Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    After over a week off (and I took it pretty much completely off!) I'm officially started my half plan. Yesterday was cross train, and today was rest. I switched them as we had more blizzard. So, rest yesterday and 60 mins on the elliptical today.
  • poke987
    Options
    First run after my week off, and first run of my 12 week half training program. Ran with my dad, who is getting over influenza, so real, real slow. Good for me to ease back in... 3.69 miles in 44:27
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me today. Start a new strength class at the gym tomorrow!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    5k today with some strength training 8)
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5 miles today. It's was 63! I was in shorts and a light tee and it felt hotter than heck out there .... i feel like I shouldn't be complaining because the rest of you are buried in snow and ice .... Haha
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    Also, Do I still get to be excited about getting a first place ribbon in a race for my age division if .... I was the only one in my age division?
    Haha
  • poke987
    Options
    pimpin_po wrote: »
    Also, Do I still get to be excited about getting a first place ribbon in a race for my age division if .... I was the only one in my age division?
    Haha

Lol! That sometimes happens at horse shows! I make a little note on the back, but hang it up as prideful as normal!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ran on the track at the gym yesterday, thanks to icy roads. 70 laps, 5 miles with some speed and walking intervals - 51:45.
    pimpin_po wrote: »
    5 miles today. It's was 63! I was in shorts and a light tee and it felt hotter than heck out there .... i feel like I shouldn't be complaining because the rest of you are buried in snow and ice .... Haha
    4buwd06srp7u.gif

• poke987
    Options
    3.26 miles in 33.02. Lightly snowing, big beautiful flakes and 25 degrees. Yesterday it was 28!! It's a heat wave! My knee felt good, I'm aware of the spot where it usually hurts, but no pain per se. So I'm happy there... time off was a good idea I guess.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    7.5K today, liitle short of my normal 10k but not feeling the best :-(

• GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did a strength class at the gym and there were a lot of squats! I had planned to run afterwards but was in no fit state. Lesson learned for next week!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    6 mile run (84 laps) at the gym yesterday in 59:12, hoping the ice clears soon!
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

Way to go!!! 84 LAPS! That's crazy!!
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    poke987 wrote: »
    3.26 miles in 33.02. Lightly snowing, big beautiful flakes and 25 degrees. Yesterday it was 28!! It's a heat wave! My knee felt good, I'm aware of the spot where it usually hurts, but no pain per se. So I'm happy there... time off was a good idea I guess.

I'm so glad your knee feels better!!! Keep taking it nice and easy, and good job with your run.
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    4 miles yesterday + rest day today
  • poke987
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

Wow! I'm impressed! That's a lot of laps!!
  • poke987
    Options
    3.23 miles in 32:53. I seem to have lost a little speed on my week off. Im not going to worry though. My OB gave me the clear to keep running, but to be careful of pushing too hard. So, im going to stick right to the plan, no modifications. All of these 3 mile runs in the training are going to get boring I think... i hate my 3 mile route... it's all hill! Might have to end up driving places to find more interesting runs! It was snowing again today... but harder than yesterday, that wasn't too fun, but still "warm" at 24 degrees.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    As much as I hate running those laps, I feel so blessed to have access to a gym for times like these when conditions prevent outside running. I'll be back in the gym today for another 5 miles. I'm scheduled for my first 10 mile run on Saturday, when there is a 90% chance of rain. I can handle running in the rain, or the cold, but not COLD RAIN. Although, I really can't imagine making it 140 laps!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    gearing up for 7.5k to compensate for only 7.5k yesterday instead of 10k. Plus strength training tonight.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    gearing up for 7.5k to compensate for only 7.5k yesterday instead of 10k. Plus strength training tonight.

Only did 5k 8(. But did some sprints on the treadmil at 15.5km/h 8). felt like I was gonna fly off, but it felt great.