Fitbit & MFP linking

Options
So I just got my Fitbit Flex. I'm having issues with the syncing. I can't see my steps from the Fitbit app on the MFP app. I have disconnected and reconnected several times already. I show that the Fitbit is linked because it has the check mark next to it when I click on the 'Steps' option. Also, is there a way to track your sleep on the MFP, or does that all need to be done on the Fitbit app? I'm debating weather to ditch the MFP app altogether and just use the Fitbit app so it is all in one place, but there are features I prefer on the MFP app. Anyone have any suggestions? Please and thank you!

Replies

• freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is not pushing data to MFP for the first time in a month.. ugh.. I am having log calories in using MFP.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    There appears to be a problem with MFP when syncing with Fitbit today. Data stopped transferring sometime this afternoon.
  • wejn
    wejn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always have to kind of reboot mfp app by going into "steps" and clicking off of Fitbit to another option and then back. If I mess with that it will always kind of reboots and syncs up right. Annoying I know but at least it finally gets it right.
  • meerkatlion
    meerkatlion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The problem started yesterday evening UK time. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the iOS app; my dashboard on the Fitbit website did not update either. Yesterday's figures have now updated but my first figures of today haven't yet.
  • retaq
    retaq Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I only got mine the other day and have had problems with the syncing to mfp. Glad it's an issue their end and not just me.
    Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing on monday evening, MFP seems to know what fitbit is doing but Fitbit is not getting food, water or exercise from MFP. I don't see any indication of this on the fitbit website, has anyone contacted support?
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Where is this "steps" wejn? My account seems to work good most of the time, but I am working with someone now who has been trying to sync with no luck at all. This person has a Casio G'z phone and is have blue tooth issues. Does anyone know anything about this issue?
  • akelly1122
    Options
    Fitbit shows accurate steps and calories burned, but when I keep hitting sync for MFP the exercise says 0. Even on previous days the exercise did not save it says 0. I checked the time zone issue they are the same and match. Any suggestions or is it a fitbit wide issue right now.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    My fitbit app and MFP app have decided to quit communicating. FITBIT doesn't show calories in and MFP isn't showing fitbit calories burned. But it shows still synced. It is really frustrating.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Muddy_Yogi wrote: »
    My fitbit app and MFP app have decided to quit communicating. FITBIT doesn't show calories in and MFP isn't showing fitbit calories burned. But it shows still synced. It is really frustrating.

I'm having the same issue. Have been since last night

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mine is working fine....had no issues at all this week...
  • christabenjamin
    christabenjamin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Muddy_Yogi wrote: »

I started having this problem today as well. I emailed mfp.
  • EMCharlson
    Options
    After the MFP app update on 23rd Feb I am also having more sync difficulties. Also, my weight went from being the same as entered on Fitbit to 57st 1lb! Any ideas on that one?
  • krodmai
    krodmai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also having problems. Fitbit seems to periodically take my MFP calories in, but it won't sync the other way. I have uninstalled both apps off my phone and reinstalled. I have tried deactivating and reconnecting my Fitbit to the MFP app. I have turned off and on my phone and nothing seems to work. It's very frustrating.
  • clarkmich
    Options
    Glad I am not alone with these issues; mine started not working correctly 3 days ago! Thanks for starting this thread!
  • christabenjamin
    christabenjamin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine just started syncing again. Here's what I did: 1. MFP-Settings-Steps-Selected "don't track steps". 2. In fitbit settings-Applications-Revoke Access to MFP. 3. MFP-Apps-Fitbit Tracker-Get App-Allow. 4. Restart mobile MFP application - Steps in MFP match Fitbit and the calorie deficit displays! Good luck everyone, I hope it keeps working!
  • sandybohn
    sandybohn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Follow christabenjamin's instructions - it worked for me!
  • mtgrzz
    mtgrzz Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone! Mine started doing this yesterday afternoon and have unlinked and linked. It's fine when I first link them back but then stops. I tried the christabenjamin's instructions but it didn't work :(
  • JenniferJo2015
    Options
    This is a recurring problem. I have had a fitbit flex since june and regularly there are syncing problems with MFP. They need to fix the issue once and for all. Mine again quit working about two days ago. UGH!
  • flirtyquirky
    flirtyquirky Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP never gets fitbit info unless I unlink the accounts, log out of MFP app, relink accounts and log back into the app. My fitbit app always pulls the info from MFP. It's so annoying and really defeats the purpose of using MFP all together. I love the app but if I have to nap going through this hassle, I'll probably just stop using MFP.