Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• chelm1222
    chelm1222 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've had a rough week the last week or so in terms of running...meaning I've not really ran much at all. I finished week 3 and then worked more than I usually do, so I didn't have much energy to run. On top of all that, it snowed so I wasn't able to get out to run. I did week 3 day 3 a second time earlier this week and am hoping to start week 4 tomorrow. I'm nervous that it will be difficult since I haven't been running much, but I also don't want to do another week 3 day again because I felt relatively comfortable running it. I know that this is my usual time to fall off the c25k bandwagon (from past failed attempts) so I'm hoping that I can push through and continue. Good job to all of the hard work and progress all of you have made!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    chelm1222 wrote: »
    I've had a rough week the last week or so in terms of running...meaning I've not really ran much at all. I finished week 3 and then worked more than I usually do, so I didn't have much energy to run. On top of all that, it snowed so I wasn't able to get out to run. I did week 3 day 3 a second time earlier this week and am hoping to start week 4 tomorrow. I'm nervous that it will be difficult since I haven't been running much, but I also don't want to do another week 3 day again because I felt relatively comfortable running it. I know that this is my usual time to fall off the c25k bandwagon (from past failed attempts) so I'm hoping that I can push through and continue. Good job to all of the hard work and progress all of you have made!

Sorry it's been challenging. My suggestion is to make a decision to run even slower than you walk, as long as you get the intervals done. Because if you can walk them, you can run at the same pace as walking. Don't give up, you can - and you will - do it.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Figured I should check-in here...just did W1D1 (again)...and yep, it was rough at points...but (oddly) wasn't my shins that were hurting, but my Achilles (sp?). Have stretched accordingly. :) Cheers all and keep up the good work/battle/fight. ;)
  • iainletham61
    Options
    Had a bad day a work and went straight for a 30 min run instead of the 28 min I was meant to do W8D1 I wasn't pushing it and managed 4.6 km .....the 5K sub 30 min will be happening this week
  • littlesnausage
    Options
    Managed to push through the mental barrier I hit at the end of week six and completed W7D1 today. I'm super slow, but I still managed to jog for 25 minutes (I was really waiting for the end of it, though). And that was after doing Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred this morning. I have a LOT of weight to lose, but am pretty for for a fatty
  • littlesnausage
    Options
    Fit for a fatty, even.
  • chelm1222
    chelm1222 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Did week 4 day 1 today, and, although it was hard, it was not bad. I felt like walking partway through the 2nd 3 minute run, but pushed back the mental block and kept running. Looking forward to the next day of running. Hopefully it will be a bit easier than today.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was on W5D1 today, but I decided to just go with the 2.25/30 minute run again. I was not feeling it today and really had to push myself to do the last nine minutes. Lately I've been alternating running and walking to get to 5k, but today I had enough at 37 minutes and stopped. I'd stay that was still a pretty good workout, though :)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Just keep going everyone. Some days suck, but then there are those fantastic ones with complete flow in between.
  • drdwngfan
    drdwngfan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Finished C25k !!! I did a 5k distance last Sunday in 46:00. I am going to start my B210K training now as I prepare for my upcoming 5k race on March 1st.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    Just keep going everyone. Some days suck, but then there are those fantastic ones with complete flow in between.
    So true!
    drdwngfan wrote: »
    Finished C25k !!! I did a 5k distance last Sunday in 46:00. I am going to start my B210K training now as I prepare for my upcoming 5k race on March 1st.
    Way to go!!!

There's a fairly active B210k Group.

• DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    W4D1 on Saturday and W4D2 yesterday. I was feeling really great on the last 5 minute run so extended it to 10 minutes!
  • mjc1409
    mjc1409 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Starting week 1 day 1 today!
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K in October and tried to keep up my running. The changing seasons has bothered me. I don't mind running in the 30's, but I don't like to run when it is dark for safety reasons. Now that it is winter, it is dark when I leave for work in the morning and dark when I get home. Luckily my company has a gym in my building that I can use at no charge, so I have been running on a treadmill (except for an occasional Saturday run outside).

I took several weeks off around the holidays, but I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Knowing I am not up to 30 minutes of continuous running, I decided to start in the middle of the C25K program again and work my way back up. Last week I did W4,D3 and it was just the right amount of challenge. Today I'm going to do W5,D1.

I can't wait to get back "up to speed" and I can't wait until I can take my runs outside again.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    drdwngfan wrote: »

WTG!
  • veritas1201
    veritas1201 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 2 Day 1 today, and I'm shocked that it didn't kick my butt! I've never been a runner, I couldn't even run a mile in school during gym class grades 1-12. Big deal that I'm working with the C25k and even running at all.
    So hooray!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I started the first day yesterday. I love that the app prompts you when to walk and run
  • myfreeacct
    myfreeacct Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wk1d1 OMG I totally did it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's great to pop in here and see new faces! Way to get out there!
    dxokrykse3bw.gif
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started C25k a few weeks ago. I used to run often a couple of years ago and getting back into it so my progression was pretty quick. After wk 2, I decided to start running full 5k's on the treadmill. That was at 5mph. Monday I hit the street because the weather was nice and ran 5k in 37min. Last night I stepped it up some more and reached it in 29 mins. This was in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with a 160ft elevation change over the course.