Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Managed 30 minutes on the stationary bike yesterday. Hoping to get in some hill repeats today if the temp gets above freezing!
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Very cold today, with wicked windchills... so treadmill it was. My required 3 miles, in 28.39. Glad to have it done, and happy my knee didn't hurt. Treadmill has been painful the past few times, so I've been avoiding it. Today was no problem. Actually didn't hate it as much... maybe because the alternative was so unpleasant! -11F at the bus stop this morning.
  • poke987
    Options
    9 miles today in 1hr 43. Feel like I am getting worse, not better. I have struggled a bit this week but hopefully I can sort my head out and get back in the game

Sounds good to me! Keep at it, you're doing great!! Sorry you are feeling discouraged
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way sometimes. Struggling to just get 5K done can be a chore, I'm sure for me its motivation at times.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    4.25 yesterday
    6.1 yesterday

@GreatCthulhu‌ , As others have said hang in there. Try not to get too caught up in times, slow down and enjoy your run. My average pace is generally 10:30-11:30 right now, I am by no means fast ... I am actually rather slow but, I love going out and running anyways. Don't get discouraged :) Even getting out that door and getting your miles in is an accomplishment by itself some days.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    5 miles of hill repeats yesterday. Six reps of a long hill. Ended up with 3 PRs and some achy calves!

Strava Link
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    pimpin_po wrote: »
    Even getting out that door and getting your miles in is an accomplishment by itself some days.

Aww thanks! I think I used to seeing a progression when doing to C25K and I just got myself worked up over nothing.

I managed to go out for a 4 mile run today, and did it in 40 mins, with the first mile in 8:03. I overdid some squats last week and I was ill over the weekend so it was my first good run in a while and I got a bit carried away.

Thanks for all the support guys, you're awesome! <3
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    10k tonight and some much needed Yoga. I find if I miss more than 2 days of Yoga my body aches LOL
  • poke987
    Options
    3.25 in 30:19. I was in a hurry running late and half hour was my goal. Got pretty close without watching my splits since my GPS wasn't cooperating and I didn't have time to fuss with it! It was 30F and I overestimated the temp and went out without gloves. Took about 2 miles to get my hands comfortable, but just kept trucking and they eventually warmed up. These first few weeks with all these 3 mile runs feels kind of silly, but since I've no trouble with my knee, and I am "running for 2" I guess it's a good thing too!
  • Just_Ceci
    edited February 2015
    Options
    10k in 1:01:38, chose a flat route. Pretty steady pace for the first 4 miles and faster for the last 2. After hills on Tuesday and 10k yesterday, my legs are complaining. I will get my scheduled 5 miles in the gym today as we got another cold front last night.
    poke987 wrote: »
    3.25 in 30:19. I was in a hurry running late and half hour was my goal. Got pretty close without watching my splits since my GPS wasn't cooperating and I didn't have time to fuss with it! It was 30F and I overestimated the temp and went out without gloves. Took about 2 miles to get my hands comfortable, but just kept trucking and they eventually warmed up. These first few weeks with all these 3 mile runs feels kind of silly, but since I've no trouble with my knee, and I am "running for 2" I guess it's a good thing too!

I can't seem to get that right either. I'm usually over dressed and end up having to peel off layers mid run. Seems no matter how cold it is, I end up taking off the gloves after a couple of miles.

You are doing great!
  • poke987
    Options
    Better dressed today, 18F same 3.25 miles again, but today with my running buddy. We did it in 31:14.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    5k and some lifting 8)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    5 miles on the track at the gym yesterday. Unless it warms up some, I'll be forced inside for tomorrow's 10 miler. Feels like -9F.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    rest day then 21k tomorrow :)
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    21k training run this morning. New PR achieved...1h58m18s...F@ck Ya!!! Pardon my language :p
  • poke987
    Options
    Having some pregnancy issues... been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage and told to "rest." No strenuous exercise, nothing that leads to heavy breathing... so there goes my running. Hopefully symptoms resolve, and we continue without problems... my half is on the back burner for now.
  • poke987
    Options
    21k training run this morning. New PR achieved...1h58m18s...F@ck Ya!!! Pardon my language :p

My eyes... my eyes...! Way to go!!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Having some pregnancy issues... been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage and told to "rest." No strenuous exercise, nothing that leads to heavy breathing... so there goes my running. Hopefully symptoms resolve, and we continue without problems... my half is on the back burner for now.

Take it easy...Your little one is more important.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options

My eyes... my eyes...! Way to go!!

ya felt good from the get go, with a full day rest yesterday from any form of exercise, this morning felt great.
  • poke987
    Options

Take it easy...Your little one is more important.

Yes, a million times yes! But, I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't disappointed. If all symptoms stop, I may be cleared to run again... IF OB gives the go ahead, I may still try for the half. I'm not sure hubby is going to go for it though. I'm pretty sure he's counting that out. We shall see, and my body and baby dictate everything at this point! I'm not good at "rest" though...