Share Your Original Recipes!

Options

Replies

• jandkranch83
    jandkranch83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    CRUSTLESS QUICHE

3.00 cups of diced or grated vegetables of choice (eg zucchini, mushrooms, spinach)
    3.00 middle rashers of bacon
    2.00 cups cheese or your choice
    9.00 large eggs
    2.00 cloves garlic
    Herbs of your choice
    Salt

In a bowl, mix the vegetables, garlic, bacon, cheese, herbs and salt.
    In another bowl, beat the eggs until thoroughly mixed.
    Pour eggs into the vegetable and bacon mixture and mix thoroughly.

Pour mixture into a greased lasagne tray or similar.

Bake at 180C (350F) for about 25 minutes or until it no longer wobbles when you shake the tray.

Serves 8

Calories 237
    Protein 17g
    Fat 10g
    Carb 3g
    Fibre 1g
    (per serving)

This is very good. I made it for brunch today.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Super Bowl Guacamole Fat Bomb. Celery opitional.

3 avacodos,
    1/2 to 1c. Sour cream
    1/2 to 1c. salsa NO SUGAR added
    2 TBS. Cream cheese softened
    1TB of hot peppers from a jar.

An Avacado has 4.8 g digestible carb.
    2Tbs. Sour cream 1.2g
    Salsa .7g
    2Tbs cream cheese .8

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I just tried to make chicken skin chips, not an original recipe, but first go at it. I had a couple pounds of chicken thighs, and I took the skins off, seasoned and crisped them in the boiler. Maybe I overcooked them, but they were not good. :(
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Guys, I discovered a really easy, super tasty way to cook chicken.

Get some chicken thighs with the skin ON. Of course, that's the best bit. ;)
    Throw those babies in a baking tray with the skins up.
    Sprinkle a generous amount of onion salt over the skins. Don't forget to keep an eye on the carb count.
    Sprinkle a little bit (like a 1/4 tsp on each one) of garlic powder on top of the onion salt.
    Slide them into the oven at 200C (390F) for about 35-40 minutes.

The skin goes soooooo crunchy and the seasonings are delicious. My hubby hoovered these up and asked for more.

To make dinner even easier melt some butter in an oven pan (I use a cake tin). Roll some asparagus in that melted goodness and then put it the oven for the last 15 minutes while the chicken is still cooking. The chicken and the asparagus will be ready at the same time.

Easy. Delicious. What more could you ask for?

Pro Tip: Make a huge batch and eat for breakfast or lunch the next day.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sprinkle a generous amount of onion salt over the skins. Don't forget to keep an eye on the carb count.
    Sprinkle a little bit (like a 1/4 tsp on each one) of garlic powder on top of the onion salt.

The skin goes soooooo crunchy and the seasonings are delicious. My hubby hoovered these up and asked for more.

To make dinner even easier melt some butter in an oven pan (I use a cake tin). Roll some asparagus in that melted goodness and then put it the oven for the last 15 minutes while the chicken is still cooking. The chicken and the asparagus will be ready at the same time.

Oh yeah Sajyana! you Saved the day! the BF will love this (well, and so will I). Won't even know it's keto! And soooo easy! yay. We can eat together tonight!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    QUICK KETO MUFFIN

2 tblsp Psyllium Husk Powder
    1 tblsp Almond Meal
    1 egg
    1/5 tspn baking powder
    2 tspn water

Mix it all in a cup or bowl. Pour into a glass bowl lightly sprayed with olive oil (spread out even with a spatula). Microwave for 90 seconds. Allow to cool, dump it out, and do what you like with it.

You can slice in half and use for a burger, or toast it. I've also cooked them in the oven.

