Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ran 9 miles this morning in 1:32:40. Felt good, love the new shoes! I had to make myself slow down in miles 7 and 8, but am very pleased with my average pace.

16+ miles on the bicycle yesterday and another 20 this afternoon- couldn't pass up the beautiful weather!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone 8)
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    13.13 miles .... I literally felt like I was running forever and all over the place to get to that distance. I wasn't really into it and felt like I was just "moseying along" but felt pretty accomplished afterwards.

I'm still in awe that @FireStorm1972‌ has the discipline and determination to run that distance on a treadmill.
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Ran 9 miles this morning in 1:32:40. Felt good, love the new shoes! I had to make myself slow down in miles 7 and 8, but am very pleased with my average pace.

16+ miles on the bicycle yesterday and another 20 this afternoon- couldn't pass up the beautiful weather!
    Beautifully done! You guys all run so fast to me ;)

• pimpin_po
    Options
    @Ceci_O_K‌ Also, what kind of running shoes did you end up getting? What is your pronation?
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Cross training day
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Fantastic efforts everyone!

My running buddy points out I did the math wrong and we have another week until the 12 week point. I want to sit with the calendar and see for myself... but, assuming she is right my plan is to take the week off from running, do some core work and lightly cross train and hope my knee enjoys the rest. I've been disappointed the last 2 runs (albeit they were treadmill runs, which I already dislike) with the pain... thinking time off will do me good, assuming I have the extra week anyhow. Plus. More snow. New England; this isn't our first rodeo... but trying to find clear pavement is a challenge for sure!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    pimpin_po wrote: »
    @Ceci_O_K‌ Also, what kind of running shoes did you end up getting? What is your pronation?

I have a slight over pronation. I got New Balance 1260r3's. The wider width makes all the difference!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    I overpronate also. Was in Brooks Ravenna 5's...Most comfortable shoe I've had. With no sew'n material in the toe box, it's very stretchy. Now in Saucony's Grid 7's, finally worked in and just as comfy, oh and very "Bling" LOL.
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had my first double digit run! Managed 10 miles in 1hr 53. It wasn't my best run and I took a few short walking breaks, but I went the distance. I got my gait analysed and picked up some asics GT 3000-2. Considering joining a gym to take part in some strength and core classes as well as cross training with some combat and cycling.�
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    poke987 wrote: »
    Fantastic efforts everyone!

My running buddy points out I did the math wrong and we have another week until the 12 week point. I want to sit with the calendar and see for myself... but, assuming she is right my plan is to take the week off from running, do some core work and lightly cross train and hope my knee enjoys the rest. I've been disappointed the last 2 runs (albeit they were treadmill runs, which I already dislike) with the pain... thinking time off will do me good, assuming I have the extra week anyhow. Plus. More snow. New England; this isn't our first rodeo... but trying to find clear pavement is a challenge for sure!

sounds like a good plan! I hope the rest helps your knees! :)
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    I had my first double digit run! Managed 10 miles in 1hr 53. It wasn't my best run and I took a few short walking breaks, but I went the distance. I got my gait analysed and picked up some asics GT 3000-2. Considering joining a gym to take part in some strength and core classes as well as cross training with some combat and cycling.�
    THAT'S AWESOME! When I go on long runs I usually stop halfway and walk in a store and get some water ... I think the little 2-3 minute break helps give me the stamina to finish my run strong.
    I am thinking of joining a gym for the same reason. But I really don't want too ... I just feel like I should haha.
  • pimpin_po
    Options
    To everyone that talked about their shoes- thanks for the input. I've been contemplating what new running shoes I should get to replace my Nike Pegasus 30's. They give me blisters right on my toe nails. I have neutral footing and I am thinking of going with the new Brooks Ghost 7's. I tried on the 6's last year and they were like heaven, just god awful ugly.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I ran my scheduled 2 mile run yesterday before breakfast in 19:12. Yesterday afternoon, we took the motorcycles out. I had forgotten how much I love to ride my motorcycle!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    Cross Training Day for me 8)
    A strong core will help along with any strength training. Yoga has done wonders for me in opening my hips and stretching my quads and ham's...no more hip pains when running.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Quality session today. Speed intervals on the treadmill for 20 mins, excl warm up and cool down.

I'm not sure if I really enjoy the quality sessions. Maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough in them. Does anyone else do hill/speed intervals?
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't do hills or intervals at the moment, but I keep saying I am going to add them. There are a few hills on my long run and they kill me every time and they aren't even that steep!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Around here, I have to search hard for a place to run without hills. My go to route is at my local National Park. The almost 7 mile course has rolling hills with 2 particularly tough ones.

No running for me yesterday, but I did 7 miles on the stationary bike at the gym. Hoping to get away from work long enough to do some speedwork today.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I snuck out for a late lunch run. Got in 4 miles in 39:15 including some speed intervals in the middle- 30 sec fast run, 1 minute slower X 10. I was really ready for the fast intervals to be done!
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    5k today.