Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I know that urge to keep going. It's what drives me. :)
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Cross training day. My knees seem to have taken a beating yesterday during my 21K training run. Looks like the bike for an hour, some yoga and maybe weights.
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I completed 10 miles in just under 2 hrs yesterday. Ran the whole way, so I am feeling a bit more upbeat. I would prefer to be faster, but I have to accept that it will come one step at a time.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    poke987 wrote: »
    Having some pregnancy issues... been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage and told to "rest." No strenuous exercise, nothing that leads to heavy breathing... so there goes my running. Hopefully symptoms resolve, and we continue without problems... my half is on the back burner for now.

Take it easy...Your little one is more important.

Yes, a million times yes! But, I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't disappointed. If all symptoms stop, I may be cleared to run again... IF OB gives the go ahead, I may still try for the half. I'm not sure hubby is going to go for it though. I'm pretty sure he's counting that out. We shall see, and my body and baby dictate everything at this point! I'm not good at "rest" though...

Take care of you and the baby!

I have figured out that I'm not good with "rest" either, especially unplanned rest. I was almost in tears Friday night when it was announced that my gym would be closed on Saturday, dashing any hopes of me getting my 10 miler in on Saturday. I sat around pouting and eating all day.

Thankfully, the roads cleared enough and my local national park opened on Sunday afternoon, and I ran! 10 miles in 1:45:24. Just me and the deer. Will probably head to the gym today for a recovery spin on the stationary bike and then back to the training plan tomorrow.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    I completed 10 miles in just under 2 hrs yesterday. Ran the whole way, so I am feeling a bit more upbeat. I would prefer to be faster, but I have to accept that it will come one step at a time.

Yep, speed will come evenrually, I worked on my endurance first to make sure I can finish it:-D
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

Yep, speed will come eventually, I worked on my endurance first to make sure I can finish it:-D

Yep! More miles = faster pace

Great job, btw!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Cross Training tonight, so the bike and some stretching 8)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Spent an hour on the stationary bike yesterday at the gym. Hoping to get a run in today between rain showers.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I went out at lunch to get my run done before the storm hits. 5 miles with some speed intervals. Other than app malfunctions and high winds, it was great! Finished in 49:28.
  • FireStorm1972
    edited March 2015
    Options
    5k run today and some weights, oh ya and some snow shoveling later tonight after it stops snowing LOL :#
  • GreatCthulhu
    Options
    Wow, you guys and your weather! Makes me appreciate where I live a bit more. Worst we get is a bit of rain or wind.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Ya the weather in Northern Canada is great LOL.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A slow, easy pace for 3.25miles in 33:46. Cleared by OB to resume normal activity today! Woop! Dear husband isn't so sure it's a good idea, but we have agreed I'll run, with the understanding that the half is no longer a top priority. If i race it, I'll be thrilled and while I'll be disappointed if I don't make it... my body and baby will dictate what I can and can't do. Just need to be honest with him, and myself about what this might look like. I'm hopeful to get back into training, I lost 2 short runs and a long... I'll use a rest day this week to make up a short, and modify a bit so I'm still at the lower miles this week (I'll use a later week with a 5k run for a longer run) and hopefully keep on track... I'll go along as I can, and see where we end up!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    10k tonight and some yoga hopefully.
  • GreatCthulhu
    Options
    Cleared by OB to resume normal activity today! Woop!

Congratulations!

Life has got in the way this week so I haven't been able to get out! Hopefully tonight I can fit something in!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    @poke987 That's great news!

Yesterday started out with rain, which turned to freezing rain, which turned to snow. I did manage to get the dog out for a walk around the neighborhood, but that's it. I am hoping to find a trail clear enough for a run today. (I was scheduled for 6 miles yesterday and 4 today.)
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Hopefully 5k tonight and some weights and gotta try and catch up on my yoga. Not feeling the greatest though.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    3 miles on the treadmill tonight, 28:28; felt pretty good. Maybe would have gone slower, but running buddy was beside me, and she was cruising, so i kept up!
  • GreatCthulhu
    Options
    3 miles yesterday in 32 minutes. I was hoping to do a longer run but just didn't have the time. Glad I managed what I did though
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Found a trail that was (mostly) clear yesterday and ran. 7.8 miles in 1:18:54.