Calories: 143
    Carbs: 1.1g
    Fat: 10.2g
    Protein: 8.7g

Just be careful not to go nuts on these. I did after months and months of no bread, had a couple a day for a few days and ended up feeling bloated and rubbish. But one now and then is fine.
  • rkufeke
    rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE FAT BOMBS
    8 servings

2 oz cream cheese, softened
    4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
    4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1 - 1 1/2 tbsp Swerve
    2 tsp Polaner sugar-free + fiber strawberry jam

Blend everything but the jam. Spoon about 1 tbsp of cheesecake mixture into muffin pan/mold of choice (I use a silicone Wilton brownie pop pan, and insert half of a popsicle stick after filling for easier eating). Top with 1/4 tsp strawberry jam, then an additional 1 tbsp cheesecake mixture. Freeze until hardened, then enjoy :) Store in the freezer.

Calories 141
    Fat 15 g
    Carbs 2.7 g (0.4 fiber)
    Protein 0.5 g
  • cinhen1959
    cinhen1959 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have not seen this one anywhere. Just made it last night with craving for potato salad.
    Moc Potato Salad
    2 cups cauliflower cut up
    2 hard boiled eggs
    4 TBSP Mayonnaise
    1/2 Dill pickle
    1/8 small onion chopped very fine to spread the goodness
    Lemon pepper sprinkle. Less than 1/8 tsp
    Lightly cook cauliflower. Peel and chop eggs. Cop onion and pickle. Dump slightly cooled cauliflower into mix. Add the mayo.Lightly mix. Bacon lovers could add bacon.
    Serves 4

I made this last night and just tasted it. Tonight I needed more food in my day. I added another hopped egg to my bowl and a dab of mayo. This is delicious. I would say add more salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice.

• cinhen1959
    cinhen1959 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What a good idea! I'm going to start boiling eggs NOW! Yummy!
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    PERSONAL PIZZA "OMELET" - number of servings: 1
    - 2 eggs
    - basil to taste
    - dried onions to taste
    - garlic powder to taste
    - 1/4 cup tomato sauce
    - 28 g shredded cheddar cheese
    - 16 pepperoni slices
    - optional: mushrooms, spinach, bacon, hot peppers, hot sauce, etc.

Mix eggs, basil, onions, and garlic powder together in small bowl. Fry in a pan trying to get the most surface possible. Move to lined and greased baking sheet. Spread sauce, sprinkle cheese, and add toppings. Cook at 400F for 10 min.

390 cal
    28g fat
    26g protein
    5g carb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXB7_c2XeGI
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Fat4Fuel2 wrote: »
    PERSONAL PIZZA "OMELET"
    That looks fantastic, thank you so much! That's about the level of my baking skills so I could treat hubby to a meal for a change.

And whoah!!! those spice jars are massive. Ours come in 1 oz or 5 oz jars!

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hey, @Fat4Fuel2, your egg pizza looks great! I'm definitely making one! Now I can have pizza when my guys have it, without going through the trouble of making a non-flour crust. :) Thanks for sharing!
  • stefne888
    stefne888 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ❤️ this thread.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    FRIED CHEESE

1. Heat nonstick or exceedingly well seasoned cast iron skillet. Hubby cooks everything on high, I cook at about medium.
    2. Put about 1/4 -1/2 cup shredded cheese in an even layer in the skillet.
    3. Add pepperoni, veggies, or chopped bacon if desired.
    4. Once cheese is melted together and browning on the bottom, flip it.
    5. Brown the second side.
    6. Put on plate (with a paper towel if you don't like grease).
    7. Nomnomnom.

If making multiples, wipe the grease out after every one or two.

Notes:
    1. Hubby likes mozzarella with pepperoni. He doesn't like much sauce on his pizza, so he doesn't really miss it.
    2. Strongly flavored cheeses can get intense or mellow out, depending on the cheese.
    3. Fiesta blend is awesome.
    4. If you make it thick, it will be gooey on the inside and not as crunchy on the outside.
    5. If you make it thin, then let it set for a minute, it's almost like a chip.
    6. If you make it thin and bend it over something as soon as it comes out, it makes a leaky but tasty taco shell.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LAMB PATTIES
    • 1 pound ground lamb
    • 1/3 cup whole milk plain greek yogurt (use one with lowest carb count, I use Kalona Supernatural or Fage Total)
    • 1 tablespoon coconut flour
    • 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
    • 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
    • 1 teaspoon sea salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
    • 2-3 tablespoons healthy fat for pan frying (olive oil, coconut oil, lard or tallow)
    1. Place all ingredients except lamb and oil/fat into medium bowl and mix. If necessary, add a small amount of water until it forms a thick paste.
    2. Add lamb and mix thoroughly (I use my hands).
    3. Form lamb into twelve equal size balls then flatten into small patties.
    4. Heat oil or fat in large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
    5. Place patties in pan, cook for approx. 5 minutes until browned. Reduce heat if browning too fast.
    6. Flip patties over. Reduce heat to medium to medium-low (if you haven't already done so) and cook approx. 5 minutes longer until cooked to your liking.

