -30C outside and I only got in from a business trip late last night.
    Glad I didn't though, as usual, once you're out there it's awesome.
    The course was around a horse racing track, and then out onto some ploughed roads before finishing at the track again. It was really nice to have somewhere warm to recover afterwards.

Time was a little slower than I was hoping for (50.39 for a 10k) but it was slippy, and I ran a negative split so it was a good lesson in pacing.

Next one in 2 weeks - can't wait!
    Keep it up everyone
    Simon
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting out there everyone! Simon, I would be thrilled with that time for a 10k!

I ran 8 miles today at my local national park (hilly). Miles 6 - 7 were tough, but I plowed through and finished in 1:21:38 (1 1/2 minutes slower than last week's 8 miler.)
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    21k training running done. Shaved 6 minutes off last weekend's run. PR 2:07:35. But I was feeling the "burn" on the last Km. 8)

YOU RUN THIS ON A TREADMILL! Your sir are amazing, that is dedication.
  • FireStorm1972
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ya I run the treadmill during the winter, it's pretty cold up here in Canada. I just put on my headphones on and go :)
  • GreatCthulhu
    Options
    I ran 9 miles today in 100 mins. Felt pretty good at the end, really starting to feel like I might manage this HM in May in a time I can be proud of
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    I ran 9 miles today in 100 mins. Felt pretty good at the end, really starting to feel like I might manage this HM in May in a time I can be proud of

Nice job. My goal has was to just complete as it is my 1st one. Then decided on a goal of 3 hours then a new goal of 2 1/2. Now with my training runs and 3 months away I'm curious if I can get under 2 hours. But I'm not pushing it to hard to try, as my main goal now is to beat my brothers 1/2 time, I'm twice his age but the sibling rivalry is still there LOL.
  • GreatCthulhu
    Options
    Nice! I had similar goals, first of all just to finish, now hoping for under 2 1/2 hours. I am hoping to do the Great North Run in September as well, so might see whether under 2 hours is achievable for that one.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My first, and only, HM I was similar. Initially it was just to complete but as I trained I went to under 2 hours, as the training was suggesting. I had a significantly reduced training mileage for about 6 weeks before the race, as a result of a medical treatment, so ended up only managing 2:07, albeit that was on trail so had a fairly significant vertical elevation.

Last weeks 21.1 was trail again and 2:16, so I'm hoping that my event in May will be down below 2:00. That said it's an area I'm not familiar with and again it has quite a lot of vert, so that might be unrealistic.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Did 7.01 miles in 1hr 12 mins this morning. My snowmobile is misbehaving, so i stayed behind today. Didn't pack running gear, but with nothing else to do in the rustic cabin besides lay by the fire and eat... 4 scones over the course of the morning.... and no excuses of entertaining little boys with my mom here i borrowed a sports bra from daughter, sweats from hubby and a hoodie and fleece from my dad. Was 19f, windchill 11 but the roads aren't as bad as ours at home. Headed out, and got back to our road at exactly 4 miles. Decided everything felt good, so i kept going. Seemed like a good idea; nothing better to do, already ate a ton and more snow tomorrow means no pavement for who knows how long!

Seems like you are all doing great on your plans! Way to go!
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    11.05 miles today with a better pace than last week's 11mile LR. From 11:30 to 10:55. It took me just barely over 2 hours. So yippee skippy.

In other running news- I found out that I there is half here locally in March, so I am going to run that in addition to the Rock'n'Roll half I signed up for in May.
    and my family in law recruited me for 67 mile 5 person relay race in April.
    My first 10k is Valentines Day.
    I'm pretty excited for the upcoming races!!!!!!!
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    Nice! I had similar goals, first of all just to finish, now hoping for under 2 1/2 hours. I am hoping to do the Great North Run in September as well, so might see whether under 2 hours is achievable for that one.

I have similar goals to you both for my first!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've also gone from "I just want to finish" to having a goal of finishing in under 2 1/2 hours.

I was scheduled to run 2 to 3 miles yesterday. Thanks to high winds and cold rain, I was forced to try my mother in law's treadmill. It has issues and randomly slows down from time to time. I hate treadmill running anyway, but this was the pits! I managed 2 1/2 miles in 30 minutes of torture!
  • GreatCthulhu
    Options
    Well done for getting it done!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Crosstraining today, so bike/yoga
  • simonwarren777
    simonwarren777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hockey for me. Optimistically hoping it covers cross-training AND intervals!