Bonus yogurt sauce (not included in nutrition facts)
    Mix some yogurt, chopped cilantro, a bit of salt and pepper, garlic (chopped or powder) if desired, and a small amount of lemon juice or water to make a quick sauce for the lamb patties.

Nutrition facts for each lamb patty (does not include oil/fat used in frying):
    Servings 12.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 88
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 6 g 10 %
    Saturated Fat 3 g 14 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 31 mg 10 %
    Sodium 226 mg 9 %
    Potassium 5 mg 0 %
    Total Carbohydrate 1 g 0 %
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 2 %
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 7 g 15 %
    Vitamin A 2 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 1 %
    Iron 5 %
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Trying these tonight! Thanks I am so excited. I copied this, lost it and finally remembered where I had seen it! :p
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I have not seen this one anywhere. Just made it last night with craving for potato salad.
    Moc Potato Salad
    2 cups cauliflower cut up
    2 hard boiled eggs
    4 TBSP Mayonnaise
    1/2 Dill pickle
    1/8 small onion chopped very fine to spread the goodness
    Lemon pepper sprinkle. Less than 1/8 tsp
    Lightly cook cauliflower. Peel and chop eggs. Cop onion and pickle. Dump slightly cooled cauliflower into mix. Add the mayo.Lightly mix. Bacon lovers could add bacon.
    Serves 4

I made this last night and just tasted it. Tonight I needed more food in my day. I added another hopped egg to my bowl and a dab of mayo. This is delicious. I would say add more salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice.

This was great and I will fix it again... Thanks
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OMG! We just had pizza that would totally fool you. Especially if you like cheese and thin crust.

I started with a recipe from... reddit? I think. but the crust was kinda soggy, didn't hold up. We do like thin, crunchy crust so here's what I did!

CRUST
    2 (packed) cups shredded mozzerella cheese
    2 teaspoons (approximately) garlic powder
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 425
    Squish it together. Then I put it in a greased 9X13 pyrex baking dish. I'm pretty sure you could just use any kind of pan. Cover the bottom with the mixture. Of course it should be pretty thin. Once you get it mostly spread, it's easier to even it out if you have wet hands.

Put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
    Then I broiled it for a few minutes, watching it. Just until it was brown.

Tak it out of the dish and flip it over onto a baking sheet or pizza stone. you want the browned top side to now be the bottom so that it is crispy and will be firm so you can pick up your pizza once cooked.

Then we cut it in half before adding toppings so we wouldn't have to do this after. We cut this into two pieces to share between two people and with all the cheese etc, it was PLENTY as a dinner for each of us.

Then we added our low carb pizza sauce, thinly sliced mushrooms, pepperoni, already cooked ground beef, green olives and then another generous topping of grated cheddar to seal it all in.

Baked again for about 10 minutes at 425 then broiled to our liking.

OHHHHHH baby!! We were sooooo surprised. And let me tell you, the BF is such a pizza snob that we cannot order out. We ate pizza almost every Friday for almost a year while watching UFC. We always made our own and were always disappointed with others. He loved this :smiley:

As I'm on the April FIT_goat challenge, I didn't even track anything but I'm thinking it won't be a habit. The cheese probably takes up all the carbs for the day.

Woot!

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I used a couple different recipes, left out the potatoes and/or cauliflower substitute and made some amazing soup. Changes I'm going to make and other ideas/suggestions at the bottom.

Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
    Posted on 4/09/2015 by KnitOrMiss
    As currently prepared: (Notes for improving the recipe at the bottom!)

INGREDIENTS
    1 pound bulk spicy and hot sausage (recipe called for spicy Italian, but this was way cheaper, so I just added Italian seasoning to the broth)

1 bunch kale, chopped - about 3 cups (roughly - adjust to taste)

1 stick butter (1/4 cup or 8 oz, depending on location)

1 TBSP olive oil

4 cups broth (stock, broth, or water with buillion)

2-6 cloves garlic smashed/chopped/pureed, to taste

1/2 onion chopped or pureed, color to taste

Salt and Pepper to Taste

1/4-1 tsp Italian seasoning, to taste if not using Italian Sausage

Roughly 4 oz/8 tbsp heavy whipping cream, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS
    Chop up tough kale stems. Brown sausage and kale stems together. I tried to do them in 1/2" to 1/4" pieces. Cook through. Drain excess grease. Set aside.

Chop/puree garlic and onion (I used my ultimate chopper, comes out like a rough paste. Feel free to leave as chunky as you like to taste.) Add olive oil to same pan as browned sausage in. Add onion and garlic. Cook down until translucent or most of the liquid is cooked out.

Deglaze with stock/broth. Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Simmer broth for 30 minutes.

Chop kale into very thin strips (1/8"-1/4"). May shred using processor what have you, to taste. Add butter, sausage, kale stems, and chopped kale back to pot. Simmer until kale is softened. For me, this was 20+ minutes until it was as soft as I prefer.

*** NOTE: At this point STOP if you plan to refrigerate it. Reheat the broth at this point. Only add the heavy cream when ready to eat. ***

Portion out into serving bowls. Makes roughly 6 or 8 1-cup servings, I think. Add 2-6 TBSP of heavy cream to each bowl, amount to taste. Stir and serve. (Again, note, add cream only as serving - this makes it much easier to reheat!)

Modifications - this was so much kale! I might have underestimated slighlty. So I'm purchase and browning 1-2 additional pounds of sausage to add to this tonight. I will be adding at least 2 more cups of stock/broth. I will season to taste. But I'm thinking the ratio of sausage to kale will be better to me! :)

Sausage - feel free to get any kind of sausage, any kind of ground/minced meat - just make sure to seasoon while cook if unseasoned product with at least salt and pepper. If you get ITALIAN sausage, be sure to leave out the Italian seasoning, unless it needs more punch. Also, if you do not buy a spicy sausage but want it spicy, add crushed red pepper flakes to taste.

Kale - you can use any green that wilts. Spinach or other greens can easily be used. If the stems are tough, be sure to "fry" them along side the sausage. I imagine even cabbage could be interesting here.

Garlic - original recipe called for 2 cloves. Use to taste.

Onion - original recipe called for one onion, but my was slightly larger, so I only used half.

Italian Seasoning - add to taste if purchasing sausage that isn't Italian. Mine was $2 instead of $4 just purchasing regular Spicy sausage.

Heavy cream is to taste. I would add at least on TBSP per bowl. Can supplement with other type of cream or additional butter.

Also this original recipe called for potatoes, just like the soup at the restaurant, but sincerely, this was so great a soup that I just didn't even notice they were missing. Feel free to add potatoes or riced cauliflower or any other veggie you prefer, if you've got the room for it.

SURPRISE SURPRISE - once again the recipe add link is not giving me nutritional data. I will post that later.

UPDATE: Nutritional Data (may change, have to confirm sausage info)

8 servings
    Calories: 442
    Fat 41 grams (Saturated 20 g; Monounsaturated 6 g)
    Cholesterol: 112 mg
    Sodium: 1142 mg
    Potassium: 282 mg
    Carbs: 6 grams, Fiber: 1 gram, Sugar: 1 gram
    Protein: 10 grams
    Vitamin A: 25%
    Vitamin C: 5%
    Calcium: 8%
    Iron: 4%